TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Mustang Round up

dave c

29th annual Mustang Round-up, July 16th - 19th, Bellevue, Wa @Bellevue Community College.

This a four day event:

Thursday July 16----Auto Cross (Monroe Fairgrounds)

Friday July 17--------Pony Trails to Yakima Canyon (usually about 400 cars)

Saturday July 18-----MCA Judged Show

Sunday July 19-------Peoples Choice Show

If you have never been to it, it's one show you gotta see. In years past there has been 1000-1200 cars on Sunday. This is the warm up for next year. Mustangs Northwest is hosting the 2010 Grand National Show.

MNW site

Hi Dave

I searched Bellevue Community College in Bellevue and came up with two addresses -

Landerholm Circle and Northup Way

When I clicked on aerial view - it was pretty obvious it's at Landerholm - awesome parking lot!

Dave, you in for all four days? I'm planning to do the track gig on Thursday and the ride on Friday. I'm hoping to make it out Sunday to the show. What do I need to do to get in on the track event and the ride?

Dave, you in for all four days? I'm planning to do the track gig on Thursday and the ride on Friday. I'm hoping to make it out Sunday to the show. What do I need to do to get in on the track event and the ride?

Chris,

We are not doing the track on Thursday, too busy with work. Sherri and I are doing the cruise on Friday. We'll definitely be there on Sunday. For the auto cross you have to contact Shannon Wolk @partsgoddess23@hotmail.com

For the cruise we meet @Bellevue CC, Landerholm Circle by 8:00am AT THE LATEST. Typically there has been around 400 cars, so it will be crazy. In Yakima all the cars are gathered for a panoramic photo. The guy shoots it with a WW1 camera. You can buy the photo later in the year. The photo is about 12" X 48", very cool shot with that many Mustangs.

If you have any questions, give me a call.

Dave

I'll even bring the "huge assed wife" :D

Excuse me can you exsplain :headscratch:

It's a little private joke between Stewart and I. I'll let him explain if he wants. LOL His wife is cool with it and no, she doesn't have a huge @ss.

Dave the site has no place to download a sign up form or direction to go there on sunday, never been to it as I can see why, as don't know where it is??????

I am free sunday as the wife will be in Seattle with girl friends

Adam

Dave the site has no place to download a sign up form or direction to go there on sunday, never been to it as I can see why, as don't know where it is??????

I am free sunday as the wife will be in Seattle with girl friends

Adam

Adam, You don't have to pre-register for Sunday. Bellevue CC address is: 3000 Landerholm Circle SE Bellevue 98007

Go East on I-90, take exit 11-A and follow the signs to 156th ave SE. The ramp will merge you onto So. 150th heading north. Proceed to the 2nd stoplight(SE 28th St) and turn left into BCC's main entrance and follow signs to the show.

I plan to be there Sunday. I'm actually driving up Saturday afternoon, staying in a nearby hotel, and plan to hang out at the show most of the day Sunday. I was hoping to enter my '78 King Cobra in the judged show this year, but it's still in paint/body work stage, so NEXT year I will be entering it and this year just the People's Choice with the Shelby.

Look forward to seeing some familiar faces!

Well round up is officially over. Unfortunately we were outnumbered by the Saleens 10 to 1. About 25 late model Shelbys were there. Next year we need a little better Shelby turnout. Unfortunately the overall turn out was down, due to the economy.

It was great meeting up with some old friends and meeting new ones. Lance probably had the long distance traveled for the Shelby group, he's probably still driving as I type. He had a little side detour with Chris(I want my cut) for another exhaust. LOL How many does that make Lance. Leon next time I don't want to hear, "I can't get the car out of the garage". Stuart, it was good to see you and that small @ssed wife, Jane. :hysterical:. It was good to talking to you CaptainBob, AKA "1/4 mile master. Ed, Ivy and Bob, the Kitsap clan, Scott it was good talking with you, I'm glad you're doing OK. I hope I didn't forget anybody, except for Rick who left early, without his hardware. I think you might have won something.

I really love hanging out with my extended Shelby family, a great group of people.

So lets all of us NW Shelbypeople make a good showing for the 2010 Round up, which is also the MCA Grand Nationals. If we're lucky, SAI could be there. Amy, Roger, Robert.....hint, hint, hint. We have to out do the Saleen crowd.

Talk to you all soon,

Dave and Sherri

Well round up is officially over. Unfortunately we were outnumbered by the Saleens 10 to 1. About 25 late model Shelbys were there. Next year we need a little better Shelby turnout. Unfortunately the overall turn out was down, due to the economy.

It was great meeting up with some old friends and meeting new ones. Lance probably had the long distance traveled for the Shelby group, he's probably still driving as I type. He had a little side detour with Chris(I want my cut) for another exhaust. LOL How many does that make Lance. Leon next time I don't want to hear, "I can't get the car out of the garage". Stuart, it was good to see you and that small @ssed wife, Jane. :hysterical:. It was good to talking to you CaptainBob, AKA "1/4 mile master. Ed, Ivy and Bob, the Kitsap clan, Scott it was good talking with you, I'm glad you're doing OK. I hope I didn't forget anybody, except for Rick who left early, without his hardware. I think you might have won something.

I really love hanging out with my extended Shelby family, a great group of people.

So lets all of us NW Shelbypeople make a good showing for the 2010 Round up, which is also the MCA Grand Nationals. If we're lucky, SAI could be there. Amy, Roger, Robert.....hint, hint, hint. We have to out do the Saleen crowd.

Talk to you all soon,

Dave and Sherri

Hey there Dave, it was great to meet you. Probobly should of stuck around but I had some honey-dos to get to. Great event, lots of great cars and owners. We'll see ya down the road I'm sure.

Rick

What a blast! Just got home a bit ago and wolfed down some pizza, now I'm trying to unwind a bit... The number of cars at the Round-up is just staggering, and there were some really quality rides on display. And seeing so many familiar faces is great fun too. Dave, always a pleasure to hang out with you, and you're a lucky man to have a wife who enjoys the scene too! Brian ( Five Oh B ), it was great to talk to you again. You were missed at the Grabberville gathering, but I'm glad your pony is back on the road. CaptainBob, it was nice to meet you in person! And of course Chris, thanks again for the sweet Borla mufflers, and for your hospitality! This will only be my 4th exhaust set-up, including the stock one, so I don't wanna hear anymore outta you, Dave! :finger: Besides, everybody heard me whining at Grabber's that I hated the drone, hopefully these will take care of it. I'll keep ya posted.

Anybody who didn't make it, you missed a great event. I'll definitely be there next year, but most likely not in my Shelby. I'll hopefully be bringing home the hardware in my '78 King Cobra.

Oh, one quick gripe: What's with drivers around Seattle? I mean, it's a law in your state to keep right except to pass. Does everyone there think right means left? Despite the law, I've never driven anywhere else in this country with so many people moseying along in the fast lanes. WTF?

Archived