TEAM SHELBY FORUM

aftermarket crank pulley/damper

Now that I need to uninstall my relatively new Steeda underdrive pulleys, to make way for the Paxton install, I'm trying to find info on aftermarket, OEM size dampers.

The only one I've found is this ATI damper from Summit, but under 'application' it says 2005 Mustang only. :headscratch:

Any info on whether this works for all S197's (not sure why it wouldn't)? Or does anyone know of any other reputable brand and/or where to find them?

Ken

ati-918039_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATI-918039/?image=large

Ken

+1 .....same as thing as they said

Innovators West is the bomb !

web.jpg

I got mine from Lethal, even though you can buy direct, I like to support Jared.

Take Care

Andrew

Looks great! I'll definitely look into this on Monday. Did you go with an OEM size or an OD pulley?

Ken

Went with OEM size (not sure why I did)

It is a thing of beauty...especially compared to the rusty stock one.

Take care,

Andrew

I'm thinking of doing the same, but I just wanted to double check. 6 rib or 8 rib??

It ought to match my Steeda billet idler pulleys very nicely! :happy feet:

Ken

I'm thinking of doing the same, but I just wanted to double check. 6 rib or 8 rib??

It ought to match my Steeda billet idler pulleys very nicely! :happy feet:

Ken

I got the 6 rib but if I were to do it again I would have gotten the 8 rib to keep my options open .

Andrew

I got the 6 rib but if I were to do it again I would have gotten the 8 rib to keep my options open .

Andrew

Yeah that's probably a good call. Although it's already a really tight job as it is. Those extra ribs aren't gonna make it any easier! ;)

Ken

I sent Jared an email about the OEM vs. 10% OD pulley. Sounds like a great option for guys needing some more power. But I think I'll stick to the standard size this go around.

Here's what he had to say.

"All of Innovators West's products are top notch. The only difference between the standard size balancer and the 10% one is that the 10% will increase your blower rpm's which in turn will make more boost. I'm not sure how much boost you're making right now but you'll probably see a 2-3psi increase with the 10% balancer. I highly suggest getting your tuner to make the necessary changes to your tune to to compensate for the additional/boost and power. You should see anywhere from a 20-35hp gain with the additional boost.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared"

Archived