TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future value of the GT500

old guy

Every car has a value of some sort to the owner, ranging form simple transportation to high value future investment return. There is no telling what the market will bring at any time. If you look at how everything from exotics, muscle cars, antiques and everyday drivers have done over the decades and, more so, generations, the only rule is to enjoy what you own and hope, not rely, on the speculation of future value. Demand is a fickle thing based on emotions and buyer financial worth.

For the more recent generations, look at Corvette Z models of past years, 1994 Mustang Pace cars and even the more recent Shelby GT-H Mustangs which have seen values go up, plummet, rise and repeat.

And finally, lets get back to the rules of this forum and play nice in the sand box together with our opinions.

Thank you.

:cool:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say yes to the 2006 GT-H, but the Shelby GT (non-rental) as a separate model designation was released based on public demand in 2007. Same vehicle design and contents, just different paint job and factory designation. Is that the gist of the semantics battle here? :cool:

Anyone with a double digit IQ who reads a few of your posts understands that you have expectations of significant appreciation. Walk it back if you want. It really doesn't matter what you believe. Hope it works out for ya Dude but the deck is stacked against you as many here have attempted to tell you. Enjoy.

Edit Edit Edit!

Thats ok mods! I did it myself!

Link to 2006 Shelby GT-H http://shelbyamerican.com/vehicles.asp

Scroll down to the bottom under 'Previous Models'

Why not be "Open minded?" :hysterical:

So now a Shelby GT-H is a Shelby GT??? You have a very unique thought process. So why isn't a Shelby GT-500 also a Shelby GT, it starts with the same letters as well. I will tell you why, they are 2 separate model cars just like the Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H.

By the way I knew that would be your response, that is how thick and predictable you are. God forbid you admit you were wrong.

Previous '08 GT500 owner. Can't imagine why you would need to know that other than for juvenile judgemental reasons. I do not own a Boeing 777 either but can have legitimate opinions about them.

Exactly, you are not allowed to have an opinion on the value of something unless you own it? He was trying to bait you into becoming a "Troll" again, good job not taking it.

Today's announcement may drive GT500 prices down further if the 2016 GT350 is priced at less than the 2014 GT500.

i doubt it will be less. maybe if those two models were released at the same time, but it seems all of them keep inching up year over year so it's hard to tell if it's a function of the manufacturing or the economy. i hope it's not on par with the $75k Z28 or the discontinued SAI GT350's at a whopping $100k average. that would make it very challenging for me to afford.

i doubt it will be less. maybe if those two models were released at the same time, but it seems all of them keep inching up year over year so it's hard to tell if it's a function of the manufacturing or the economy. i hope it's not on par with the $75k Z28 or the discontinued SAI GT350's at a whopping $100k average. that would make it very challenging for me to afford.

The release would lower all of the older car model's values.

Carnut12 (on left) SGT owner and Sideoiler (no owner) on Team Shelby having fun trashing GT500 values:

bully-scut-farkus_zps9b6ed477.jpg

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Show me where I trashed anything. It's a Shelby forum, I visit every part of it.

Secondo tries to get others to focus on Carnut12 and Sideoiler instead of realize how much of a Narcissist he is being.

Good times!!!!

If they charge that much it won't sell. I certainly would cross it off the list. IMO they can't charge more than the GT500, I would think it would start around $50K.

Show me where I trashed anything. It's a Shelby forum, I visit every part of it.

Secondo tries to get others to focus on Carnut12 and Sideoiler instead of realize how much of a Narcissist he is being.

Good times!!!!

no sweat. it's only the posturing that annoys me. facts don't bother me!

If they charge that much it won't sell. I certainly would cross it off the list. IMO they can't charge more than the GT500, I would think it would start around $50K.

agreed. plus, i'm sure shelby american will add a post-title package to milk it for everything they can, which may push that car above my budget. will be interesting to see what they do with it. however, it's very cool that SVT already baked in some uniqueness that can't be easily duplicated by impostors.

agreed. plus, i'm sure shelby american will add a post-title package to milk it for everything they can, which may push that car above my budget. will be interesting to see what they do with it. however, it's very cool that SVT already baked in some uniqueness that can't be easily duplicated by impostors.

Time will tell, it is a very exciting time to be a Car enthusiast!!!

I wish I had a bigger Garage

The '06 Shelby GT-H is an SGT just like the '07-'08's, you're missing my point.

Yeah I've seen your posts, nut. Always got to put in your cheap shots. Feel free to start your own topic of SGT values so we can all post our open minds in it.

What ever man, you are thick. If you consider someone's opinion that may or may not differ than yours a cheap shot so be it. I don't have to start my own topic, but if I did I wouldn't care if someone thought it was worth less than I. I also wouldn't care if they added their opinion if they didn't own a SGT.

