TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my build started today

I just laid down a deposit with MVperformance to get the parts ordered. I will be using my block and heads.

COMP CAMS VALVE SPRINGS BEEHIVE

STAINLESS STEEL FERREA EXHAUST VALVES

STAINLESS STEEL FERREA INTAKE VALVES

BULLETT RACING CUSTOM GROUND BLOWER CAMSHAFTS

ARP 256-4202 2000 SERIES HEAD STUDS

FULL PORTWORK 3V HEADS

VALVE JOB, CUT SEATS FOR OVERSIZED VALVES

ABOVE IS ALL HEAD WORK AND HEAD PARTS

STEEL COBRA 8 BOLT CRANK

MANLEY H-BEAM W/ ARP 2000 BOLTS

PISTONS CP/MOD MAX 14CC DISH

FILE FIT MOLY RINGS

FORD RACING OIL PUMP

ARP MAIN STUDs

BORE AND TORQUE PLATE HONE

BALANCE ROTATING ASSEMBLY

CANTON 7QT OIL PAN

GT500 FUEL PUMP KIT

Ram Clutch 300/900

Fidanza Alum Flywheel

I just laid down a deposit with MVperformance to get the parts ordered. I will be using my block and heads.

COMP CAMS VALVE SPRINGS BEEHIVE

STAINLESS STEEL FERREA EXHAUST VALVES

STAINLESS STEEL FERREA INTAKE VALVES

BULLITT CUSTOM GROUND BLOWER CAMSHAFTS

ARP 256-4202 2000 SERIES HEAD STUDS

FULL PORTWORK 3V HEADS

VALVE JOB, CUT SEATS FOR OVERSIZED VALVES

ABOVE IS ALL HEAD WORK AND HEAD PARTS

STEEL COBRA 8 BOLT CRANK

MANLEY H-BEAM W/ ARP 2000 BOLTS

PISTONS CP/MOD MAX 17CC DISH

FILE FIT MOLY RINGS

FORD RACING OIL PUMP

ARP MAIN STUDs

BORE AND TORQUE PLATE HONE

BALANCE ROTATING ASSEMBLY

GT500 FUEL PUMP KIT

Ram Clutch 300/900

Fidanza Alum Flywheel

Damn nice looking giddyup dude GRATZ!!

:spend:

:spend: ....nice list.

Yeah, still more to add too, 8 rib conversion, MAF,Overdrive Crank Pulley etc.. Might take a couple of days to shake off the quilt feeling I have in the pit of my stomach,but on the bright side I might finally be done.

very nice list, I started with the Techco 5.0, it's getting a little added stroke to it this coming week.

IMG00074.jpg

Hmmm, that garage looks like someplace I know. Wish I could afford to get my car in there right now. I just took a big pay cut at work. :banghead:

Blueone, did you do a driveshaft yet? Looks like the only link missing.

Hmmm, that garage looks like someplace I know. Wish I could afford to get my car in there right now. I just took a big pay cut at work. :banghead:

Blueone, did you do a driveshaft yet? Looks like the only link missing.

Yes, went with Dynotech 3.5" with Metco front loop and adj UCA.

very nice list, I started with the Techco 5.0, it's getting a little added stroke to it this coming week.

IMG00074.jpg

That's about as badass as it gets for the street. I'm interested in your belt and pulley setup for your sc, I guess I'm going to wind up with the KB 8 rib system and a 10% Overdrive Balancer to try and avoid belt slippage at 17 PSI.

That's about as badass as it gets for the street. I'm interested in your belt and pulley setup for your sc, I guess I'm going to wind up with the KB 8 rib system and a 10% Overdrive Balancer to try and avoid belt slippage at 17 PSI.

We hit 610rwhp on their 10lb set up, moving up to their 17lb kit. They will have a 20lb cog set up later this year.

We hit 610rwhp on their 10lb set up, moving up to their 17lb kit. They will have a 20lb cog set up later this year.

Are you using the stock tensioner? I noticed that Steeda sells an 'upgraded' one, but I wasn't sure if it was necessary or not.

Ken

Holy cow man that's an awesome mod list! Nice work. I can't wait to see how it turns out for ya. Keep us posted!

