TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my build started today

• 2 weeks later...

The motors back in and a start up tune loaded, I was amazed at how good it sounds even without the final tune installed. The Metco fuel rails had to be custom fit in order to work with the KB but they worked with Metco and they turned out fine. I should have it back Monday and will post the #’s and a sound clip. Only got one shot with my camera phone that came out clear enough to post.

IMG00061.jpg

Well here’s the #’s and they are a little lower than I expected but there are some contributing factors as to why they are this low which may or may not sound like excuses. They had just finished the first run when I got there at about 4:00pm and were letting it cool down, the weather was 90 degrees and very humid and by the time it was ready for a full pull it was around 8:00pm and about to start raining. Somewhere in between the second or third dial in session giving time for cool down between each session he told me that it would be better if I came back early the next morning if I wanted a #’s pull but I already had someone on their way to drive my beater home and there was no way I could get off work early enough to get back down there before the weekend. The car was tuned properly but was pulling a little timing due to the fact that it was not given enough time to cool down so I decided to leave with the #’s I had.

jeff2_0001.pdf

jeff2_0001.pdf

Well here’s the #’s and they are a little lower than I expected but there are some contributing factors as to why they are this low which may or may not sound like excuses. They had just finished the first run when I got there at about 4:00pm and were letting it cool down, the weather was 90 degrees and very humid and by the time it was ready for a full pull it was around 8:00pm and about to start raining. Somewhere in between the second or third dial in session giving time for cool down between each session he told me that it would be better if I came back early the next morning if I wanted a #’s pull but I already had someone on their way to drive my beater home and there was no way I could get off work early enough to get back down there before the weekend. The car was tuned properly but was pulling a little timing due to the fact that it was not given enough time to cool down so I decided to leave with the #’s I had.

jeff2_0001.pdf

sound clip

pretty good numbers, what were you hoping for? Sounds good too. I'd love to hear it at hard acceleration

jeff2_0001.pdf

what TB and injectors are you running? here's mine before we stroked the 5.0, stock TB, 39lb injectors, 13lbs of boost.

9PSIDynoGraph.jpg

Archived