TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future value of the GT500

old guy

People who bid on Ebay actually write checks for cars as do dealers who buy them on trade or dump outs. KBB and Blue Books don't. All the luck in the world getting 30 large for an 8 year old Mustang! "There are some seriously clueless people blowing their holes in this thread.

What did you pay for your GT500 ? Sounds like you feel you got screwed. You have a problem understanding what you are reading and we all see that but try to understand that nice low mileage 07's are selling for $30-35000 right now, November 2014. As I said before I am currently in the market and have seen firsthand what these cars are SELLING for ,not just asking prices. Speculating on eBay stats actually is "clueless" . Tell me about yours, if you have a NICE low mileage 07 and you think it is only worth mid 20"s I will buy it, but let me know quickly or I will have to be one of the clueless that spend "over 30 large" on one.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny stuff.

Nobody has been lining up at dealerships to buy recent Mustangs, and they're certainly not as popular as they were in '66.

Too many competitors these days.

If you want a GT500, just buy it. Don't be overly concerned about future value. Pick one that's in the condition or price range you're willing to pay, then enjoy. If you do your homework, you may find one in perfect shape and at the lowest price, but it'll probably take you a little longer. Condition is more important than price to me, and always will be. You may not care, and plan to beat the car anyway. In which case, future value shouldn't matter; just get a cheap one.

In either case, don't count on it being worth much more than any other similar car in the future. Too many choices out there right now.

Dear sideoiler, feel free to join the FleaBay forums if there is one where you can discuss completed Mustang online sales auctions. Here, you are insulting real Shelby owners in our own house. You can then complain how we sell our high-performance Shelby Mustangs for higher than they sell on FleaBay.

Looks to me like '07 GT500 prices aren't all that low...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_from=R40|R40&_nkw=2007+gt500&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=6001&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Average is still well over $30K on these sold listings of mostly '07 cars. Ebay prices will be pretty consistent with what they are actually selling for, in my experience. Yes, you can find cheaper and more expensive ones out there, but Ebay's sold listings are pretty close to what you're likely to pay. I think that they seem to be holding value OK; pretty similar to other '07 performance cars that were in the same price range when new. I think that in the longer run, another 5-10 years from now, the '07-'14 GT500s will retain a slightly higher resale value than most other performance cars their age, that sold for similar $ when new. Mustangs remain popular; the top models more so.

I love when fact links enter the discussion. It would be quite hard to turn those "Green/Sold" GT500's in your link above to "Red" in the eBay system and claim them as "unsold".

There are many in that link above $30K, some well above. Now we would have to examine the sold cars individually to gather miles, color, option and mod information for a closer comparison as to why some sold below $30K............

Thank you for the "real world" link from eBay completed auctions, it is hard to argue with "Green/Sold" auction sales from the worldwide eBay bidding audience.

R

:lurk:

And I missed the good stuff that Kevin deleted! :rant:

Just for you Peter -

I'll send you a copy for the discounted price of $14.95 + tax and shipping !!!!!

But wait there's more - I'll throw in an additional copy of the foul language and personal attacks from the NTT posts of people coming on this forum and making personal attacks on our Team Shelby Canadian brothers too. But, you'll have to act now on this limited offer since we're locking down threads left and right and they will go into the vault for who knows how long!!!!

Don't delay - do it today

Looks to me like '07 GT500 prices aren't all that low...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_from=R40|R40&_nkw=2007+gt500&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=6001&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Average is still well over $30K on these sold listings of mostly '07 cars. Ebay prices will be pretty consistent with what they are actually selling for, in my experience. Yes, you can find cheaper and more expensive ones out there, but Ebay's sold listings are pretty close to what you're likely to pay. I think that they seem to be holding value OK; pretty similar to other '07 performance cars that were in the same price range when new. I think that in the longer run, another 5-10 years from now, the '07-'14 GT500s will retain a slightly higher resale value than most other performance cars their age, that sold for similar $ when new. Mustangs remain popular; the top models more so.

But our troll can't let these facts get in the way of his "expertise" on the subject. :lol:

Future value is 100% dependent on what the market will bear at that future point in time. THAT is the end of the story. Everything else is speculation. :gaah:

Just for you Peter -

I'll send you a copy for the discounted price of $14.95 + tax and shipping !!!!!

