TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How twisted mainstream America is.

With all the hoopla around Michael Jackson, has anybody ever wondered how :censored: up we are as a society. What I mean is seven of our soldiers are killed yesterday and they don't even bother to mention their names on the news. Yet some doped up child molester rock singer dies and it's like the whole world stands still. Thousands line up to get tickets to the funeral, the constant TV specials, and that's all you hear on the news, Michael J this, Michael J that. I mean, I liked his music but as a person he was a real turd, that's why they called him wacko jacko.

A service person sacrifices a lot, time away from family, battlefield hardships, people trying to kill you, and some make the ultimate sacrifice, yet they don't get the national recognition they deserve, like MJ, I guess you could say they're taken for granted.

I don't know.........................it just dosen't seem right to me.

I agree but I do not get the whole MJ thing AT ALL.

The guy had to pay $20m for some kids family beacause he did what? If you are innocent you are innocent. Not $20m innocent.

The whole Al Sharpton civil rights thing is also silly IMOas MJ made himself into a WHITE apearing space alien...Bizarre to say the least.

Crazy.

The guy had to pay $20m for some kids family beacause he did what? If you are innocent you are innocent. Not $20m innocent.

The whole Al Sharpton civil rights thing is also silly IMOas MJ made himself into a WHITE apearing space alien...Bizarre to say the least.

Crazy.

Al Sharpton is only interested in one thing: Al Sharpton

Claims of racism is the only thing that promotes him, so that's what he goes after.

+1 Storm...I happen to agree with you on this one, the people that are risking it all for very little for all of us get apathy. MJ was a great entertainer I suppose but so what? At the end of the day, virtually any other occupation is more useful to society and these people are rewarded far beyond their contributions.

I never cared that much for his stuff, not at all actually, more of a Springsteen kinda guy. When I was growing up any man that listened to MJ was considered a candyass to be slapped whenever possible :hysterical:

Sounds a little cavemen like I suppose, but thats how it was.

KC666

:rockon:

With all the hoopla around Michael Jackson, has anybody ever wondered how :censored: up we are as a society. What I mean is seven of our soldiers are killed yesterday and they don't even bother to mention their names on the news. Yet some doped up child molester rock singer dies and it's like the whole world stands still. Thousands line up to get tickets to the funeral, the constant TV specials, and that's all you hear on the news, Michael J this, Michael J that. I mean, I liked his music but as a person he was a real turd, that's why they called him wacko jacko.

A service person sacrifices a lot, time away from family, battlefield hardships, people trying to kill you, and some make the ultimate sacrifice, yet they don't get the national recognition they deserve, like MJ, I guess you could say they're taken for granted.

While I agree with the sentiments I think you're trying to say:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/0...aths/index.html

Names of our brave men and women are not plastered on news sites the day after they are killed out of respect to the families, and to be sure no one finds out their brother or sister has been killed from CNN, which would be VERY bad.

Yup, it is pretty sad that our fallen ones receive no attention or respect but MJ is being placed so high up. Him and sports figures. They are not worth that much money and respect! Pretty screwed up society we are living in today :(

When I was growing up any man that listened to MJ was considered a candyass to be slapped whenever possible :hysterical:

Sounds a little cavemen like I suppose, but thats how it was.

KC666

:rockon:

Yep. I had a roommate in the early 80's who played that Thriller album till I thought I would puke. To me it was overly synthesized bubblegum pop for 12 year old girls. The sissy dancing never impressed me either. Too much real music out there to waste time on Wacko Jacko.

To make matters worse, Je$$ie Jackson Jr did a speech in congress this morning on MJ, and actually had them all stand for a moment of silence. They won't do that for our fallen heroes who were killed yesterday in Afghanistan, but will do it for a psychotic, child-molesting pedophile?

This is all so very disgusting.

My thoughts - this is a great example of how secular so many in our country have become. Entertainment is the new religion. Celebrities are the new gods. This is the same thinking that put an unqualified celebrity into the White House.

Far too many people are not looking at the actual person in Michael Jackson. They only see the persona. He was a poor role model and set horrible examples for people to follow.

I saw a very well put summary earlier today, which was - would you leave your child alone with Michael Jackson?

MJ was definately a "FREAK OF NATURE" and this "BARNUM&BAILY" circus funeral is kinda ironic to his life.......

