TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Production Run

Does anyone have any confirmed accurate data on the projected production run of the 2010 GT500. I was told by a Ford Dealer Sales Manager that Ford was ramping up production and that the total built would exceed the 2009 by a "good margin", what that means is anyones guess.

The initial rumor on forums that they were only building them when ordered by customers was totaly false and they are building large numbers for Dealer inventory plus special orders. Ebay is really starting to fill up with them.

There is also a huge disparity between Dealers as to how many they are getting. Some are getting a dozen or more (according to the Sales Manager) and others only two or three. The allocations do not appear to match up with those from last year in some areas of the Country. Was this decision based on economic data such as Unemploymet Etc.

Thanks

Steve

In Connecticut it's rained 24 of the last 29 days. I think that becuase of global warming both my weather and Ford's decision making process is wild and unpredictable.

:lurk::lurk::shrug::shrug:

Roger that!! They may not even know how many they are building. One thing is for sure it will be interesting to sit back and watch it unfold with everything else going on in the automotive industry.

Steve

Does anyone have any confirmed accurate data on the projected production run of the 2010 GT500. I was told by a Ford Dealer Sales Manager that Ford was ramping up production and that the total built would exceed the 2009 by a "good margin", what that means is anyones guess.

The initial rumor on forums that they were only building them when ordered by customers was totaly false and they are building large numbers for Dealer inventory plus special orders. Ebay is really starting to fill up with them.

There is also a huge disparity between Dealers as to how many they are getting. Some are getting a dozen or more (according to the Sales Manager) and others only two or three. The allocations do not appear to match up with those from last year in some areas of the Country. Was this decision based on economic data such as Unemploymet Etc.

Thanks

Steve

Ames, Iowa dealer originally said they were getting two - convt and coupe - I ordered the convt and picked it up two weeks ago. Asked them if they were still getting the coupe or another shelby and they said not unless someone orders it.

Another Iowa dealer (originally wanted over msrp) was only getting one.

I called my dealer this morning to speak to the sales manager after asking the status of my 4/23 order, but was put on hold to have the person who answered come back to me saying "<he> said that until the HID issue is resolved your car is waiting to be built." I recoursed with, "Then how come I can go to 3 dealers within 12 miles of my home and buy one off the lot?". "Oh....well, you'll have to talk to <name> on Monday."

I sure will!!!!

Just get on the f*cking computer and do something with your fat a**. It's not like you have customers in your showroom at 9am. Every other dealer has the access and power to do so with paper output right from dealerconnection or whatever the VVS system is! I'm going to get my deposit back and go elsewhere or ask them to get a car from another dealer in a swap, or however they work those transactions out.

Interesting info,

Well , went to my dealer here in CO yesterday, the GT with the build date of 3/27 still has not been delivered. Ours we ordered in April with the rep stating it has a june build date as of yesterday has not even been scheduled. I wish someone from Shelby or Ford would check this forum occasionally and anser some questions for folks.

Only dealers that paid the $2k enrollment fee for the 2010 and 2011 Shelby's can receive allocations. I'd ask the dealer about whether or not they paid the fee. If they look puzzled or do not answer, my guess would be that they did not pay it and therefore cannot order them. I've built a very good relationship with my dealer and I trust him completely. He received 5 07 allocations, 3 08's (plus a KR) and 3 09's and he sells A LOT of Mustangs (he's a Roush dealer to). To date he's received only 2 allocations for 2010's. 1 Grabber Blue coupe w/ white stripes, Shaker 1000, no-hid which is going into stock (as of now) and sold the other allocation to a TS member. I've talked to 3 other dealers within 10 miles of me and all three have each received 1 allocation to date. I'd be very skeptical if any dealer (other than MM) says they're getting more than 2. If you've ordered one, ask for the DORA report. If they cannot produce that report then that basically means the Ford has not acknowledged the order. Once you receive the DORA, it should not be too long after that you should get the VIN (you'll have to get that from the dealer though). From there you can track the build yourself on Ford sites or by calling Ford (see other posts for numbers, etc.). Is what's interesting, my dealer ordered the Grabber Blue coupe last December, but he's not due to receive it until July 10. I know of other TS members that ordered March or early April and have received their cars already. So if the dealer says he's ordered you one, make sure he has it entered as a Customer order and not a Stock order.

