TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motortrend video - GT500 vs. Camaro SS

Funny how Ford did not fix the wheelhop and it cost them time down the track. Then Ford makes you have to go out and buy tires so it will hook up. All Ford had to do was get Roush's anti wheelhop kit make it standard and choose some tires that sticked. I like the ideal of Goodyears since they are American tires but come on Goodyear give us some tires that stick. Since the 2010 GT500 went 12.8 and the 2009 GT500 went 12.6 the older car with less is faster according to Motor Trend. Way to go Ford my older 2009 GT500 I traded in is faster.

I would like to see (wishful thinking) 7 liter engine thrown in those shelbys so the comparo should be to Z06 or ZR1, vipers instead of camaro.

From the start shelby aimed at corvette and beat the crap out of it in the sixties. I do not know why they went the blowing way with our gt500 5.4 liter. Price? we could of paid extra to get 7 liter shelby. Greenys? they have nothing to say about the 7 liter Z06.

I feel shelby is demeaned when it is compared to Camaros or chally... it should match and beat the crap out of the top dogs like vettes and Vipers that is her league, I know you can blow her more but NO SUBSTITUTE TO CUBIC INCHES....... well....the bean counters had the last word.

I would like to see (wishful thinking) 7 liter engine thrown in those shelbys so the comparo should be to Z06 or ZR1, vipers instead of camaro.

From the start shelby aimed at corvette and beat the crap out of it in the sixties. I do not know why they went the blowing way with our gt500 5.4 liter. Price? we could of paid extra to get 7 liter shelby. Greenys? they have nothing to say about the 7 liter Z06.

I feel shelby is demeaned when it is compared to Camaros or chally... it should match and beat the crap out of the top dogs like vettes and Vipers that is her league, I know you can blow her more but NO SUBSTITUTE TO CUBIC INCHES....... well....the bean counters had the last word.

but the vette has progressed so much more than the mustang has.

The HP is here... But the weight and chassis of the vette make it superior platform for all but maybe straight line accel

I did wonder that a few months ago... The Mustang was a true competitor with the Corvette back in the day, but they really grew apart, and the Mustang for the worst unfortunately. Just an interesting observation, really.

Thanks for sharing, calgaryshelby, and welcome to Team Shelby!

Archived