TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby classic look

I really love the look of the 2010,its real classic muscle. So thought id take pics of my 65 GTO and the Shelby to share--sorry if Im going over the top, but i LOVE this car.

BTW drove the GTO today for its weekly spin after driving the Shelby everyday for the last 2 weeks--man its come a long way,the Shelby stops,starts,turns,rides great,no rattles (yet),great tunes--Im 64 and some of the young guys have no idea what cars were like back in the 60s,really it wasnt unusual for axles to break, engine catch fire, -i actually had a wheel fall off a 56 DeSoto while i was driving.So, enjoy the Shelby for what it is, a pure,over the top muscle car

post-24281-1246635113_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635131_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635142_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635154_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635165_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635177_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635113_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635131_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635142_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635154_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635165_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246635177_thumb.jpg

Very true....the vintage does not compare top the new gen...but why should it.

I drove our KR to the Palo Alto Concours last weekend in 106 deg. heat, and with that fastback window, it was like driving a greenhouse it was soooooo hot in that car.

But I love both, for what they each uniquely have to offer.

Similar comparisons can be made to my wifes Triumph Bonneville, it is a 2002, and it starts, stops and all of the electrics work...something that the vintage bikes can give you fits about...

Nice GTO by the way...

vintage_modern.JPG

vintage_modern.JPG

Very true....the vintage does not compare top the new gen...but why should it.

I drove our KR to the Palo Alto Concours last weekend in 106 deg. heat, and with that fastback window, it was like driving a greenhouse it was soooooo hot in that car.

But I love both, for what they each uniquely have to offer.

Similar comparisons can be made to my wifes Triumph Bonneville, it is a 2002, and it starts, stops and all of the electrics work...something that the vintage bikes can give you fits about...

Nice GTO by the way...

Thanks--2 nice cars.I lived in PA for a year back in 1985,and went to one of the 1st Concourse shows there--its a great setting.man thats hot for PA this time of year.At the concourse here in Amelia Island, you have to be invited--is that true there as well??

BTW went to a wedding in SF last year,and visited with my nephew who lives near the park. Parked in front of his apt house was a 66 Shelby that looked all original,unrestored.He said his neighbor used it as his daily driver,and had sveral exotis that he owned as well.Wild

Thanks--2 nice cars.I lived in PA for a year back in 1985,and went to one of the 1st Concourse shows there--its a great setting.man thats hot for PA this time of year.At the concourse here in Amelia Island, you have to be invited--is that true there as well??

BTW went to a wedding in SF last year,and visited with my nephew who lives near the park. Parked in front of his apt house was a 66 Shelby that looked all original,unrestored.He said his neighbor used it as his daily driver,and had sveral exotis that he owned as well.Wild

Yes and no, you have to submit detailed pics and description to pass muster. I had our KR in the corral (a non-judged area).

Was the 66 Shelby Guardsman Blue with a drivers front corner a little wrinkled up? If so, I know the car...

Yes and no, you have to submit detailed pics and description to pass muster. I had our KR in the corral (a non-judged area).

Was the 66 Shelby Guardsman Blue with a drivers front corner a little wrinkled up? If so, I know the car...

No it was a Hertz car--not sure if it was a 65 or 66.

Archived