To bad this circus promotion will cost the Tax Payers Millions at a time that Local and State Government claim

they are broke..........

To make matters worse, Je$$ie Jackson Jr did a speech in congress this morning on MJ, and actually had them all stand for a moment of silence. They won't do that for our fallen heroes who were killed yesterday in Afghanistan, but will do it for a psychotic, child-molesting pedophile?

This is all so very disgusting.

Are you " :censored:" me!

Here Here Here!

+10000 to that.

Those serving our country for our freedom's should make the front page news every day!

Not some child molesting baby buying freak show!

I absolutely agree. Did you notice Jesse Jackson also came out of hiding since the cameras were rolling. Why am I not surprised??

Crazy.

I guess if $20 million was like what $20 bucks is to us we would have paid the $20 bucks to prevent the risk of having some whacked out jury conicting us of a crime we didn't do!

Who in their right mind would risk going to prision over paying out a settlement to make the problem go away? I wouldn't!

Jackson did not want to settle and wanted to fight that. It was all his attorneys that pushed him to just settle. If he fought it he ran the risk of criminal charges and the risk of going to prison even if he was inocent. The $20 million was chump change. The price he paid was all the people believing he was guilty no matter what. Which is why he wanted to fight it, but that later proved it would not have matter if he did because even after being found not guilty people still choose to believe what they want with no personal knowledge of anything other than what the media reported. The second time he fought it, They prosecuted. He was found not guilty. The accuser sued in civil court and lost that to! Civil cases are much easier to lose that criminal cases. If their evidence was so strong you would think they would have won the civil case!

Being wierd or strange does not mean you are guilty. People CHOOSE to believe what they want. The fact is, no of us know the truth no matter what we CHOOSE to believe.

Being wierd or strange does not mean you are guilty. People CHOOSE to believe what they want. The fact is, no of us know the truth no matter what we CHOOSE to believe.

Did you ever hear that interview, where he admitted that he loved for the little boys staying at Neverland with him to sleep in his bed with him? What sane person would do that?

If it quacks like a duck...

I agree.

Did you ever hear that interview, where he admitted that he loved for the little boys staying at Neverland with him to sleep in his bed with him? What sane person would do that?

If it quacks like a duck...

Have you ever heard an actual child molestor admit to having children sleeping in their bed?

Being strange or different does not mean you are a child molestor.

I'm very neutral in this issue. All I have to say is that it's time to move forward. I'm more interested in the economy; the war and where we are heading as a country. I don't care about this guy. I've heard enough of MJ. Next......

Have you ever heard an actual child molestor admit to having children sleeping in their bed?

Now this is rich SD sticking up for MJ...Google Mj and "child molester" and post later what you think. I did before I made my post. Another boy claimed he molested him the 1st time as well...the father of the first kid had him on tape talking with the kid in private, niether one of us were there but a housekeeper who was said that it was pretty sick...MJ IMO is a Pederast, period, dude.

Freaking sick. Sorry to burst your bubble but a 40 year old man who digs sharing his bed with little boys unrelated to him is distrubed, trust me MJ beyond being a freak and a dope addict had other issues...research it, it will surprise you.

Now this is rich SD sticking up for MJ...Google Mj and "child molester" and post later what you think. I did before I made my post. Another boy claimed he molested him the 1st time as well...the father of the first kid had him on tape talking with the kid in private, niether one of us were there but a housekeeper who was said that it was pretty sick...MJ IMO is a Pederast, period, dude.

Freaking sick. Sorry to burst your bubble but a 40 year old man who digs sharing his bed with little boys unrelated to him is distrubed, trust me MJ beyond being a freak and a dope addict had other issues...research it, it will surprise you.

Beyond toddler age, I think any man who digs sharing his bed with little boys related to him or not is disturbed.

Just one question: Would you have allowed your child to sleep in the bed with him?

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I'm talking about.......

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise, ID.. May God rest his soul.

Michael Jackson dies and it’s 24/7 news coverage. A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media has no honor.

This is what I'm talking about.......

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley, 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise, ID.. May God rest his soul.

Michael Jackson dies and it’s 24/7 news coverage. A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media has no honor.

You are correct that they have no honor. However, I doubt that they even know about this person. I had never heard of him either. He must have been one hell of a guy though. R.I.P. :salute:

Archived