• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell someone that just had a round with cancer that he should waite. :banghead:

Everyone can do as they please, pay ADM or not. :rant:

Can you tell I am tired of your ADM hating now. :doh:

:(

+100 :rant:

If anyone gets in a position where they owe more than the car is normally covered for because of an ADM, you need to consider insurance to cover the ADM in case the car is stolen or wrecked.

If you are in this position, the coveraqge is called GAP insurance.

You can inquire about EasyCare Gap Protection

P.O. Box 88020

Atlanta , GA 30356

800-521-2776

BYW. I don't have anything to do with the company offering this protection. Just for info only.

I agree with you ! You only live once and if you want something, go for it......Never know when it is to late!!! Just do it!!! :hyper:

true true true!!!

I own the company, Good fun and investment

The cancer example is a poor one. Totally diff situation.

I really don't care if you or anyone else is tired of my anti-ADM posts. They will not stop. Feel free to use the ignore feature. Just because you don't agree with my opinion, does not give you the right to tell me to stop.

I didn't say anything about people paying ADM. I said the false sense of urgency was rediculous. You guys have all bought into this hype. The car will be available to anyone who wants one. You will see. I just hate to see so many people suckered into paying way too much for a car. You are right, It is up to you. If you choose to spend it, feel free. That isn't going to stop me from complaining about it. I have already made 2 deals this week for MSRP on '08 cars. I'll hate the wait, but, it isn't worth $15k extra to get it 6 months sooner.

I have a question for anyone that cares to comment.

I am 23 years old and am looking to buy a gt500 when I can get one for msrp, coupe, just interior upgrade. With that said, I have $25k for a down payment, could someone just guestimate for me how much my monthly payments would/could be?? and would it be better to get a car loan from a bank or finance through ford dealer?

I know I am young and should save my money and all that good stuff, but if you can look past that Id love to hear your comments/opinions!

Thanks!!!

Its been my dream to own a new mustang, and my favs of all time was, yup you guessed it, a gt500 and cobra, and this new gt500 combines both!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't care if you or anyone else is tired of my anti-ADM posts. They will not stop. Feel free to use the ignore feature. Just because you don't agree with my opinion, does not give you the right to tell me to stop.

I didn't say anything about people paying ADM. I said the false sense of urgency was rediculous. You guys have all bought into this hype. The car will be available to anyone who wants one. You will see. I just hate to see so many people suckered into paying way too much for a car. You are right, It is up to you. If you choose to spend it, feel free. That isn't going to stop me from complaining about it. I have already made 2 deals this week for MSRP on '08 cars. I'll hate the wait, but, it isn't worth $15k extra to get it 6 months sooner.

not a poor example. It mearly states if you want something, go for it....We never know what could happen! Only live once, so GO FOR IT !!!

Post all you want, friend. If you don't have the disposable money for an ADM then you definitely have your priorities right. Some people don't have it and still do it. That's a mistake IMO. If people do, or pay cash and can still vacation and eat whatever they want, provide for thier families, who cares? Good luck on your 2008 deals.

Post all you want, friend. If you don't have the disposable money for an ADM then you definitely have your priorities right. Some people don't have it and still do it. That's a mistake IMO. If people do, or pay cash and can still vacation and eat whatever they want, provide for thier families, who cares? Good luck on your 2008 deals.

Who said I don't have the money? I have more than enough. I'm just not willing to part with it when I don't have to (which is partly why I have it). I have my deal in place and a backup to boot. Both at MSRP. All because I waited. I waited because I also have the brains and experience to understand this situation. I have seen many, many car go through this same exact highADM to low ADM to Sticker to rebates cycle. And, I am trying to share that knowledge. Go ask the guys that paid them for the Mach 1 if they still think it was a good decision. Come back here in a year and ask the same thing.

I wasn't knocking people paying ADM to be one of the first to get the car. I was knocking the belief that this car is a "get it now or never" car. That is the premise that most people are needlessly paying the premium for. I'm trying to point out to them that it is not necessary. People read these sites when they are researching the car. When they read things like that, they believe it. I feel like it is our responsibilty to educate them, not mislead them into making a mistake.

edit: Clarifying. I have no problem with choosing to pay ADM. I have a problem with believing you have to.

Captainbobby,

I did. Not proud of it. Not regretting it. Don't even have the car yet. Q1 will be here soon.

15K ADM !

Hey Rob, I dont regret it for a second.. Just didn;t want to think I was the only one.. Worth every penny..

Thanks, now I'm in good company :headspin:

I beg your pardon. Here is your quote:

"This needless sense of urgency needs to go away."

So you are allowed to people their sense of urgency "needs to go away", but others are not allowed to tell you the same? Well that's a hypocrite if I've ever seen one.

If I could use curse words here, I would...but I'll refrain.

