TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daytona December 4th-6th Rolex 24 Hour Course

Revan Racing

If you have ever wanted to drive your own car around the high banks at Daytona now is your opportunity. I went last year with the Audi Club of Ohio. Thus far JAS427 and I have signed up. Both of us will be instructing again this year.

You can register for the event through www.clubregistration.net

It is not cheap by any stretch but taking your car on the high banks of Daytona can be a once in a lifetime opportunity for many. Getting to do it for 3 straight days is an amazing experience. Yes, you do get to hit NASCAR turn 1, 2, 3 and 4. I can post up some video if you have not seen it before.

Audi Club does a top notch program with events each evening.

It fills up fairly quick because it is such an awesome event. You can bring a bone stock GT500 to the highly modified. You will go through a very comprehensive tech inspection.

All that is required is long pants and a Snell Rated Helmet for use in Automobile Racing. No M Rated helmets which are motorcycle helmets.

Your brake fluid should be flushed with high temp fluid prior to the event and you should also consider some quality brake pads. Make sure you have plenty of tread on your tires. FYI. I had to have rotors overnighted to me because I had cooked them in the first day and cracked the right rear all the way through. The right rear takes the majority of abuse on the high banks.

You can run street tires however they do a tire inspection prior to every on track session to insure your safety and that of your fellow drivers.

Pit stalls are also available for the weekend which I highly recommend. You can leave your car and your tools overnight as they provide security as well.

Since the event is in December many times you will see Koni Challenge and even Rolex cars and drivers there doing testing and tuning prior to the 24 Hour Rolex Race.

Also, you are welcome to invite friends and family to come and watch as there is no charge to get in watch the event. If someone wants to go for a ride they will need a helmet and they have to pay a small fee. Last year is was $40.00 per day. Bare in mind you can only take passengers if you have been signed off solo.

Cheers.

VC

Another angle:

• 2 weeks later...
Damn that sounds like fun, this will be the 4th year for me displaying at PRI, so I'm usually pretty tied up with that, and holden will be about 4wks old too, so I think i'm going to have to miss this one.

Congrats on the new addition. There will be other opportunities for sure. Family comes first.

• 1 month later...

For anybody interested the entry form is attached at the bottom of the page.

If you have ever wanted to drive your own car around the high banks at Daytona now is your opportunity. I went last year with the Audi Club of Ohio. Thus far JAS427 and I have signed up. Both of us will be instructing again this year.

It is not cheap by any stretch but taking your car on the high banks of Daytona can be a once in a lifetime opportunity for many. Getting to do it for 3 straight days is an amazing experience. Yes, you do get to hit NASCAR turn 1, 2, 3 and 4. I can post up some video if you have not seen it before.

It fills up fairly quick because it is such an awesome event. You can bring a bone stock GT500 to the highly modified. You will go through a very comprehensive tech inspection.

All that is required is long pants and a Snell Rated Helmet for use in Automobile Racing. No M Rated helmets which are motorcycle helmets.

Your brake fluid should be flushed with high temp fluid prior to the event and you should also consider some quality brake pads. Make sure you have plenty of tread on your tires. FYI. I had to have rotors overnighted to me because I had cooked them in the first day and cracked the right rear all the way through. The right rear takes the majority of abuse on the high banks.

You can run street tires however they do a tire inspection prior to every on track session to insure your safety and that of your fellow drivers.

Pit stalls are also available for the weekend which I highly recommend. You can leave your car and your tools overnight as they provide security as well.

Since the event is in December many times you will see Koni Challenge and even Rolex cars and drivers there doing testing and tuning prior to the 24 Hour Rolex Race.

Also, you are welcome to invite friends and family to come and watch as there is no charge to get in watch the event. If someone wants to go for a ride they will need a helmet and they have to pay a small fee. Last year is was $40.00 per day. Bare in mind you can only take passengers if you have been signed off solo.

Cheers.

VC

Another angle:

2009_daytona_application_form.pdf

Sound like a cool event, may have to see about going down to watch.

It's free to get in and watch. If you want to go for a ride and I or another partipant agree to take you out you have to pay $40 (that's what it was last year) and you can go out for a full session.

Long pants, closed toe shoes and a helmet required, of course.

• 1 month later...
Anybody sign up yet,I havent yet but plan to,I have spent a bunch prepping the car for this so waiting to catch up on funds.This will be a lifetime experiance for sure!

Get signed up as soon as possible. We need to help the club get their attendance figured out.

If anybody has any questions about running at Daytona please do not hesitate to PM me or shoot me an email.

Van

• 5 weeks later...
Get signed up as soon as possible. We need to help the club get their attendance figured out.

If anybody has any questions about running at Daytona please do not hesitate to PM me or shoot me an email.

Van

FYI. www.hookedondriving.com is also sponsoring this event. Even if you want just a couple of track days come on out.

I am also giving Griggs Racing Suspension Demonstration Rides at Daytona.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers.

VC

Another angle:

I just want to say thanks to van and john from revan racing. These guys are the best,very professional.seems like every body was having a problem with their car.John was my instructor,now I know what it means to hit the gator,and I thought it meant something else :burnout: I hope everone got their cars straightend out.My car was just plugs.Got my 700+back.John , how about the :censored: cobra with the death wish. Again anyone having a chance to train with these guys at these track events should jump at it. :shift:

Archived