TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally got her...of course with problems!

Well I finally picked up my GT500 today. And as my luck would have it there is 2 things wrong. Besides having alot of rail dust or highway dirt in the paint I will clay it out. But upon getting the car home and eyeing it up I found the drivers hood stripe torn about 1/2 up against the hood vent and the drivers rear flat trunk stripe clearly has 2 stripes on it. It was cut crooked and short of the spolier revealing a second stripe. I guess the original was bad and they decided to put another on without taking it off. Now.... Since it's only a sticker and I got a $46,125 sticker car for $39,900 I guess I can't complain too much. But can I go to any Ford dealer and have these replaced? Should I be looking for an approved SVT dealer? Or can I get the stripes from Ford and have my own guy do it? And must say this car is unbelievable. The power is just sick. And it looks as though it wants to run you right off the road. Starting to fall in love again. Now to just get the strpes fixed and Ill be there. Also installed 5GT's today also.

P1010259.jpg

P1010266.jpg

Also wanted to thank MM for helping me even though I purchased the car elsewhere. Thanks Mike.

I am really surprised that they would put one stripe on top of the other. Take it to the dealership and have them replace it. It is not that difficult and they should have a stripe person that does it for a living install it. If not get them to order a replacement and put it on yourself. One thing though... make sure the stripe matches the others on the car. If it does not make them replace the others around it too so it matches.

Good luck!

Is there different shades of white with these stripes? There must be a special part# for our cars.

I am really surprised that they would put one stripe on top of the other. Take it to the dealership and have them replace it. It is not that difficult and they should have a stripe person that does it for a living install it. If not get them to order a replacement and put it on yourself. One thing though... make sure the stripe matches the others on the car. If it does not make them replace the others around it too so it matches.

Good luck!

Is there different shades of white with these stripes? There must be a special part# for our cars.

I don't expect there to be a different shade but you never know. Could be from a different batch of vinyl or the other stripes on the car could be faded some or discolored. No telling.

There are special part numbers for the stripes. Go into your dealership and they can pull up and print out a picture of the car labeling all the stripes by part number. Some stripes come in a set (left and right top spoiler stripes come as one part) others, like the hood stripes come as individual parts.

I completely understand that they overlap. I know exaclty how they install stripes. This is the stripe that is in between the rear glass and the spoiler. Its about 8" long. You can also feel the difference in the touch in spite of seeing 2 visible stripes. As a matter of fact as of 5 minutes ago I had my neighbor who builds cars and ironically is building a numbers matching Shleby owned 67 350 and he saw it and shook his head. :nonono:

The factory stripes overlap one another at certain seams on the car, that might be what you are seeing...

I completely understand that they overlap. I know exaclty how they install stripes. This is the stripe that is in between the rear glass and the spoiler. Its about 8" long. You can also feel the difference in the touch in spite of seeing 2 visible stripes. As a matter of fact as of 5 minutes ago I had my neighbor who builds cars and ironically is building a numbers matching Shleby owned 67 350 and he saw it and shook his head. :nonono:

That is crazy that they would have done that.

I like the vid in your sig am still laughing while am typing those words.

Congrats on the new GT500 Scotty!

I too loved the old Smokey and the Bandit movies back in the day...I wish someone would come out with a T-Top modification for the SGT...I always liked the T-Tops in the Trans Am...almost a convertible, but not quite...

If they would of come out with the T/A I would of bought one.

2009_pontiac_trans_am_rendering_by_kevin_morgan.jpg

Congrats on the new GT500 Scotty!

I too loved the old Smokey and the Bandit movies back in the day...I wish someone would come out with a T-Top modification for the SGT...I always liked the T-Tops in the Trans Am...almost a convertible, but not quite...

Well I finally picked up my GT500 today. And as my luck would have it there is 2 things wrong. Besides having alot of rail dust or highway dirt in the paint I will clay it out. But upon getting the car home and eyeing it up I found the drivers hood stripe torn about 1/2 up against the hood vent and the drivers rear flat trunk stripe clearly has 2 stripes on it. It was cut crooked and short of the spolier revealing a second stripe. I guess the original was bad and they decided to put another on without taking it off. Now.... Since it's only a sticker and I got a $46,125 sticker car for $39,900 I guess I can't complain too much. But can I go to any Ford dealer and have these replaced? Should I be looking for an approved SVT dealer? Or can I get the stripes from Ford and have my own guy do it? And must say this car is unbelievable. The power is just sick. And it looks as though it wants to run you right off the road. Starting to fall in love again. Now to just get the strpes fixed and Ill be there. Also installed 5GT's today also.

P1010259.jpg

P1010266.jpg

Hey where did you get the pedal car. It sure is saweeeeeeeet.

QSS

Congrats on your car!! My buddy is still crying! You got his car he drove down to LA for!

Enjoy you won the auction!

I love teasing him!!!

Awesome Car my friend!

that was a steal for 39,900.00 ~~

Your shelby buddy Jason :happy feet:

See thats what I'm trying to avoid is replacing them all. The car is new so Im hoping they match. If they dont I may go the painted route.

I like the 3D effect of the vinyl stripes but if you decide to go the painted route make sure to paint them a tad narrower so if you decide to go back later to the stock vinyl stripes the paint will be completely hidden underneath......Again gorgeous car and for the price it is a steal. i got mine for 47000 and i thought i had a good deal...lol.........Happy 4th.

Congrats on your car!! My buddy is still crying! You got his car he drove down to LA for!

Enjoy you won the auction!

I love teasing him!!!

Awesome Car my friend!

that was a steal for 39,900.00 ~~

Your shelby buddy Jason :happy feet:

With this crappy economy he will get much better deal, seems we are in this for a while.

Archived