TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt Weight

I had some free time, so I put my SGT on my scales to see just what it weighs, and check the cross weights. My car has coil overs, and the ride height is 4.50" in the front, and 4.75 in the rear. This was measured 12" in on the bottom of the Rocker Panel, Front and Rear. Tires are BFG 235/50/18, set at 32#. I will list the actual weight at all 4 corners, and the Ideal weight of each corner weight, which is Example(% on Front Tires x total weight on both right tires diveded by 100.) which is done for all 4 tires. If the Ideal weight is greater than 10#, adjust the weight distribution. The Ideal weight should always add up to the total weight of the car.

15 GALS GAS

Total Weight With no Driver=3506

Total weight With Driver =3707

Scaled with driver

Left Front Weight=#1021

Left Front Ideal Weight=#1024

Right Front Weight=978

Right Front Ideal Weight=#975

Left Rear Weight=#878

Left Rear Ideal Weight=#875

Right Rear Weight=#830

Right Rear Ideal Weight=#833

Cross Weight/Left Rear To Right Front=1856=50.0%

Left Side/Left Rear to left Front=1899=51.0%

Left Front+Right Front=1999=53.0%

Total Front%=53.92

Total Rear%=46.07

This is a Fairly Good set up for being Stock, But if I was Going to Race it, all these #'s would Change. I would change to a Mono tube, Double Adjustable shock, Stiffer Springs, Wider tires, Different Camber Caster, Set Bump Steer From bump/Droop Within .015. Then Rescale Again.

Frank

The curb weight of Mustang GT's that I see published most often is 3495 lbs., and your data appears to confirm that. The SGT probably weighs a little more due to the heavier duty / additional suspension parts. Looks like a fairly well balanced car. Thanks for the info.

The curb weight of Mustang GT's that I see published most often is 3495 lbs., and your data appears to confirm that. The SGT probably weighs a little more due to the heavier duty / additional suspension parts. Looks like a fairly well balanced car. Thanks for the info.

+1

Thanks for the detailed info.

I WEIGHED MINE ABOUT A MONTH AGO AT A LOCAL TRUCK STOP AND MINED

WAS 3420 LBS. WITH A QUARTER TANK OF 93 OCTANE AND NO DRIVER.

OBVIOUSLY GRABBER ORANGE GT-C/SC ARE THE LIGHTEST AND FASTEST

COLOR. :hysterical:

:shift: AND GO !!!

SCOTTY

I ran mine down to empty, drained all the oil out, removed the wheels and battery, took off the hood scoop and dash plaque and came in less than the Grabber Orange car :)

You forgot the trunk lettering? Sheesh, what a newb. ;)

Archived