TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX6000 Questions

ssrock64

I was at Shelby Parts and Restoration, the top Shelby restorer in the country yesterday when the subject came up of their two 427 S/C CSX6000 series Cobras. The people at the shop told me that the CSX6000's are built by Shelby as continutation series 427 S/C Cobras, but I can't find this series listed on the Shelby Automobiles website. I searched around the internet, and somebody said that the 6000 series was built by AC cars as continuations, but several things bout this don't add up. 1: Shelby Parts and Restoration told me the 6000 series was built by Shelby without engines, which they installed. 2: The AC Cars continuation is modified, coming with a modern GM V-8 and modern components, while these CSX6000's were exact replicas except for the bodies, which were fiberglass. And 3: These cars have official, stamped Shelby I.D. tags in the car that state them as CSX6024 and CSX6025.

Please help

I was at Shelby Parts and Restoration, the top Shelby restorer in the country yesterday when the subject came up of their two 427 S/C CSX6000 series Cobras. The people at the shop told me that the CSX6000's are built by Shelby as continutation series 427 S/C Cobras, but I can't find this series listed on the Shelby Automobiles website. I searched around the internet, and somebody said that the 6000 series was built by AC cars as continuations, but several things bout this don't add up. 1: Shelby Parts and Restoration told me the 6000 series was built by Shelby without engines, which they installed. 2: The AC Cars continuation is modified, coming with a modern GM V-8 and modern components, while these CSX6000's were exact replicas except for the bodies, which were fiberglass. And 3: These cars have official, stamped Shelby I.D. tags in the car that state them as CSX6024 and CSX6025.

Please help

CSX6000 series cars are the continuation of the CSX4000 series 427 S/C cars. They ran out of numbers.

Also, it is correct that the CSX continuation series are built without a power train (as are all modern Cobras, for example, from Superformance, etc.) The "roller" is sold to the owner, who then either sends it to a shop to have the power train installed (often next yeardoor) or install it themselves.

I will pick up CSX6022 next week. I believe they did hold back some 4000 series VINs for the aluminum cars, but twobjshelbys is right that they ran out of 4000 series VINs. Other than that, the cars are exactly the same. I would say that probably 90% of customers have the Shelby dealer install the power train in the component roller that comes from Shelby, and are essentially picking up a completed car, but you can also do it yourself.

• 6 months later...

Archived