TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another great product from Steeda

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_heav...ner_bracket.php

Installed this over the weekend. I had previously installed their billet idler pulleys and was impressed.

The HD tensioner has the same high quality pulley and zero flex under load.

I had experienced an issue with the stock cast piece under full boost.

This mod is very affordable and takes 10 minutes to install.

MM

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_heav...ner_bracket.php

Installed this over the weekend. I had previously installed their billet idler pulleys and was impressed.

The HD tensioner has the same high quality pulley and zero flex under load.

I had experienced an issue with the stock cast piece under full boost.

This mod is very affordable and takes 10 minutes to install.

MM

Funny, I just added this to my 'to do' list in my profile a couple days ago. Looks like a quality piece. I'm glad to hear it's worth the dough.

Ken

Although it looks nice, unless there is something wrong with the stock part I would not change it for $150. I have not belt issues with 11psi boost, no wear, no nothing. If I were to have issues I may use this part but not for the heck of it. :headscratch:

Although it looks nice, unless there is something wrong with the stock part I would not change it for $150. I have not belt issues with 11psi boost, no wear, no nothing. If I were to have issues I may use this part but not for the heck of it. :headscratch:

The reason it went on my to do list was because I heard about a couple of different 3V's belts slipping and/or breaking. This was at a local shop.

Both guys mentioned to me that it's worth the investment with a blower, even at low boost over the long run. Regardless, it's another shiny part on the front of the otherwise bland looking engine. I certainly didn't need the billet idler pulleys for anything, but they sure do look purdy. :)

Ken

Mine is also a thumprr racing one and YES you need a BETTER one than stock my stock one flexed all the time then bent in the deflected position. If you run a supercharger with 10+ boost get a better tensioner also get a spare belt and a long breaker bar to prevent you from having to call a tow truck @ the track...

OK, it's been raining here 3 days now in Florida and have 2 more to go, so being as there is nothing else to do, I guess I will install the Steeda upgraded belt tensioner on my Gen II Whipple. I have 2 extra belts and no issues, but I guess better safe than sorry, especially when I full boost it. Not spending money anyway cause there is nothing much I like doing in the rain. The Shelby has never seen the rain and don't plan on seeing it either. :banghead:

Crap now what will I do the rest of the weekend if it's raining. I received the Steeda Belt Tensioner and took a whole 15 min to install and even had a brew with it. It is stronger looking than stock. Really don't need the shiney front because you won't see it anyway. Maybe I should have taken a bigger project like a new dual clutch install. :happy feet:

Archived