TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07-09 GT 500 front fascia and stock 500 hood

Has anyone done this to their SGT? I know it fits the Mustang GT but not sure if the SGT sits too low or if there is a problem with the strut tower brace.
Shelby parts want fit on a Mustang GT :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ,,,,,,,,,,,just joking with you,,its the same car,,yes it will the front GT 500 fascia will work on a Mustang GT,,and yes it is better to use the stock GT 500 hood with the GT 500 front fasic,,,everything will line up better that way,have a nice day :victory:

Shelby parts want fit on a Mustang GT :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: ,,,,,,,,,,,just joking with you,,its the same car,,yes it will the front GT 500 fascia will work on a Mustang GT,,and yes it is better to use the stock GT 500 hood with the GT 500 front fasic,,,everything will line up better that way,have a nice day :victory:

great- thanks! There is a guy on Mustang Source that sells the new factory parts at a discount and SPP has the take-off 500 hoods from the KR program at a low price, while they last... Fix my hood scoop by getting the vented 500 hood. :)

Has anyone done this to their SGT? I know it fits the Mustang GT but not sure if the SGT sits too low or if there is a problem with the strut tower brace.

I put the GT500 front on my 06 GT, used the stock hood, everything fit fine. To be honest with you,

I liked the look better without the 500 hood, much more agressive looking. Dont know for sure, but

I cant see why the 500 fascia wouldnt work with a lowered veh., 500 owners lower their cars all the

time with no issues.

That would be interesting to see. A SGT with the KR hood and front end. :lurk:

it's the stock 500 hoods that SAI took off the KR's as part of their conversion. The vents are functional. There are a few Stangs with the 500 front fascia and the TruFiber KR style hood though. I am interested in the stock 500 hood and front fascia. I am on my iPhone but I will post a link later if you want to see some completed projects. I think it would be cool especially since so many SGTs have custom hoods and grilles.

I put the GT500 front on my 06 GT, used the stock hood, everything fit fine. To be honest with you,

I liked the look better without the 500 hood, much more agressive looking. Dont know for sure, but

I cant see why the 500 fascia wouldnt work with a lowered veh., 500 owners lower their cars all the

time with no issues.

Thanks. Good to know. I like that look too but my stripes and scoop are FUBAR. I am liking this idea the more I think about it. Even pondering the V6 spoiler but I would like to see it with the SGT spoiler delete first.

it's the stock 500 hoods that SAI took off the KR's as part of their conversion. The vents are functional. There are a few Stangs with the 500 front fascia and the TruFiber KR style hood though. I am interested in the stock 500 hood and front fascia. I am on my iPhone but I will post a link later if you want to see some completed projects. I think it would be cool especially since so many SGTs have custom hoods and grilles.

conversion link

SPP GT 500 take off hood

here is a KR style hood setup (if you want to see that)

IMG_3246.jpg

Got it. Sweet pic.

It will line up perfectly. I liked the look when I had the stock hood. Was actually a bit more menacing but the GT hood was real plain. It will work fine lowered. I am on Sportlines and have the CF chin and have no probs. Just need to be careful.

Kevin is a great guy for parts. Clevenger Ford 800 570 5554

It will line up perfectly. I liked the look when I had the stock hood. Was actually a bit more menacing but the GT hood was real plain. It will work fine lowered. I am on Sportlines and have the CF chin and have no probs. Just need to be careful.

Kevin is a great guy for parts. Clevenger Ford 800 570 5554

That looks great. Thanks for the info. I have already raked a few curbs with my SGT/CS front fascia. I like the CF chin. Nice way to top it off.

• 1 month later...

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered the GT 500 front fascia from Kevin and the stock GT 500 hood from Shelby Performance Parts. The fascia kit was $2800 but because I have HIDs, I had to spend $1100 4 the GT 500 HID kit because I want to keep that setup. The hood is from the KR program (take off). This will be my personalized SGT with a functional heat extracting hood and solution to my scoop and wrinkled stripes. I think it will be unique having a hood from SAI. Any recommendations on a good body shop in the DC metropolitan area?

Next is FRPP 3.73 rear end and 20" Shelby Razors w Nitto 555s. Long term is either the 475 HO Whipple 4 auto trannies or the FRPP Hot Rod cams, long tube headers and ported heads.

I was always partial to the stock look of the SGT, reminded me of the old ac cobras when i used to have my SGT. I kinda laughed when I read this thread because I have two mustangs, a 05 reg stang and my 07gt500, I used to have a 07 SGT and i liked the looked of the gt500 front fascia so much that i almost bought the gt500 setup for my 05 stang just so i could have that mean look, instead i traded in the SGT for a gt500. i thought to myself, why stop at the fascia, just get the whole freaking thing, lol. I drove up to my dad's house that day and he just shook his head. :nonono:

I was always partial to the stock look of the SGT, reminded me of the old ac cobras when i used to have my SGT. I kinda laughed when I read this thread because I have two mustangs, a 05 reg stang and my 07gt500, I used to have a 07 SGT and i liked the looked of the gt500 front fascia so much that i almost bought the gt500 setup for my 05 stang just so i could have that mean look, instead i traded in the SGT for a gt500. i thought to myself, why stop at the fascia, just get the whole freaking thing, lol. I drove up to my dad's house that day and he just shook his head. :nonono:

I have 2 have auto tranny because I have a bad back and love it with the DC traffic. This is best of both worlds 4 me. If the 500 was avail w auto I would've traded up 2 the black vert red stripe edition and get it 40th 4 the suspension + light bar. I still like the SGT front end and notice people looking at it as they cross the crosswalk but at the end of the day the 500 fascia wins 4 me over the CS6/FRPP/CobraJet/Terlingua fascia/hood options and the KR/SAI hood makes a good conversation piece and keeps it "Genuine. Authentic. Shelby." I will put the Tiff cobra on the front grille to match my FRPP "SGT" tiff cobra tail emblem while maintaining the PBF fender emblems and "Shelby GT" or "Shelby GT/SC" (if that is the route I go) side stripes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got all my parts in this week. Half my garage is full with boxes. Once I get a date with the body shop, the transformation will begin! Thanks for the help with all the questions and Kevin's info from Clevenger Ford. Let the mods begin! I think I am gonna go and have the stripes painted on since I had so much trouble with the vinyl. I don't look forward to parting with my SGT though.

Archived