Ken

I dropped her off at MV yesterday and they will start Monday. Added the Steeda tensioner, blue powder coated covers and the 8 rib conversion kit with a 2.5" and 2.75" pulleys to my list.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
I dropped her off at MV yesterday and they will start Monday. Added the Steeda tensioner, blue powder coated covers and the 8 rib conversion kit with a 2.5" and 2.75" pulleys to my list.

Jeff

Went down there to deliver the 8 rib conversion kit last Friday and they were still waiting on my heads to come back and were about to send my block and pistons to the machine shop, had to settle for some pictures of my parts. Talked to them today and my shortblock was going together and the heads are supposed to be back today or Friday. They went with 14cc pistions instead of the 17cc for a CR of 9.05:1 and I went ahead and got the Innovators West 8 rib standard size crank dampener and will be taking it down there tomorrow and I should be able to get some pictures of my short block and maybe the heads if they are there. Won't be long now I hope.

Jeff

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

Someone should rename this the hardcore mod thread. I am not worthy of viewing it. My computer will barely even open it up! :lol:

Someone should rename this the hardcore mod thread. I am not worthy of viewing it. My computer will barely even open it up! :lol:

Very Nice, The only thing I would suggest is staying away from the Ram clutch and maybe getting a SPEC or something else. I have heard many stories about the Ram Twin Disk Clutch. I have no personel knowledge but take a look at this thread:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114821

Jim :)

Very Nice, The only thing I would suggest is staying away from the Ram clutch and maybe getting a SPEC or something else. I have heard many stories about the Ram Twin Disk Clutch. I have no personel knowledge but take a look at this thread:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114821

Jim :)

Thanks for the info but I have seen that kind of thread on just about every clutch manufactuer and I'm going to have to trust the guys building my cars judgement. You would think that they would want me to be able to get out of the parking lot when they are done. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

http://www.bing.com/search?q=BART+TOBNER&a...rc=IE-SearchBox

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Tim+Matherly+...rc=IE-SearchBox

That looks awesome! I've been putting my build list together for the last couple of months and it looks very similar. Although I plan on replacing the entire drive train at the same time to take advantage of the new motor and get the power to the ground. Here is where I think I'm headed next:

- New production 4.6L Aluminum Block

- Upgraded block side bolts

- ARP Main studs

- Performance main bearings

- Forged 3.750 stroke Crankshaft

- Manley Forged H-beam Rods

- ARP 2000 Rod bolts

- Manley pistons

- Speed Pro file fit rings

- Ported heads

- Stainless steel valves

- Stage 2 Comp Cams Camshafts

- Fel-Pro Extreme Duty Head gaskets

- Timing chains

- Sprockets

- Guides

- Variable cam controllers

- Tensioners

- Roller Rockers

- Lifters

- 8 rib pulleys

- Street/Racing Oil pump

- 7qrt Street/Racing Oil Pan

- Injectors

- Long Tube Headers

- MAF Upgrade

- 3.73 Ring Gear

- Flywheel

- Clutch

- Transmission

- Mosel Axels

- Wheels

- Tires

- Secret Ingredients

- New Tune

That looks awesome! I've been putting my build list together for the last couple of months and it looks very similar. Although I plan on replacing the entire drive train at the same time to take advantage of the new motor and get the power to the ground. Here is where I think I'm headed next:

- New production 4.6L Aluminum Block

- Upgraded block side bolts

- ARP Main studs

- Performance main bearings

- Forged 3.750 stroke Crankshaft

- Manley Forged H-beam Rods

- ARP 2000 Rod bolts

- Manley pistons

- Speed Pro file fit rings

- Ported heads

- Stainless steel valves

- Stage 2 Comp Cams Camshafts

- Fel-Pro Extreme Duty Head gaskets

- Timing chains

- Sprockets

- Guides

- Variable cam controllers

- Tensioners

- Roller Rockers

- Lifters

- 8 rib pulleys

- Street/Racing Oil pump

- 7qrt Street/Racing Oil Pan

- Injectors

- Long Tube Headers

- MAF Upgrade

- 3.73 Ring Gear

- Flywheel

- Clutch

- Transmission

- Mosel Axels

- Wheels

- Tires

- Secret Ingredients

- New Tune

fine looking list, stock stroke or stroker?

Dave - Now that was spoken like a true Pacific Northwesterner baked in 100+ degree heat! :hysterical:

More pics, should be in the car now and be back home Monday. Stock SC pulley is still on the blower,will be using either a 2.5" or 2.75" eight rib.

IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

Archived