Dave

I beg your pardon. Here is your quote:

"This needless sense of urgency needs to go away."

So you are allowed to people their sense of urgency "needs to go away", but others are not allowed to tell you the same? Well that's a hypocrite if I've ever seen one.

If I could use curse words here, I would...but I'll refrain.

Dave

Your the better man Dave. This whining about not getting a car gets old.

Who said I don't have the money? I have more than enough. I'm just not willing to part with it when I don't have to (which is partly why I have it). I have my deal in place and a backup to boot. Both at MSRP. All because I waited. I waited because I also have the brains and experience to understand this situation. I have seen many, many car go through this same exact highADM to low ADM to Sticker to rebates cycle. And, I am trying to share that knowledge. Go ask the guys that paid them for the Mach 1 if they still think it was a good decision. Come back here in a year and ask the same thing.

I wasn't knocking people paying ADM to be one of the first to get the car. I was knocking the belief that this car is a "get it now or never" car. That is the premise that most people are needlessly paying the premium for. I'm trying to point out to them that it is not necessary. People read these sites when they are researching the car. When they read things like that, they believe it. I feel like it is our responsibilty to educate them, not mislead them into making a mistake.

edit: Clarifying. I have no problem with choosing to pay ADM. I have a problem with believing you have to.

blah, blah, blah - fact is, you DON'T have a car.

I thought (hoped) that the whole "adm argument" was like the whole "too much weight issue" - in the past and forgotten :doh:

let's face it, discussion of financial wisdom and economics is best left for investments and those practical things that we must have in life to survive, even extends to basic everyday transportation. The shelby is not practical from any perspective, it is a fun toy and will never be considered a practical form of transportation. As a fun toy, each person decides what it is worth to have the enjoyment of the toy, and that translates into adm (which by the way does seem to be going down quite a bit as we head into winter). Each person will end up making a decision based on how much they want the toy, and how much extra money they have lying around.

This seems to be turning into an argument, so maybe we can just all agree that folks that want to pay adm are going to, and there is nothing wrong with that decision, and for those that want to take a chance on waiting for a lower price, that is just as ok. No reason to question another's decisions or motives; let's try to stay friendly here and not let the adm thing lead to more "ignore features" and flame wars.

Dave, I did not tell anybody how to do anything with that post. I simply stated it needed to end. Curse all you want. Won't bother me.

HSURB, do you need me to type slower? I choose not to have a car. I choose to keep the extra money.

MM, I did not hear any whining about not getting the car. I am getting a car. 2 if I want. How does calling someone a name (a forum rule) make anyone a better man?

Whatever guys. Enjoy your cars.

It amazes me that no one on this site sees a problem with getting ripped off.

Are we talking ADM's again? Don't you all get tired of this?

damn, I just can't keep up with you :banghead: How fast do you type :doh:

As someone who really has not been part of this argument, I've got to say that a reader of your posts could easily infer that you are saying that anyone who pays adm is morally/economically/intellectually inferior. This is probably why you are getting the responses you are getting. So many times in my life I have encountered people who internally justify their personal decisions, by criticizing anyone who makes a different decision. I hope that is not what is happening here.

I thought (hoped) that the whole "adm argument" was like the whole "too much weight issue" - in the past and forgotten :doh:

let's face it, discussion of financial wisdom and economics is best left for investments and those practical things that we must have in life to survive, even extends to basic everyday transportation. The shelby is not practical from any perspective, it is a fun toy and will never be considered a practical form of transportation. As a fun toy, each person decides what it is worth to have the enjoyment of the toy, and that translates into adm (which by the way does seem to be going down quite a bit as we head into winter). Each person will end up making a decision based on how much they want the toy, and how much extra money they have lying around.

This seems to be turning into an argument, so maybe we can just all agree that folks that want to pay adm are going to, and there is nothing wrong with that decision, and for those that want to take a chance on waiting for a lower price, that is just as ok. No reason to question another's decisions or motives; let's try to stay friendly here and not let the adm thing lead to more "ignore features" and flame wars.

You're preaching to the choir. Most of us agree, but there are a few people out there who continue to hammer on those who pay ADMs. They just refuse to stop whining.

Dave

Dave, I did not tell anybody how to do anything with that post. I simply stated it needed to end. Curse all you want. Won't bother me.

HSURB, do you need me to type slower? I choose not to have a car. I choose to keep the extra money.

MM, I did not hear any whining about not getting the car. I am getting a car. 2 if I want. How does calling someone a name (a forum rule) make anyone a better man?

5.4 - Yes type slower, it would help all of us understand what your sole focus on this board is. Is all I can say is wear the badge and wear it proudly. You're the man!!!

It does NOT need to end. What needs to end is your endless dialog about this.

Dave

Archived