But wait there's more - I'll throw in an additional copy of the foul language and personal attacks from the NTT posts of people coming on this forum and making personal attacks on our Team Shelby Canadian brothers too. But, you'll have to act now on this limited offer since we're locking down threads left and right and they will go into the vault for who knows how long!!!!

Being a Moderator is fun........... NOT! :doh:

Just for you Peter -

:hysterical2: :hysterical2:

:hysterical2: :hysterical2:

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

Thank you Kevin... :rockon:

But our troll can't let these facts get in the way of his "expertise" on the subject. :lol:

The interesting post that I read was #39, sideoiler said............."My first GT500 was an '08 purchased new from a dealer for $39000 near invoice and a $3000 rebate that was in effect at that time. Sold that car approx. 20 months later (2011) for $34000."

^^^^Ok, so your sale is "the market value" for these cars then and now?? There are numerous possibilities in 2011........the new alum. block had just come out and it was "the hot thing" OR the color, options and miles (and possible mods) on his car were not what someone was looking for when he was selling his car?? He was in a hurry to sell?? Traded to a dealer??

He also said he bought in '08 "new from a dealer for $39000 near invoice".............<<<This also raises a question in my mind? I also bought new from a dealer in 2008 and my MSRP was $45K+, I did not want NAV and that would have pushed the MSRP on a fully optioned 2008 to around $46K+. If I remember correctly NAV was a $2K option, but it deleted the Shaker 1000 option, it was either NAV or S1000, but not both.

So if he paid around $39K+ MSRP for a new 2008 it was not as well optioned as some/many buyers may have been looking for, and that is the case even today.............<<This makes a huge resale difference also.

R

I will say one thing, the New Stang is getting WAY to pricey, the latest test had an MSRP of $47K and it was not even a Vert. To me a Stang GT over $40K is crazy.

That can only help resale, I would take a used GT500 over a New GT all day long.

I dug out (finally found) my original 2008 GT500 Coupe window sticker, my car fully optioned with Shaker 1000 option instead of NAV was $46.925. If sideoiler bought a new 2008 GT500 with an MSRP/sticker price of $39K or so, it had $6 less worth of options and that DOES make a difference at sale time.............If fact it can make the difference between someone buying and walking away...............so no, his thoughts of his sale being what the market is, or was at that time is not the across the board values back then, or now.

If my Coupe would have had the NAV option instead of S1000, it would have been over $47K, if it were a Convert. instead of a Coupe, I'm sure it would have been past $48K.

The new GT for $47K..........ouch!!

R

That's a high number I'm reading from you guys; just curious where it came from? I posted a picture of a 2015 GT at my local dealership, granted I do not know what options it had I do know they were asking $36,300 for it and said next May they would be offering a $3000 rebate on that price (and I can add A plan onto that....makes you stop and think :whistling: ).

I'm just curious because maybe the one I saw didn't have too many options? $47,000 just sounds waaaaaaay too high, and I mean like "wow how can they charge that" was $8k ago for that price.

It seems the 07's are the only ones expected to hold or raise in value?

Don't come down too hard on the guy, he's just giving an alternate argument...

No. The example of '07s from eBay's sold listings are likely to be the least costly of the '07-'14 GT500s. I would expect to pay a couple % more for each newer model year 'till the '13-'14 cars. Those, I think will retain an even higher resale than the previous years. 662 HP is still a pretty fantastic HP figure for an affordable, stock Mustang.

I double checked, it was from the latest Motor Trend, it wasn't $47K, but it was $46,380. Car and Driver reviewed it also and it was $45,885 in that test.

Am I the only one that finds that high? It looks like a Vert can hit $50K plus.

For a well optioned 2008 Coupe, that is where they were, high $46K and into the $47K range MSRP with NAV and then the Verts even higher. <<Many well optioned/good color cars also had a % adjusted market premium attached to the MSRP as we all remember, so some 2008 GT500 Coupes cost a buyer $50K or so and that was not out of the norm. back then. If I remember correctly a 2003/2004 Cobra base price was in the $35-36K range and went to $38-$39K well optioned. I believe I saw $43K on a Mystichrome Convert. in a showroom.

For those who waited, some of those "add-on" $$$ dropped off at the end of the year, and then some dealers sat on old stock GT500's for a long time because of their insistance on MSRP+. And sometimes the cars sat at the dealerships because they were not highly optioned enough for the buyer who had looked at them.