By the way Find me one Hertz owner that tells people they own a Shelby GT, I would bet there isn't one out there. They are different cars just like the GT-350, GT-500, GTS, ect.

What ever man, you are thick. If you consider someone's opinion that may or may not differ than yours a cheap shot so be it. I don't have to start my own topic, but if I did I wouldn't care if someone thought it was worth less than I. I also wouldn't care if they added their opinion if they didn't own a SGT.

By the way Find me one Hertz owner that tells people they own a Shelby GT, I would bet there isn't one out there. They are different cars just like the GT-350, GT-500, GTS, ect.

That's easy for you to say, talk is cheap as you have proven.

The SGT-H and SGT are generally the same car, just different colored stripes. Same engine, Ford Racing suspension, built from a Mustang GT, etc. I was using them to talk about their values, not start a discussion about one being a rental and one wasn't. Guess you didn't figure that part out.

That helps too.

Love the stance of your car by the way, I am assuming that is lowered?

yep. thanks. it's the same eibach kit specified for the 40th anniversary package and optional on the early SS package. the OEM SVT setup is kinda silly looking (especially in the rear). it's not unbearable with the OEM 18" rims, but it looks like a Jeep on 20".

Previous '08 GT500 owner. Can't imagine why you would need to know that other than for juvenile judgemental reasons. I do not own a Boeing 777 either but can have legitimate opinions about them.

You certainly may have your opinions without owning one. Are you shopping for one at least? If not, to what do we owe our good fortune for your wise sage and your interest in our cars?

I think most would agree that there will be cars in the future that were produced between 2000 and 2009 that will be sought aftter by collectors and enthusiasts in the future. Do you disagree? I just happen to think Shelbys will be in that grouping. Some more than others but they will be in that group. Past history supports this.

I also believe that KRs are under valued right now. They are special cars and "massively cool" and one of the "most desirable Mustangs of the modern era". Funny how I keep coming back to that. But then again maybe your right what collector or enthusiast would want such a car in the future. Sigh.

Yes, in the short term new better performing models will keep values in check on the out dated models. But most things come around and in years to come nostalgia desires will allow special models from the past to command higher values...especially first year, last year and very limited/rare models. When? Can't say for sure but I'm sure you'll tell me since you are clearly smarter than moi. Lol.

That's easy for you to say, talk is cheap as you have proven.

The SGT-H and SGT are generally the same car, just different colored stripes. Same engine, Ford Racing suspension, built from a Mustang GT, etc. I was using them to talk about their values, not start a discussion about one being a rental and one wasn't. Guess you didn't figure that part out.

What is easy for me to say? What "talk is cheap" have I proven? Your posts don't even make sense. You get so defensive to anyone that has a different opinion than you that you can't even put a logical post together.

And just to clarify you mentioned the SGT was 2006-2008, I corrected you just as an FYI. You then tried to prove me wrong confusing a GT-H with a SGT. You still will not admit you are wrong, instead you now say they are "generally" the same car, just different stripes. They are not the same car, never have been. The SGT was built 2007-2008, the GT-H was 2006, it is not even debatable. The fact you're still arguing that they are proves my entire point about your infallible attitude.

If you're after a CSM# d car and that's why you sold your GT500 then maybe you should be looking at a SGT instead of a KR. Both have a CSM# and the SGT is cheaper than a KR right now. JMO

P.S. - SGT models were produced from December 2006 thru March 2008.

Massively cool and most desirable. I stand by that description, Major fan of the KR here. You seem to be a fan(and an owner) also. I've never met a Mustang guy in person that I didn't like and I'm sure you would be no different. We can agree to disagree on what they are or will be worth.

We can certainly agree to disagree. Time will tell who was right but in the near term I do agree a lot of guys who would buy any GT500 will be waiting for the GT350.

Question now is whether I sell my Boss now for a new GT350? GT350 will likely be made in larger numbers for at least 4 to 5 years. Boss was a true 2 year run in more limited numbers.

Planned on about 10k in further track upgrades for the Boss this winter including 6 point roll bar with side impact protection. Already have about $2000 in suspension upgrades in it. Hmmm, tough one.

SGT-H's were built between '06-'07 overlapping production with the non-rental, retail version SGT in '07-08 and the Barrett-Jackson SGT versions. Same cars.

BTW, topic, current values as of today, NADA Book:

2008 SGT, 15K miles: $26,325

2008 GT500, 15K miles: $32,950

Current eBay prices: ??

Find me one GT-H owner that says they own a SGT or vice versa and I will let you win the senseless argument. :drop: Different Hood, Different Wheels, Different Spoiler, Different colors, also different Model Designations for each car.

You continue to back up every opinion I have written about you. Thank you, you make it very easy to prove my point. :clapping:

I was not aware the GT-H was built in 2007, it turns out the Convertible was brought out then, thank you for clarifying. Look how easy that is............

Archived