TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My run-in with Law Enforcement

venom07

I had my first run-in with Johnny Law this weekend. I drove over to the other end of town to show off the car to some of my friends that live that way. While I was there I was obliged to give everyone a ride and of course I had to show off the power and handling. So...for the first 3 people everything was going great. I was kind of doing the same course for everyone. It was on my fourth trip around where I ran into trouble. As I was showing my friend how fast the car could accelerate I just happened to look in my rear view mirror and I see a police car come barreling down the street and swerve right in behind me. Needless to say that at this point I was trying to figure out how much my insurance was about to jump. He didn't immediately pull me over though but he did keep following me for a few blocks. Since this was making me really nervous I decided to turn left. It was a double turn. I turned into the left most lane and then he turned into the right most turn lane. At this point he signaled for me to roll down my window. Which of course I did. Then guess what he said.....

"Sweet car man. That is my dream car!!!"

OK so now my sphincter is back to normal. After we talked a while we both went on our way. I did drive a little slower after that though.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Venom07

Doh!!!!!! :doh:

That's enough to take a couple years off your life. I'm glad it all turned out OK.

I was thinking, it may be easy to get tickets in this car, but I have a feeling the cool factor will keep some of the cops from busting you. That is, unless you are really driving like an idiot.

I typically don't go too much over the speed limit but I do try to get to that limit as fast as possible. :)

:banana piano:

Venom

I hear ya .... its not breaking the speed limit thats fun ... its how fast you can get to the speed limit !

On another note ... talked to my ford rep ... and my car still is in limbo. It was released from the plant about 9 days ago and still no rail car number. Talk to my ford zone rep and she did confirm what I suspected. She asked her boss to get my shelby allocated a bit earlier than some others. I got a full vin with in three months from the order date, where as some good folks on this list have been waiting twice as long and our still waiting.

God its great to have connections !

dond

I haven't had a physical in 5 years. I'm afraid of hearing the C word. At my age, the odds start to look unpleasant.

How did your's go, Dave?

Went well. I need to get on a statin drug for cholesterol, and lose 15 pounds...not too bad. And no man hands were involved...it was a little tiny female doctor. whew.

And to add some humor...I was at the dentist last week for a bridge. She said, feel like making an impression? You can just imagine what I said. :hysterical2: Now I have a temporary bridge for the next 4 weeks. She said don't bite anything hard in the next 4 weeks. I said "well then, I better take a qualude prior to seeing the invoice price on my new car. :rant::rant::rant::rant:

:hysterical:

Dave

I had my first run-in with Johnny Law this weekend. I drove over to the other end of town to show off the car to some of my friends that live that way. While I was there I was obliged to give everyone a ride and of course I had to show off the power and handling. So...for the first 3 people everything was going great. I was kind of doing the same course for everyone. It was on my fourth trip around where I ran into trouble. As I was showing my friend how fast the car could accelerate I just happened to look in my rear view mirror and I see a police car come barreling down the street and swerve right in behind me. Needless to say that at this point I was trying to figure out how much my insurance was about to jump. He didn't immediately pull me over though but he did keep following me for a few blocks. Since this was making me really nervous I decided to turn left. It was a double turn. I turned into the left most lane and then he turned into the right most turn lane. At this point he signaled for me to roll down my window. Which of course I did. Then guess what he said.....

"Sweet car man. That is my dream car!!!"

OK so now my sphincter is back to normal. After we talked a while we both went on our way. I did drive a little slower after that though.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Venom07

My first encounter was after my first 7days hard & fast driving.

Stopped to take the pic against the rockie backdrop (see my arrival pics). W'ell after I took that pic it wasnt more than 1 mile away when I got nailed doing a 140km/hr in a 90 zone. As soon as passed the RC (thats Canadian for RCMP) who was driving in the opposite direction on the highway, I looked in my rear view mirror and his lights went on instantly, I knew I was busted as there were no other cars on the highway, so I pulled over and waited for him as he was a good 1/2 mile behind me.

He walks up to my car and says "what is this thing", I tell him and he says " what a nice car, I knew it was something different from the sound it was making" (keep in mind we are in the mountians and his window is closed and I am passing him at the optimum SC Whine as I get back to highway speed from a dead start). He goes on talking about my car for a few minutes and then tells me that I was excessive speeding. To cut a long story short he cut my ticket from a $360 to $175 and spent more time asking me about my car than anything else.

Thats my first encounter of many to come.

He did mention that he would love to test drive one. I told him that the chances of him finding one at a dealer who was willing to let him test drive it were pretty small. Then I said if you let me drive crazy for a little longer (to finish my friend's ride) you could take her for a short one. He just smiled. Needless to say I didn't dust him at the light.

Archived