TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Pres sensor

Drove the SGT for first time in two weeks checked tires last night ok and surpize fault light comes on dealer says I have to leave it for day can this be reset at home? Have snesors on all my BMWs never have had light come on Help? I know this has been on here before but could not locate Thanks bruce

Drove the SGT for first time in two weeks checked tires last night ok and surpize fault light comes on dealer says I have to leave it for day can this be reset at home? Have snesors on all my BMWs never have had light come on Help? I know this has been on here before but could not locate Thanks bruce

just hit the reset button on the dash and it will go off. then may or may not come back on after car has been turned off. my comes on frequently.

Its not just the little yellow light there is a message by speedo it says tire pres, monitor fault tried reset tool turn key on 3 times push brake pedal then 3 more times horn should honk and then reset each wheel sound like I have bad sensor on wheel tires are set at factory specs advice?

Its not just the little yellow light there is a message by speedo it says tire pres, monitor fault tried reset tool turn key on 3 times push brake pedal then 3 more times horn should honk and then reset each wheel sound like I have bad sensor on wheel tires are set at factory specs advice?
Just tried re set switch fault comes back called Ford dealer they said bring it in sensor is bad on one of the wheels, anyone else have this?

If the pressures are correct, and the sensors are communicating with the TPMS module, then the light

should go off after you go above about 20 mph. Its also possible a sensor (or sensors) have to be

retrained with the module, you need the tool for this procedure. If that still doesnt work, theres a

problem with the system that will have to be diagnosed & repaired dy the dealer.........Good Luck

If the pressures are correct, and the sensors are communicating with the TPMS module, then the light

should go off after you go above about 20 mph. Its also possible a sensor (or sensors) have to be

retrained with the module, you need the tool for this procedure. If that still doesnt work, theres a

problem with the system that will have to be diagnosed & repaired dy the dealer.........Good Luck

Thanks SGT goes to dealer on Thurs told them what I did and they said problem with a sensor tires are set 32 psi, tried reset and tried tool for TPS guess Im off to dealer Bruce

Jeff hope you are well going to Vintage race in JUl Road America? drive your SGT and driver gets in free Ill be therre, asking your help again, put polished rims on in Apr no problem now have message on dash whell sensor fault tried reset and TPS sensor and fault keeps coming back, wheel sensor is bad according to deaaler? Anyone have this problem looked for it on forum know its on here cant find it. Thanks Jeff Bruce

Here is what I found:

Enclosed is the TPS set-up guide.

First, if you really need a replacement, though a set of 4:

http://www.newtakeoff.com/ford_tpm_sensor_set_of_four.aspx

You will also need bands and mounting brackets:

See: http://www.revolutionsupply.com/(S(drceu14...)/products.aspx. Click on the accessory link.

Here are some threads with a lot of info that might help:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40759

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41906

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39366

Good luck!

-Jeff

TPS.pdf

TPS.pdf

Took SGT to Ford today covered under warranty BUT all four sensors had to be replaced dont know how much this would have cost me but car is only two years old with only 900 miles Hmmmm wonder if more problems with these stupid sensors in future Im from old school 57 years old check all tires on my car every week dont need sensor to tell me so Bruce

Took SGT to Ford today covered under warranty BUT all four sensors had to be replaced dont know how much this would have cost me but car is only two years old with only 900 miles Hmmmm wonder if more problems with these stupid sensors in future Im from old school 57 years old check all tires on my car every week dont need sensor to tell me so Bruce

Bruce, my SGT has had the low tire pressure light come on twice in the 11,000 miles I have put on the car. Each time the tires looked OK, the car drove ok, so I assumed the TPS was just not working correctly. I stopped by the Ford dealer who re-checked all the air in the tires and in each case the tires were within 1or 2 pounds of factory specs. In both cases, my car had been sitting for several days and there had been a temperature change of over 30 degrees, once colder and once hotter. These stupid TPS things are really sensitive and perhaps by nature a little sloppy/faulty. I'm like you, I would prefer to not have the sensors, but I'm afraid we are stuck with them. Maybe someone with some mechanical skill will post a "how to" guide to eliminate the warning light, I know you can't bypass the sensors and computer module. :shift:

Bruce, my SGT has had the low tire pressure light come on twice in the 11,000 miles I have put on the car. Each time the tires looked OK, the car drove ok, so I assumed the TPS was just not working correctly. I stopped by the Ford dealer who re-checked all the air in the tires and in each case the tires were within 1or 2 pounds of factory specs. In both cases, my car had been sitting for several days and there had been a temperature change of over 30 degrees, once colder and once hotter. These stupid TPS things are really sensitive and perhaps by nature a little sloppy/faulty. I'm like you, I would prefer to not have the sensors, but I'm afraid we are stuck with them. Maybe someone with some mechanical skill will post a "how to" guide to eliminate the warning light, I know you can't bypass the sensors and computer module. :shift:

Yep that is what my car does maybe Ill check tires each time we dont need sensor as car nuts to tell me to check tires, sadly this seems to be the way things are going, I think my new BMW z4 has a sensor to tell you to blow your nose HA!!! just kidding but that is how I feel bruce

Archived