TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Production Run

No it is not typical of all cars. This is a totally new model and as such several bugs were found and each time they found one it seemed they stopped shipping, plus holidays and vacations (union). That said the system to keep customers informed is one of the poorest imaginable IMHO!

Blessings,

Cobra010

Thanks Cobra010. I understand that there may be some "hiccups" with the first run of the car..but I thought that things would start to flow freely now. sigh...

I just hope my car isn't delivered by a fat man with a beard in a red suit driving a team of reindeer - if you know what I mean! :P Do they make snow tires for the GT500? :lol:

I can tell you that there are very few people out there right now who want to spend $50,000 on a Mustang. You always get the initial rush of people wanting one right away that creates the false impression of huge demand but once these folks get their cars the demand will drop off steeply and in a hurry. 11% unemployment before year end, taxes are going up all over the place and real estate values are still going down. 401s have been trashed..I don't think I need to go on you get the picture.

Bottom line is that the Dealer cars are starting to come in in quantity, all you have to do is look at Ebay, and they are not selling. Some Dealers are flush with excitement about the new model and think they have another free meal ticket. That is why some of them are acting so arrogantly about the service and pricing. All of that will be changing shortly and there will be a lot of GT500s to choose from. I have heard every story imaginable from dealers talking about production cuts, that the 2010 will cease production mid year, that the 2011 will not be built and on and on and on.

I would take anything a Dealer tells you with a grain of salt because #1 The really bad ones will lie (that has been proven). #2 Most don't really know what the heck is going on and the salesmen know even less.

The Dealers will communicate anything they can to create an urgency to buy at top price. If everyone just stays calm pretty soon you will be able to buy any GT500 you want at a rock bottom price.

You the buyer are in the drivers seat and are in control. If my order gets screwed up and I don't get a Vin # by the date I think I should then I will start shopping Dealer lots with cash in hand like I did on my 2009. As always you will find dealers who will sit on their new GT500s till Hell freezes over and that is their perogative.

Just remember, there are hardly any buyers for these cars right now. Most can't afford them and most people don't even want a car that is totally useless for most everything, gets horrible gas mileage and is expensive to insure.

Trust me you as a buyer for these cars are indeed a very rare person right now just some of the Dealers have not figured it out yet but they will.

Hang tough, don't overpay and know that the cars are coming and you will have very little competition to buy one soon. :yahoo:

This concludes my motivational speech for this week.

PS: I forgot to add, if you think the market has not collapsed on these cars just ask the guys that are trying to sell their used ones, it is a disaster. The Dealers won't even take them on trade most of the time.

Steve

Given the current state of the economy I wouldn't be surprised if Ford just built a 2010 and skipped the 2011 model year letting dealers sell off existing stock. Much like Mitsu did with the new Evo.

My dealer received their 2010 Shelby yesterday, I had to take it for a spin. These cars are awesome. Grabber Blue Coupe w/ White stripes, HID, Shaker 1000. It's sitting on the lot, no waiting !

My dealer received their 2010 Shelby yesterday, I had to take it for a spin. These cars are awesome. Grabber Blue Coupe w/ White stripes, HID, Shaker 1000. It's sitting on the lot, no waiting !

How is the shifting effort? and any wheel hop you have noticed?

Given the current state of the economy I wouldn't be surprised if Ford just built a 2010 and skipped the 2011 model year letting dealers sell off existing stock. Much like Mitsu did with the new Evo.

I agree, i will add am not sure how long ford will survive the loans from the European banks that they bent over to get while they were arrogantly saying to the public that we are ok we do not need bail out. The muscle car era with mega HP gas guzzling engines is over, we do not want to see that happening, we do not want to hear it but it is there, and now please allow me to introduce the new era of the 2000$ TATA.