R

I don't recall the exact sticker price of my '08 but I believe it was around the 45 mark. Near invoice pricing couple to the the 3K rebate that was offered at the time I bought brought the final sales price to 39K not including sales tax, plates and few other incidentals. I know what I paid for the car and don't need anyone to tell me otherwise. the car really wasn't anything special in stock form and wasn't worth any more than 40 in my opinion. the '13/'14s are another matter entirely.

^^^^You did well on your new 2008 purchase price in comparison to many in that time period. The hype was still there from 2007, and then when the 2009 was announced as the last for that bodystyle the hype continued on and the prices stayed up.

R

You are very good at exaggeration. Your perception is very different of reality. There were still ADM's through 2008 because everyone wanted one, even the Mopar and Chevy boys and there was no competition. There was never an 0% option, even on Mustang GT's. Feel free to buy a cheap one on ebay. If you want a real, low mileage, taken care of Shelby, you'll find one here at an appropriate price.

You either have a poor memory or are just ignorant of the pricing history here. There WAS in fact 0% financing on 2007 GT500s regardless of whether "Secondo" believes so or not. Why don't you Google the subject before you confuse the issue for others with your nonsense.

:nonono: This is just.....pathetic. Please tell me we can all collectively agree to let this post die because this is - unbelievable. There are annoying relatives even in the Shelby family. I mean I don't even own a Shelby yet and I can say I have been a better human being to the Shelby community than this fool.

Just stop dude. Seriously. Its sad.

Just because you've read or seen it on the internet doesn't mean it is true. Not sure what you are furiously trying to prove. Look up the past "GT500 Arrival" threads, people were lucky to get one close to MSRP back then, never mind at 0%. That is fact. Whatever you choose to believe, that's your prerogative.

I got 0% on my 2007, but it is a Shelby GT, not a GT500. They were offering $3K rebates as well at the time, this was December 2007.

I don't recall GT500's going down that road until late 2008.

That said this really has little to do with what they are worth today. Those that paid under MSRP have what I would consider strong resale, those that paid the ridiculous ADM's not so much.

I link you to a reputable automotive publication that clearly confirms the FACT that there was 0% financing offered on 2007 Shelby GT500s and you blindly refuse to accept fact. Are you really that dumb? Holy crap Dude put down the crack pipe and get yourself a cup of coffee.

you need to hit the pipe dude,the one out of here

Sideoiler, this isn't YouTube comments section, this is a Shelby forum and you're obviously attempting to trash GT500's and their values. It is obvious have an issue with GT500's. Not everything you see or read on the internet is true. Like I said, most if us here have lived through it and will tell you the truth. I've been patient with your comments up until now, one more time I will report you.

I'm not sure why the GT500's seem to bring out jealousy or disdain in people. I've been out to ice cream or a car show with my wife and people will actually come up to me and say my car isnt real or that it was never worth anything to begin with, their Toyota is better, etc, people's reactions to the car amaze me. This is no different. I'm guessing that by your username "Sideoiler" you are a fan of the older cars but deep inside you are completely jealous that the new generation Shelby's are exponentially better than the old cars.

The fact is Ford made enough of them to satisfy demand and they were not left over or given away. We've all watched prices from the beginning. If you want a cheap one, keep an eye on ebay, maybe one will come up for you at the price you want to pay.

...This is reality and the way it went down. Ford farted out 11,000 copies for the '07 model year and obviously found the need to clear the deck with an incentive as the '08s were incoming. No big deal at all, just the way it was and nothing for anyone to lose their composure over as someone in particular here obviously has.

I remember it being that way towards the end of '08 when I bought my Bullitt, and the end of '09 when I bought my KR. The cars were just sitting on lots as nobody was buying Mustangs then (or other cars)... '07-'10, people just weren't spending their $. While I've read and heard of the hype on the first '07 GT500s (and first KRs), I think it was mainly created by dealers to boost sales, more than it was reality. If there was any shortage, it was 'cause dealers weren't ordering; they didn't want them sitting unsold.

There are always those early adopters who need to be the first on their block to have that new whatever, and those guys are willing to pay for that privilege. Car dealers love those guys. :)

When I bought the KR (@ about $8K under MSRP), long-time dealer salespeople were telling me that sales were slower than they ever knew.

Archived