TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Local in Southern CA Interested in a cruise on Tuesday

vapor08GT500

Just seeing who would be up to a cruise from my shop in Palm Springs to Idyllwild on tuesday evening. I have couple local customers and a pair from out of town that are leaving on Wed, so I figured we could do a cruise tuesday night. It will be informal, meet at the shop, talk for a bit, then head from Palm Springs to Idyllwild (about 50 minute drive up HWY 243). Idyllwild is a beautiful drive through the mountains and is a 5500 ft elevation with great twisty roads on the way up and great views and photo-ops with our cars. There is a great restaurant up there called the Gastranome that has been there for 35+ years and is one of the best places in the area to eat. After dinner, we will go down HWY 74 and see the lights. Let me know if you are interested..

Alex

Just seeing who would be up to a cruise from my shop in Palm Springs to Idyllwild on tuesday evening. I have couple local customers and a pair from out of town that are leaving on Wed, so I figured we could do a cruise tuesday night. It will be informal, meet at the shop, talk for a bit, then head from Palm Springs to Idyllwild (about 50 minute drive up HWY 243). Idyllwild is a beautiful drive through the mountains and is a 5500 ft elevation with great twisty roads on the way up and great views and photo-ops with our cars. There is a great restaurant up there called the Gastranome that has been there for 35+ years and is one of the best places in the area to eat. After dinner, we will go down HWY 74 and see the lights. Let me know if you are interested..

Alex

That's an awesome road to drive. A couple of years ago I made the trip up and down a couple of times in my BMW 335i. Went up on a Friday night and only had one car to pass all the way to the top. My Dad lives in the small town of Anza on hwy 371. I wish I could make it. Have fun! :shift:

Archived