TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser from Raceskinz

So, who has put theirs on and what was the outcome?

It looks pretty easy, but do I have to take the rear wheels off to do it right?

Thanks,

1FST ASP

I installed mine last weekend. Here is the link to the thread in the SS forum where I posted some install tips and pics.

Hope this helps. You'll love the way it looks on the car, a BIG improvement over the factory finish!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry746134

1FST ASP, you do not need to remove your wheels to do the install. All you need is a 1/4" ratchet with a short phillips bit to remove the screws that attach the plastic mud flaps (due to limited room between the tire and fender). If you plan on using a regular screw driver for that part of the job, then the wheels need to come off. Other than that, it's a straight forward install. Enjoy!

Looks great! Did I read correctly that you have to caulk the upper edge? If so that is one nice caulk job!

Thanks for the compliment.

You don't have to caulk the edge unless you want to hide the .060" raw edge of the carbon fiber, which has an off white color to it.

Also, the overlay piece does not lay tight all the way around, there were some unavoidable gaps to deal with because of the nature of carbon fiber and being so thin.

Thanks for the compliment.

You don't have to caulk the edge unless you want to hide the .060" raw edge of the carbon fiber, which has an off white color to it.

Also, the overlay piece does not lay tight all the way around, there were some unavoidable gaps to deal with because of the nature of carbon fiber and being so thin.

Are you going to the Bash? I would like to see this up close and personal. I really like the pics, but want to see it before I buy it. I think this is a natural to go along with the front splitter, rocker panels, and mirrors.

Are you going to the Bash? I would like to see this up close and personal. I really like the pics, but want to see it before I buy it. I think this is a natural to go along with the front splitter, rocker panels, and mirrors.

CF, I wish I could commit to going to the Bash right now, but can't due to several events that My company participates at in January. The photos do not do the CF overlay justice. The finish and fiber patern is identical to the rest of our CF parts.

CF, I wish I could commit to going to the Bash right now, but can't due to several events that My company participates at in January. The photos do not do the CF overlay justice. The finish and fiber patern is identical to the rest of our CF parts.

Thanks. I really think this completes the look that should have come with this package and the SS.

• 1 month later...

Archived