Only dealers that paid the $2k enrollment fee for the 2010 and 2011 Shelby's can receive allocations. I'd ask the dealer about whether or not they paid the fee. If they look puzzled or do not answer, my guess would be that they did not pay it and therefore cannot order them. I've built a very good relationship with my dealer and I trust him completely. He received 5 07 allocations, 3 08's (plus a KR) and 3 09's and he sells A LOT of Mustangs (he's a Roush dealer to). To date he's received only 2 allocations for 2010's. 1 Grabber Blue coupe w/ white stripes, Shaker 1000, no-hid which is going into stock (as of now) and sold the other allocation to a TS member. I've talked to 3 other dealers within 10 miles of me and all three have each received 1 allocation to date. I'd be very skeptical if any dealer (other than MM) says they're getting more than 2. If you've ordered one, ask for the DORA report. If they cannot produce that report then that basically means the Ford has not acknowledged the order. Once you receive the DORA, it should not be too long after that you should get the VIN (you'll have to get that from the dealer though). From there you can track the build yourself on Ford sites or by calling Ford (see other posts for numbers, etc.). Is what's interesting, my dealer ordered the Grabber Blue coupe last December, but he's not due to receive it until July 10. I know of other TS members that ordered March or early April and have received their cars already. So if the dealer says he's ordered you one, make sure he has it entered as a Customer order and not a Stock order.

My 2010 has been on order since 06/05/09. Still do not have a VIN#. Calling my dealer right now to ask about the DORA report. What exactly does that stand for?

Edit: Just got off the phone with my salesman and he said that he has never heard of a DORA report. The only thing he said that he had was just an order number. Is he just playing me for a fool or would he really have never heard of a DORA report before. I find it hard to believe that after 4 weeks Ford has still not achknowledged my order but maybe that is the case.

My 2010 has been on order since 06/05/09. Still do not have a VIN#. Calling my dealer right now to ask about the DORA report. What exactly does that stand for?

Edit: Just got off the phone with my salesman and he said that he has never heard of a DORA report. The only thing he said that he had was just an order number. Is he just playing me for a fool or would he really have never heard of a DORA report before. I find it hard to believe that after 4 weeks Ford has still not achknowledged my order but maybe that is the case.

DORA or Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. This is a verification sent to dealers acknowledging each order placed with Ford. So yes, he's playing you for a fool or the salesperson is the fool himself for not showing any interest in company process and terminology.

Edit: Just got off the phone with my salesman and he said that he has never heard of a DORA report. The only thing he said that he had was just an order number. Is he just playing me for a fool or would he really have never heard of a DORA report before. I find it hard to believe that after 4 weeks Ford has still not acknowledged my order but maybe that is the case.

Hi ironpeddler - I ordered my car the same day as you and haven't received anything yet. The salesman said the order is still waiting to be picked up by Ford. Maybe we'll have better luck next week when the AAI plant re-opens. :headscratch:

Either way I'm a bit disappointed. I just wanted a little good news to start the week. Back to waiting.

When I picked up my car June 26 my dealer told me the 7 car allocation they had for the first production run was cut to 4 and the remaining 3 wouldn't be built till September. Initially when I ordered in March they had 7 cars in the 1st production run and another 7 in the 2nd run. His second run of 7 cars have been cut altogether. They sold all 7 for the 1st run and had 9 kr's that they've sold this year also. The info I'm getting from him is the overall production is down from what was originally projected by Ford for the 2010 Shelby.

my order was placed on 5/20/09 and no vin# yet,

i called fords customer service

last week to make sure my order was real and they said that it was on file, and that it was on "material hold" which is the same thing my dealer has been telling me for the past month, since there are some members of team shelby who are waiting longer then i have, and some who just recieved their vin# after waiting about three months,

i've decided to give it a couple more weeks untill i do something about my order also considering that the plant has been closed for the past week and will re-open next monday, i think that we all have to accept the fact that ford has done a really bad job in their customer relations, service, and quality controll department.

When I picked up my car June 26 my dealer told me the 7 car allocation they had for the first production run was cut to 4 and the remaining 3 wouldn't be built till September. Initially when I ordered in March they had 7 cars in the 1st production run and another 7 in the 2nd run. His second run of 7 cars have been cut altogether. They sold all 7 for the 1st run and had 9 kr's that they've sold this year also. The info I'm getting from him is the overall production is down from what was originally projected by Ford for the 2010 Shelby.

