TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone know how to track

Cobra010

I know the Dealer has a way of tracking our car once it is assigned a railcar #. But is there anyway we can track it ourselves without the dealer. Supposedly I have a rail car # the car I think is loaded and sitting at Flatrock. The # is ETTX854302 Canadian National Railways Ramp 5P. Anyone with any ideas please let me know.

Thanks

Cobra010

Al, this is not an answer to your question but will perhaps help guide this discussion. Yesterday, I was on the Canadian National Railways website and also tried to contact them by phone. Also, their rail partner is the Kansas City Southern railroad, which I also attempted to contact. The bottom line is that BOTH of the companies offer a way to track an individual rail car from their website. However, you must be a company that does business with them (like Ford, imagine that) in order to register on their website and get the location information.

In other words, it is done routinely and easily, but but you have to be a registered user of their website.

Good luck buddy,

Mark

Al, this is not an answer to your question but will perhaps help guide this discussion. Yesterday, I was on the Canadian National Railways website and also tried to contact them by phone. Also, their rail partner is the Kansas City Southern railroad, which I also attempted to contact. The bottom line is that BOTH of the companies offer a way to track an individual rail car from their website. However, you must be a company that does business with them (like Ford, imagine that) in order to register on their website and get the location information.

In other words, it is done routinely and easily, but but you have to be a registered user of their website.

Good luck buddy,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

That is exactly what I figured. :banghead:

Sure would be nice to be able to do some of the leg work myself. By the way I am going back to work at the Ford Dealership on the 15th as a sales consultant.

Al

Archived