TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extended warranty and supercharger

All or many of you with extended warranties probably are aware of this but it didn't hit me until last night so I thought I'd mention it.

I was reading the warranty page of the Ford Racing catalog last night and something finally registered in my brain. What caught my attention was the paragraph concerning superchargers and warranties. The paragraph states that the existing Ford warranty (our standard 3/36) will be replaced with the 12/12 Ford Racing warranty for the engine, driveline and suspension. Now, I understood from previous readings of the catalog that you get a 3/36 warranty if the Ford Racing parts are installed when the car is new and before you take possession. And, that if you have the parts installed (by a Ford dealer of course) before the 3/36 Ford warranty expires, the Ford Racing parts are covered for 12/12. What had not previously clicked for me was that the entire warranty for the engine, driveline and suspension would switch over to a 12/12 warranty. I bought the PremiumCare 72/60 warranty when I bought the car since I'm retiring in a few years and don't plan on putting many miles on it until my wife and I retire. The extended warranty covers more than the engine, driveline and suspension but those three are a major part of the coverage. While this isn't a complete deal breaker for my plans (hopes) to have a Whipple installed, it does have me re-thinking things (at a minimum the timing). Also, I've not verified this with my dealer but I plan on speaking with them this week.

Have any of you verified this?

The one thing that is constant is that the stock SGT is underpowered - JMHO.

All or many of you with extended warranties probably are aware of this but it didn't hit me until last night so I thought I'd mention it.

I was reading the warranty page of the Ford Racing catalog last night and something finally registered in my brain. What caught my attention was the paragraph concerning superchargers and warranties. The paragraph states that the existing Ford warranty (our standard 3/36) will be replaced with the 12/12 Ford Racing warranty for the engine, driveline and suspension. Now, I understood from previous readings of the catalog that you get a 3/36 warranty if the Ford Racing parts are installed when the car is new and before you take possession. And, that if you have the parts installed (by a Ford dealer of course) before the 3/36 Ford warranty expires, the Ford Racing parts are covered for 12/12. What had not previously clicked for me was that the entire warranty for the engine, driveline and suspension would switch over to a 12/12 warranty. I bought the PremiumCare 72/60 warranty when I bought the car since I'm retiring in a few years and don't plan on putting many miles on it until my wife and I retire. The extended warranty covers more than the engine, driveline and suspension but those three are a major part of the coverage. While this isn't a complete deal breaker for my plans (hopes) to have a Whipple installed, it does have me re-thinking things (at a minimum the timing). Also, I've not verified this with my dealer but I plan on speaking with them this week.

Have any of you verified this?

The one thing that is constant is that the stock SGT is underpowered - JMHO.

I had these same questions and talked with my dealer and they mentioned a partial rebate. I decided just to keep the warrannty to cover the A/C, alternator ect..

Archived