TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paying for your GT500

iceman

Are we talking ADM's again? Don't you all get tired of this?

The thread is about the price of cars and how to pay for it. Shouldn't you expect to discuss issues regarding the price of the car. It is not like I'm getting on your threads about purses and/or what freebies you got with your car.

I'll stick to my ebay thread. IF ADM bashing offends you, please don't visit it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread is about the price of cars and how to pay for it. Shouldn't you expect to discuss issues regarding the price of the car. It is not like I'm getting on your threads about purses and/or what freebies you got with your car.

I'll stick to my ebay thread. IF ADM bashing offends you, please don't visit it.

blah, blah, blah

Are we talking ADM's again? Don't you all get tired of this?

My car alloy vert shaker 1k oderd10/27/06 on hold, will be 59000 plus 10000 premium (adm) plus14% tax approx 78to79k canadian this is my dream car .i own a 65 fastback for 29 years my very first car and still have it. i want this car I have never bought a new car this is the one that turns my crank i put my money down in july2005 .and befor i die i would like to own one new car .but i say this will be the last time i buy a car from ford for allowing this to happen we all work hard for our money ,they are just greedy bast,;.'. does anyone agree? :rant:

My car alloy vert shaker 1k oderd10/27/06 on hold, will be 59000 plus 10000 premium (adm) plus14% tax approx 78to79k canadian this is my dream car .i own a 65 fastback for 29 years my very first car and still have it. i want this car I have never bought a new car this is the one that turns my crank i put my money down in july2005 .and befor i die i would like to own one new car .but i say this will be the last time i buy a car from ford for allowing this to happen we all work hard for our money ,they are just greedy bast,;.'. does anyone agree? :rant:

Agree with what?

That we all work hard? Some of us Yes, some of us no.

That they are greedy? Some of them, yes, some, no.

+1. This guy cracks me up...he tells everyone else it "needs to stop", but then he dodges that issue when I confront him on it. Like I said...what a hypocrite.

Dave

Alright, I was done, but, I have to answer.

How did I dodge anything? I have been on here defending my position with each post.

In what way am I a hypocrite? Do you know the meaning of hypocrite?

Rob is right. When I look back, he did not tell me to stop. I inferred that from his post. My bad.

How did I dodge anything? I have been on here defending my position with each post.

Rob is right. When I look back, he did not tell me to stop. I inferred that from his post. My bad.

Here is how:

You said:

"This needless sense of urgency needs to go away."

I said:

So you are allowed to tell people their sense of urgency "needs to go away", but others are not allowed to tell you the same? Well that's a hypocrite if I've ever seen one.

The definition of hypocrite is someone who tells people one thing, but does another themself. This is exactly what you did. You told people that something needed to stop. But you criticized others for doing the same thing.

As for dodging, you dodged the fact that you told others "this needs to go away", but when you are told that your whining needs to "go away", you complain about it.

I'm done with you. You are on ignore...and I'm happy again. :happy feet:

Dave

See post #61.

You are not my dad, and I am not 15.

See post #61.

You are not my dad, and I am not 15.

Sorry, but, I don't understand this post. I saw #61. What does it have to do with the quoted post? Prob something, I just don't see it.

Geez, this got way out of hand.

Let's get back to topic. :beerchug:

My take: Just don't get too upside down on a loan. Make sure you can cover the difference.

Sorry, but, I don't understand this post. I saw #61. What does it have to do with the quoted post? Prob something, I just don't see it.

I paid a ADM like many. You do not agree with that.When you use words like "Ripped off" it makes me feel offended. I am here to learn about Mustangs and new products and have fun with my friends. I do not appreciate being told that I got "ripped off" when I just bought my dream car.

Does that make sense :shrug:

When I was a kid, I had a tough upbringing. You remind me of that period of my life.

I paid a ADM like many. You do not agree with that.When you use words like "Ripped off" it makes me feel offended. I am here to learn about Mustangs and new products and have fun with my friends. I do not appreciate being told that I got "ripped off" when I just bought my dream car.

Does that make sense :shrug:

When I was a kid, I had a tough upbringing. You remind me of that period of my life.

