TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Different wheels for the 2010

i personally dont like the wheels offered on the 2010 gt500, the design is cool and all, but not a fan of dark wheels, in my book, muscle cars need chrome or polish wheels.

2769_4.JPG

i saw what alcoas look on the 2010,

does anyone have pics or could photoshop a pic of the car in Chrome Razors?

The convertibles have 18" bright machined aluminum. If you ever buy a 2010, look me up I will buy the rims from you. :drool:

Thanks for posting that photo.

Sorry, I meant the Alcoa's in 18". I'll keep you in mind, but I'm holding out for a 2011.

Amazing! I think the wheels are one of the best things on the 2010.

I too don't care for the 2010 wheels, yes it seems I am swimming upstream against public opinion. I do admit that I like the style, but the dark color looks like my 08 stock rims when I don't clean the brake dust!

I too don't care for the 2010 wheels, yes it seems I am swimming upstream against public opinion. I do admit that I like the style, but the dark color looks like my 08 stock rims when I don't clean the brake dust!

Maybe it won't show the brake dust as bad??? :headscratch:

Cobra010

I was also thinking of getting different wheels/tires on the Shelby, mostly for more grip to try and harness the power. Any sizes that you guys recommed or do you think that 20's would be big enough?

More grip how? Under what conditions?

Cobra010

More grip how? Under what conditions?

Cobra010

Just been hearing and reading that the stock tires do not hook up well under acceleration with all that power. Even some videos that I have seen shwo the shelby having a hard time hooking up. Maybe just different tires instead of wheels and tires. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to this type of stuff.

Just been hearing and reading that the stock tires do not hook up well under acceleration with all that power. Even some videos that I have seen shwo the shelby having a hard time hooking up. Maybe just different tires instead of wheels and tires. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to this type of stuff.

Well if you are going from a dead stop and rev it up and pop the clutch and stay in it I don't think it matters what tires you get they will all go up in smoke. Drive the car relatively normal use your traction control and I don't think you will have any problem. I never had problems with my 2009, but I have always believed in getting a rolling start and then get into it. If I ran at the dragstrip I would get a lower gear and some slicks.

JMHO>

Cobra010

Traction is the real enemy with these cars. The only reason these cars are not running low 12s in all the rags. :baby:

Archived