I agree, i will add am not sure how long ford will survive the loans from the European banks that they bent over to get while they were arrogantly saying to the public that we are ok we do not need bail out. The muscle car era with mega HP gas guzzling engines is over, we do not want to see that happening, we do not want to hear it but it is there, and now please allow me to introduce the new era of the 2000$ TATA.

i agree and disagree..gas prices are expected to be near $2 in most areas within 3 months or less...the summer driving season peaked 2 weeks before 4th of july which is somewhat early and its been all downhill since...the big worry in washington is at this time if they force GM/Dodge to load up on so called green cars they will have no market at $2 gal gas...it has already been proposed to jack up the tax on gas so there are buyers of green cars (think $5 gal gas with add on tax)..not saying your wrong about the muscle car era..but right now it looks to be cheap gas for some time..personally i do not believe ford will skip 2011 model year and you should wait to purchase..new PT's are right around the corner and will lay waste to the current crop of PT's (think twin turbo)...myself and i suspect many others are waiting for the new PT's...hence who wants a new 2010 when the new stuff looks so much better

i agree and disagree..gas prices are expected to be near $2 in most areas within 3 months or less...the summer driving season peaked 2 weeks before 4th of july which is somewhat early and its been all downhill since...the big worry in washington is at this time if they force GM/Dodge to load up on so called green cars they will have no market at $2 gal gas...it has already been proposed to jack up the tax on gas so there are buyers of green cars (think $5 gal gas with add on tax)..not saying your wrong about the muscle car era..but right now it looks to be cheap gas for some time..personally i do not believe ford will skip 2011 model year and you should wait to purchase..new PT's are right around the corner and will lay waste to the current crop of PT's (think twin turbo)...myself and i suspect many others are waiting for the new PT's...hence who wants a new 2010 when the new stuff looks so much better

I was thinking the same thing about holding off until the 2011 arrives with the alluminum block most likely. But, I mean where does it end though? When the time comes to order a 2011 then information will be out on the 2012 model which will most likely inlcude the next engine in the gt500's line-up, a supercharged 5.0. Then i could see another big change coming in 2014. So, yeah you could say wait for the 2011's but then when that times rolls around you could say wait for the 2012's and then wait for the 2014's and it could just go on and on. I'm going to get a 2010 and then probably a 2012 if they come out with the new engine.

Isn't going to happen, the 2011 will get an aluminum block 5.4 with more than likely a HP increase. Car can had for invoice right now as many have gotten this deal. I would say 7,000 GT500's at least for 2010.

You mean to tell me the dealer let you test drive a new 500 without negotiating a deal? Never happen anywhere around here and shouldn't in my opinion. I don't want anyone who absolutely doesn't have to drive my car to set foot in it. Too many inexperienced lead footed dreamers wanting to tell their war story about how they smoked the tires on a new Shelby that someone else is paying for. JMHO.

Cobra010

You mean to tell me the dealer let you test drive a new 500 without negotiating a deal? Never happen anywhere around here and shouldn't in my opinion. I don't want anyone who absolutely doesn't have to drive my car to set foot in it. Too many inexperienced lead footed dreamers wanting to tell their war story about how they smoked the tires on a new Shelby that someone else is paying for. JMHO.

Cobra010

Yes, he did. I did not ask to drive it, he offered. I did not drive it far (less than 3 miles) nor hard (didn't even think of doing so either). I gave her all the respect she deserved, and he did ride with me. I've been speaking with him for more than a year now. Did not get an 08 or 09 becasue the timing was just not right for me and the family. Had planned on ordering a 2010 from him. Then the economy, the wife got layed off...so I had to put the Shelby plans on hold. Another TS member took my allocation and orded his 2010 through this dealer. I will be ordering a 2011 from him. He's a super nice guy and has a great dealership. However, he would NOT let anyone else drive it without a deal in place.

Yes, he did. I did not ask to drive it, he offered. I did not drive it far (less than 3 miles) nor hard (didn't even think of doing so either). I gave her all the respect she deserved, and he did ride with me. I've been speaking with him for more than a year now. Did not get an 08 or 09 becasue the timing was just not right for me and the family. Had planned on ordering a 2010 from him. Then the economy, the wife got layed off...so I had to put the Shelby plans on hold. Another TS member took my allocation and orded his 2010 through this dealer. I will be ordering a 2011 from him. He's a super nice guy and has a great dealership. However, he would NOT let anyone else drive it without a deal in place.

Ok, Cool! Well you know not now so much but in the past we have had people come and buy one and load it on a trailer and store it and they didn't even want 5 miles on it. But thanks for showing her the respect she deserves hope you enjoyed the ride.

Blessings,

Cobra010

How is the shifting effort? and any wheel hop you have noticed?

The shifting effort was very easy. The shift ball is very cool and very comfortable. The throw was a lot shorter than I expected. Going through the gears is very short and requires little effort. Very smooth. Since I was not buying the car, I did not get on it at all. Didn't even think of doing so. So I can't answer the wheel hop question, sorry.

Archived