Thanks for the information, skipm. I'm not sure how many allocation spots my dealer has - But I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one to order one thus far from them. And I'm not sure, but on my order sheet it states that it's order #0001.

my order was placed on 5/20/09 and no vin# yet,

i called fords customer service

last week to make sure my order was real and they said that it was on file, and that it was on "material hold" which is the same thing my dealer has been telling me for the past month, since there are some members of team shelby who are waiting longer then i have, and some who just recieved their vin# after waiting about three months,

i've decided to give it a couple more weeks untill i do something about my order also considering that the plant has been closed for the past week and will re-open next monday, i think that we all have to accept the fact that ford has done a really bad job in their customer relations, service, and quality controll department.

So are they saying that your car is built, but there's a material hold? Or are they saying that because there's a material hold your car can't be built?

It seems we are all members of the new wave of Cobra010's, StillIntense's, BabyGorilla's, etc. Lucky we have this board for moral support to get through the waiting.

Hi ironpeddler - I ordered my car the same day as you and haven't received anything yet. The salesman said the order is still waiting to be picked up by Ford. Maybe we'll have better luck next week when the AAI plant re-opens. :headscratch:

Either way I'm a bit disappointed. I just wanted a little good news to start the week. Back to waiting.

Yeah man, this waiting is pretty much KILLING ME!!!! But yeah i thought that after 4 weeks we would know more than what we do. At least I know now that my saleperson has probably been honest with me up to this point because you are in the same boat as me. I had no idea the plant was closeing, that sucks. Hopefully next week :banghead:

Yeah man, this waiting is pretty much KILLING ME!!!! But yeah i thought that after 4 weeks we would know more than what we do. At least I know now that my saleperson has probably been honest with me up to this point because you are in the same boat as me. I had no idea the plant was closeing, that sucks. Hopefully next week :banghead:

Since I haven't seen you on here before, I will share with you mine was built 03-09-09 and has not arrived yet? Maybe soon but not yet?

That said those built recently already have been delivered.

Cobra010

This is my first time ordering from the factory...So I thought that the process would be a bit more organized and detailed. I don't know if this is the routine for all factory orders or if just because of the shelby's limited production that it's a bit more tedious.

Yeah the AAI plant was closed last week and this week as well. It's also closed for one week in mid-august. So there were be a 5 week window where things should be flowing at the plant starting next Monday.

Here's hoping! I would think that if they pull the order and get things going, our cars could be produced in that time frame. :lurk:

This is my first time ordering from the factory...So I thought that the process would be a bit more organized and detailed. I don't know if this is the routine for all factory orders or if just because of the shelby's limited production that it's a bit more tedious.

Yeah the AAI plant was closed last week and this week as well. It's also closed for one week in mid-august. So there were be a 5 week window where things should be flowing at the plant starting next Monday.

Here's hoping! I would think that if they pull the order and get things going, our cars could be produced in that time frame. :lurk:

No it is not typical of all cars. This is a totally new model and as such several bugs were found and each time they found one it seemed they stopped shipping, plus hollidays and vacations (union). That said the system to keep customers informed is one of the poorest imaginable IMHO!

Blessings,

Cobra010

No it is not typical of all cars. This is a totally new model and as such several bugs were found and each time they found one it seemed they stopped shipping, plus hollidays and vacations (union). That said the system to keep customers informed is one of the poorest imaginable IMHO!

Blessings,

Cobra010

I just ordered mine a week ago and have been told 12-16 weeks initially and then possible 4-6 weeks when I actually went in and placed the order. I got an email today from the sales lady...."Apparently Ford has cut the production of the GT-500 by 50%.So now we are being told that it is going to be a long wait but still, with no accurate time frame :( as of right now...Lisa is telling me that anything can change overnight but that is the current new's...We have a few other deposits and those clients are choosing to wait.We can refund your deposit if you do not want to wait..otherwise we can keep you on the list and you can stay in line.Sorry for the new's.I got back here to the dealership and just found out.Let me know what you want me to do."

