TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rubber trim around FRPP Intake

I was having trouble keeping the thin rubber strip attached to my FRPP intake and it was in turn rubbing on my shock tower and removing the paint. I contacted Steeda and they have the larger rubber trim that may even help to seal the area a little better...the part number is 626-10100 and it takes about 4 feet of it to go around the FRPP metal intake. Total cost for me including shipping was $23.52. It required removing the intake from the car to facilitate replacing the rubber, but was fairly easy to do...just be careful to not loose the two rubber pieces that the intake goes into on the bottom...the grommets just kind of sit in their holes in the inner fender well and the intake sits down into them...

Sorry, didn't take any pics of the procedure, but it is relatively simple to do...and hopefully worth the money in the long run...Just thought I'd give the part number in case anyone else wants to call Steeda and get it...

I fixed my rubbed off paint there with a nice "Ford Motorsports SVO" sticker.

Good idea! That touch up crap never works as well as I want it to. I've got tons of stickers in my tool chest. I'll have to see if I can find one that looks good under there. :)

I fixed mine with a blower lol

I would LOVE to fix mine by adding a blower, but when you're out of a job right now, it's kinda out of the question...hopefully some day, but just not right now...

Any chance you can post a pic of the completed article? I'm wondering if it looks like the pics of the CAI on the prototype.

Thanks!

The CAI rubber trim was missing on my SGT when I took delivery. My friends at Steeda hooked me up with a replacement piece, pictured below. I managed to install it without removing the CAI. -Steve

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

The CAI rubber trim was missing on my SGT when I took delivery. My friends at Steeda hooked me up with a replacement piece, pictured below. I managed to install it without removing the CAI. -Steve

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

You beat me to posting pics...that's exactly how mine looks now...Installation can be done without removing the CAI, but it's just a little easier to make sure the rubber is on tightly with it off of the car...

You beat me to posting pics...that's exactly how mine looks now...Installation can be done without removing the CAI, but it's just a little easier to make sure the rubber is on tightly with it off of the car...

Sorry that I beat you posting some photos. I'd still like to see your install. I agree taking the shield off would be better, to ensure the trim gets pushed on completely. When I installed mine, I had just picked it up from Steeda on the way to a car show and had no tools. -Steve

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Steve,

I still need to do that, car is is looking pretty clean under the hood.

You've gotta come out to the Homestead track and run your car....

Went last week, did ok, not bad for a first timer, need gears and better tires.

Steve,

I still need to do that, car is is looking pretty clean under the hood.

You've gotta come out to the Homestead track and run your car....

Went last week, did ok, not bad for a first timer, need gears and better tires.

Hey Chris,

Looks clean now, but you should've seen how dirty it was when I took delivery. The whole engine compartment was covered with desert dust and dirt. Some Simple Green worked wonders.

I'll have to try Homestead one Friday evening, looks like fun. It's just a bit of a long drive from where I live. Also, my car needs some mods to make it launch well, starting with LCAs. I got a new Pro 5.0 shifter for Father's Day, so at least I won't be missing third gear.

-Steve

I was having trouble keeping the thin rubber strip attached to my FRPP intake and it was in turn rubbing on my shock tower and removing the paint. I contacted Steeda and they have the larger rubber trim that may even help to seal the area a little better...the part number is 626-10100 and it takes about 4 feet of it to go around the FRPP metal intake. Total cost for me including shipping was $23.52. It required removing the intake from the car to facilitate replacing the rubber, but was fairly easy to do...just be careful to not loose the two rubber pieces that the intake goes into on the bottom...the grommets just kind of sit in their holes in the inner fender well and the intake sits down into them...

Sorry, didn't take any pics of the procedure, but it is relatively simple to do...and hopefully worth the money in the long run...Just thought I'd give the part number in case anyone else wants to call Steeda and get it...

Hey, I had the same problem plus I wanted to get a good seal from the engine compartment to keep the heat out. I went to an auto parts store and looked up weather stripping for one that would slide down on the sheet metal and stand straight up. It was fairly cheap and didn't have to pay for shipping.

Hey, I had the same problem plus I wanted to get a good seal from the engine compartment to keep the heat out. I went to an auto parts store and looked up weather stripping for one that would slide down on the sheet metal and stand straight up. It was fairly cheap and didn't have to pay for shipping.

Good idea. Autozone has a 30% off sale today. I'll have to check it out before calling Steeda... Thanks

Frank

Archived