I don't mean to offend you Rob. In fact, I thought we were kinda starting to become friends after a few friendly PMs. I owe my first MSRP deal to you for motivating me to start calling again.

No offense, but, I really do feel that $15 by March will be too much. I'm not trying to beat you down. Just point it out. Tell you what. If ADMs are still 15k in March, I'll buy you a beer. If they are 5 k or less, you buy me a beer. In between, we'll call it a wash.

Now, I'm ready to drop this as I posted at least twice now. Please understand that I am still against the ADMS and will post as such in appropriate threads (such as price threads). I'll leave it alone elsewhere.

Deal?

I'm really not a bad guy. I just stand up for myself when needed. I was offended by the Tired of this post. I'm over it now.

PSDS is a powerful demon.

...dealer here local just sold two for 10k adm, previously sold a couple for 15-20K adm, so I am guessing that the next couple of months is the time to deal. In the spring, things will probably heat up again with decent driving weather. Buying a shelby is definitely more of an art than a science. Good luck to all who are still trying.

I don't mean to offend you Rob. In fact, I thought we were kinda starting to become friends after a few friendly PMs. I owe my first MSRP deal to you for motivating me to start calling again.

No offense, but, I really do feel that $15 by March will be too much. I'm not trying to beat you down. Just point it out. Tell you what. If ADMs are still 15k in March, I'll buy you a beer. If they are 5 k or less, you buy me a beer.

Now, I'm ready to drop this as I posted at least twice now. Please understand that I am still against the ADMS and will post as such in appropriate threads (such as price threads). I'll leave it alone elsewhere.

Deal?

I'm really not a bad guy. I just stand up for myself when needed. I was offended by the Tired of this post. I'm over it now.

I hold no grudges over this. As Dave has said, words alone can make one feel awkward. Especially if they are harsh words. Peace Brother. Life is shorter than you think.

As for the beers, I have known Bill Wilson for 20 years on march 21st !!!

I hold no grudges over this. As Dave has said, words alone can make one feel awkward. Especially if they are harsh words. Peace Brother. Life is shorter than you think.

As for the beers, I have known Bill Wilson for 20 years on march 21st !!!

Excuse my ignorance, who is Bill Wilson? The founder of AA? If so, I understand. I'll make yours a Coke.

Apparently Dave is holding a grudge. I am officially ignored. Too, bad. He lives close to me. After all the stress is gone, we might have been GT500 buddies. WE prob will be in the same clubs. Guess I'll just have to outrun him on the tracks.

I just want to make a few points.......We are all fortunate people. We live in the greatest country in the world, we have choices, and we have the freedom to make them. It's cool that we disagree but I choose not to take anything said by another member on this site to get under my skin. It's a win win guys. Those of us that paid ADM's are driving the car and loving it. Those that are waiting can feel good about saving their cash. What's the problem?

I paid 20k over sticker for mine. I have no idea if this car will end up being a collectible. However, I do know that this car was produced during Mr Shelby's life and with his involvement. . He wont be with us forever. I hope he lives to 150!! But, when he passes on the car will most likely go up in value. t the end of the day, all that matters is "AM I HAVING FUN"!

The car is a monster! I went to Galpin Ford, they had the car I wanted, I went home slept on it, came back the next day and bought it. I am an adult, I made a decision that fit my wants and needs. I completely agree with the guy who said that there are many cars that have big ADM's only to end up being all hype. It's a fact and it almost always happens. In my case I dont care, I wanted the car when I wanted it. I also want an F430 Ferrari, but I can't allow myself to pay 100K over sticker. I also want to build an infiniti pool in my back yard etc.....I will have to wait on those...I din't think twice about paying 20K over for the SHELBY and I will NEVER regret it for one second.

I had a meeting on wednesday with a guy how was a driver for the Robb Report car of the year competition.

He drove all 20 cars, Bugatti, 911 Turbo, Lambo's etc......The most fun car in his and MANY other drivers opinion was the SHELBY!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said.

Jason

Excuse my ignorance, who is Bill Wilson? The founder of AA? If so, I understand. I'll make yours a Coke.