I just ordered mine a week ago and have been told 12-16 weeks initially and then possible 4-6 weeks when I actually went in and placed the order. I got an email today from the sales lady...."Apparently Ford has cut the production of the GT-500 by 50%.So now we are being told that it is going to be a long wait but still, with no accurate time frame :( as of right now...Lisa is telling me that anything can change overnight but that is the current new's...We have a few other deposits and those clients are choosing to wait.We can refund your deposit if you do not want to wait..otherwise we can keep you on the list and you can stay in line.Sorry for the new's.I got back here to the dealership and just found out.Let me know what you want me to do."

I don't know if I would believe this. In an article from Motortrend or Edmonds it said that Ford would produce however many GT500's that they had orders for. In economic times like they are I think that Ford would want to sell as many $50k cars as they can. Of course this is all IMHO. I could be totally wrong. But man if they did cut production by 50% I hope that deosn't affect my order.

So are they saying that your car is built, but there's a material hold? Or are they saying that because there's a material hold your car can't be built?

It seems we are all members of the new wave of Cobra010's, StillIntense's, BabyGorilla's, etc. Lucky we have this board for moral support to get through the waiting.

From my understanding, the car has not even been scheduled as yet.

2nd2none: you are being given BS by a salesperson. This is an old tactic that they use to try and drive up the price! Those of us who have been around for a lot of "special" Mustangs have heard this many times.

Rest assured, Ford will build them as long as people keep buying them! Heck, there are still 2008 Shelby's sitting unsold on dealer's lots.

This person is lying to you....

2nd2none: you are being given BS by a salesperson. This is an old tactic that they use to try and drive up the price! Those of us who have been around for a lot of "special" Mustangs have heard this many times.

Rest assured, Ford will build them as long as people keep buying them! Heck, there are still 2008 Shelby's sitting unsold on dealer's lots.

This person is lying to you....

I was already leaning towards going to another dealership since this girl went about 5 days without returning one of my many phone calls or emails and I know she was there. I would think they would be a little more appreciative of people spending 50K on one of their cars in these economic times.

thanks

yeah, if there's one thing i know, when it comes to cars, dealers know the least,

they don't have a clue about annything, your best bet is to just be patient and do your

own research, all dealers care about is getting your money!

I was already leaning towards going to another dealership since this girl went about 5 days without returning one of my many phone calls or emails and I know she was there. I would think they would be a little more appreciative of people spending 50K on one of their cars in these economic times.

thanks

Id try michael morris,he was great for me,and really knows the Ford folks

I can tell you that there are very few people out there right now who want to spend $50,000 on a Mustang. You always get the initial rush of people wanting one right away that creates the false impression of huge demand but once these folks get their cars the demand will drop off steeply and in a hurry. 11% unemployment before year end, taxes are going up all over the place and real estate values are still going down. 401s have been trashed..I don't think I need to go on you get the picture.

Bottom line is that the Dealer cars are starting to come in in quantity, all you have to do is look at Ebay, and they are not selling. Some Dealers are flush with excitement about the new model and think they have another free meal ticket. That is why some of them are acting so arrogantly about the service and pricing. All of that will be changing shortly and there will be a lot of GT500s to choose from. I have heard every story imaginable from dealers talking about production cuts, that the 2010 will cease production mid year, that the 2011 will not be built and on and on and on.

I would take anything a Dealer tells you with a grain of salt because #1 The really bad ones will lie (that has been proven). #2 Most don't really know what the heck is going on and the salesmen know even less.

The Dealers will communicate anything they can to create an urgency to buy at top price. If everyone just stays calm pretty soon you will be able to buy any GT500 you want at a rock bottom price.

You the buyer are in the drivers seat and are in control. If my order gets screwed up and I don't get a Vin # by the date I think I should then I will start shopping Dealer lots with cash in hand like I did on my 2009. As always you will find dealers who will sit on their new GT500s till Hell freezes over and that is their perogative.

Just remember, there are hardly any buyers for these cars right now. Most can't afford them and most people don't even want a car that is totally useless for most everything, gets horrible gas mileage and is expensive to insure.

Trust me you as a buyer for these cars are indeed a very rare person right now just some of the Dealers have not figured it out yet but they will.

Hang tough, don't overpay and know that the cars are coming and you will have very little competition to buy one soon. :yahoo:

This concludes my motivational speech for this week.

PS: I forgot to add, if you think the market has not collapsed on these cars just ask the guys that are trying to sell their used ones, it is a disaster. The Dealers won't even take them on trade most of the time.

Steve

Archived