TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How long can this go on

cknight

My car has been on order since March is still on material hold according to Ford and the dealership. It was ordered from a GT Qualified Dealer. It seems he had several cars on order with a Priority 10 status and about a month ago his rep told him he needed to change all to a lower priority and leave the car he wanted this year as a Priority 10. According to my contact at the dealership, he did this making my car the Priority 10 car.

I understand it takes about 2 months from the time the order is pulled until the car arrives. If this is the case and assuming I am going to get one of the last cars built ( just my luck ) when should I expect this car to be released from material hold and the build process to start?

Also, what ever happened to the allocation procedure where all dealers receive one car before the SVT and PA dealers received there second car? I know one dealer in this area that has already received two and the third car is scheduled for delivery.

Chris

cknight, you are not alone. I ordered in March and I'm still on material hold (no VIN). I ordered from a tiny dealer out in the sticks. I'm getting their first and only Shelby. According to a letter from the regional director, Ford conducted a lottery for small dealers, and my dealer got a poor drawing...Q2, 2007 estimated build. According to Ralph at Ford, my situation is not unusual.

The factors in setting build priority according to Ralph are 1) previous SVT status, 2) President's Award wins, and 3) Mustang sales. My dealer is a non-SVT, non-PA dealer that sells only one or two mustangs per year. VERY low priority.

All I can tell you is to be patient (unlike me) :headspin:

cknight, you are not alone. I ordered in March and I'm still on material hold (no VIN). I ordered from a tiny dealer out in the sticks. I'm getting their first and only Shelby. According to a letter from the regional director, Ford conducted a lottery for small dealers, and my dealer got a poor drawing...Q2, 2007 estimated build. According to Ralph at Ford, my situation is not unusual.

The factors in setting build priority according to Ralph are 1) previous SVT status, 2) President's Award wins, and 3) Mustang sales. My dealer is a non-SVT, non-PA dealer that sells only one or two mustangs per year. VERY low priority.

All I can tell you is to be patient (unlike me) :headspin:

I am in the same boat as rpretzel, except my build date is Q1. It's winter anyways. That's one way to look at it.

We need to make sure cknight is on Dave's material hold list. Did anyone find that list yet? Maybe it should be sticky.

Dave has been to busy feeding the sheep to keep that list updated. I think he needs a good firm talkin. :hysterical:

I am on a list here on this board somewhere. I do have the shaker 1000 but the car is a coupe so that should not matter. At this time I have no vin.

The dealer is quite small and between March and now has changed ownership. I am being told, my deal on the car has not changed. The ownership change could be playing a part in this as the new owner has no real history with Ford. My guess is the local rep is making sure he is keeping his other dealers as happy as he can, this guy is not pressuring him and as we all know, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

A vin would sure be a nice Christmas Present.

Chris

Keep your chin up, Chris. It'll come. I have found that buying parts and accessories really dulls the pain. You might want to give it a try.

I bought new cobra floormats a couple of months ago.

I'm waiting on a price quote for new Bassani axle-backs

Just submitted a RFQ for my new garage floor last night (www.racedeck.com) :happy feet:

My wife thinks I'm nuts, but that's OK. :headspin:

Keep your chin up, Chris. It'll come. I have found that buying parts and accessories really dulls the pain. You might want to give it a try.

I bought new cobra floormats a couple of months ago.

I'm waiting on a price quote for new Bassani axle-backs

Just submitted a RFQ for my new garage floor last night (www.racedeck.com) :happy feet:

My wife thinks I'm nuts, but that's OK. :headspin:

acorn boy told me your wife is a smart woman. :hysterical:

Archived