Apparently Dave is holding a grudge. I am officially ignored. Too, bad. He lives close to me. After all the stress is gone, we might have been GT500 buddies. WE prob will be in the same clubs. Guess I'll just have to outrun him on the tracks.

You are correct on Bill W. ;)

Dave is a great guy. :yup:

I think you could get him to be your friend for a bale of Hay. :hysterical:

Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree.

I paid over MSRP for the first time in my life. I've been driving my car since the first week of July. I'm very happy and I paid less than I was going to for an 06 Saleen 281SC. I am convinced I got the better car but won't argue the point.

You want the car you pay the price or you wait another 6 months or so unless you got a POWERLEASE.

Meanwhile, while some call me dumb while they bitch and wait, I'm enjoying the car shows, cruises, meets, etc.

Guess I'm with those who are "tired of hearing it"

Hey Rob,

There is nothing quite as wonderfu as "the road to happy destiny" especially in a SHELBY!!!!

:headspin:

Thanks StratStang,

I appreciate that comment. The GT/CS makes me very happy to drive. I have a wonderful wife that wants me to get the GT500 and fullfill my dream. :D

Thanks StratStang,

I appreciate that comment. The GT/CS makes me very happy to drive. I have a wonderful wife that wants me to get the GT500 and fullfill my dream. :D

Rob,

My wife was supportive of my Shelby purchase too. It sure makes it more fun to have her enjoying the car with me. For some reason, I thought you already had the GT500....I hope you get yours soon my friend. Life is good! It's nice to meet a friend of Bill W on this forum.

I'll take a cake for 7 yrs on March 1st for me.....a miracle!

Best,

Jason

Rob,

My wife was supportive of my Shelby purchase too. It sure makes it more fun to have her enjoying the car with me. For some reason, I thought you already had the GT500....I hope you get yours soon my friend. Life is good! It's nice to meet a friend of Bill W on this forum.

I'll take a cake for 7 yrs on March 1st for me.....a miracle!

Best,

Jason

Here are my chips. All 19. March will be 20. I will have my car in March.

There is no way I would be here to have this car if it were not for Bill W.

Here are my chips. All 19. March will be 20. I will have my car in March.

There is no way I would be here to have this car if it were not for Bill W.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That's beautiful! That made my day. Thanks for sharing that with me. Have a great weekend and I look forward to staying in touch.

Peace,

Jason

I paid over MSRP for the first time in my life. I've been driving my car since the first week of July. I'm very happy

You want the car you pay the price or you wait another 6 months or so unless you got a POWERLEASE.

Meanwhile, while some call me dumb while they bitch and wait, I'm enjoying the car shows, cruises, meets, etc.

Guess I'm with those who are "tired of hearing it"

I'm driving since August. +1

Having only paid MSRP I may not be one to comment, but I will anyway.

I've had mine for a little over a week and all I can tell you is...BUY IT! BUY IT NOW! Finance it however you want but BUY IT!

All of the hype you've read and heard about this car are true. It is simply the most exciting car to be manufactured in this country in many years. Everytime you drive it you will tell yourself you made the right decision. On the other hand, if you don't get it you'll regret it. Life is short, it's only money.

BUY IT!

:finger:

I have a question for anyone that cares to comment.

I am 23 years old and am looking to buy a gt500 when I can get one for msrp, coupe, just interior upgrade. With that said, I have $25k for a down payment, could someone just guestimate for me how much my monthly payments would/could be?? and would it be better to get a car loan from a bank or finance through ford dealer?

I know I am young and should save my money and all that good stuff, but if you can look past that Id love to hear your comments/opinions!

Thanks!!!

Its been my dream to own a new mustang, and my favs of all time was, yup you guessed it, a gt500 and cobra, and this new gt500 combines both!!!!!!!!!!!

Figure about 25 dollars in your payment for every 1k you borrow.

Rob and Strat,

I forgot to say congrats last night on your achievement. It must have taken a tremendous amount of inner strength to overcome that.

Thanks 5.4! The truth is that I can't take ANY credit for it.....If I cold do it alone than I would feel like I actually accomplished something.......Im just grateful that there is a solution to my dis-ease : )

J

Archived