TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1-2 shift

Wilson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lettter should end with an apology..... Sorry for being Absolutely WORTHLESS !!!!! :censored:

Ok this has happened to me three times and i have over 1000 miles on my 2010 svt gt500.

2 out of 3 times when I'm shifting between 1st and 2nd ...it grinds and is very very hard to pull into 2nd even with Clutch all the way in and foot completely off accelerator.... Simply can't be done.

If I shift around 5 k then it's ok.

The only way to avoid it is to engage the clutch....letting off the accelerator, and let the rpm drop below 5 k, then shift.

Hhhmmmmm?????

Ok this has happened to me three times and i have over 1000 miles on my 2010 svt gt500.

2 out of 3 times when I'm shifting between 1st and 2nd around 6 k...it grinds and is very very hard to pull into 2nd even with Clutch all the way in and foot completely off accelerator.... Simply can't be done.

If I shift around 5 k then it's ok.

The only way to avoid it is to engage the clutch....letting off the accelerator, and let the rpm drop below 5 k, then shift.

Hhhmmmmm?????

Can you test this in an incline/decline situation? I've been thinking about this and every place I've tested a max RPM second shift has been in a slight decline or slight incline stretch, on the incline I've got no grinding but on the decline I grinded both times.....

Right after the grind on the decline I tried it again on an onramp (incline) and it went smoothly into second at max RPM. Maybe it wasn't my focusing on my shift technique as much as that?

Don't know I'm grasping at straws here.

When will Ford realize that kicking back to the dealers PISSES PEOPLE OFF? Is Ford aware that 99.9% of their dealer network are arrogant, incompetent A-holes? I went through hell with my car, finally got lucky and took it to a dealer with a really nice TS member mechanic. Ford needs to pull its collective head out of the sand and FIX its dealer network and teach novel concepts like "customer service" and "professionalism".

Ford is totally clueless. I bought my car at the worst dealer I have ever dealt with, Drew Ford in San Diego. I detailed my experiences on my Customer Satisfaction Survey. Ford awards the dealer their top award for 2009. Shows they read those surveys.

Hmm. No issues with that for me, but i rarely shift above 6K. from 1-2. I think i'll give it a go today to see tho... with my shifting pattern the only problem i'm having is my elbow hitting my drink cup so, no more drink cup in the drink holder.

If you rarely shift above 6k you will not have the issue.

I have a feeling that Ford is aware of the problem. Tremec has already re-designed the TR6060's syncro's for the 2011 'vette. Maybe we will see that in the GT500 now? Hope so.

I hope so, too. I was informed my '11 GT500 has been produced and in the process of being shipped. It would unfortunate to have any unnecessay tranny/clutch problems with this car.

I wonder if Evan Smith had any trouble with the 1-2 shift while drag testing the '11 model? I doubt that he did. But, that's Evan. He's like the 'Billy Glidden' of MM&FF. salute.gif

Well he did state on the 2010 test running 11's fully stock, that it seemed the car didn't like powershifting (or he said hard shifting) 2nd. He mentioned maybe the tranny couldn't handle the power, something of that nature. So I doubt he had trouble in the 2011 with the 1-2 shift or he probably would of said something simlar to his strip run with the stock 2010. What is truely puzzling to me is some 10's and some 11's have it and some don't. I haven't seen anything where Ford changed parts or installation techniques during these productions. headscratch.gif

I found 1 of his articles, but I'm not sure this is the one where he mentions about 2nd gear: http://www.musclemus...test/index.html

When will Ford realize that kicking back to the dealers PISSES PEOPLE OFF? Is Ford aware that 99.9% of their dealer network are arrogant, incompetent A-holes? I went through hell with my car, finally got lucky and took it to a dealer with a really nice TS member mechanic. Ford needs to pull its collective head out of the sand and FIX its dealer network and teach novel concepts like "customer service" and "professionalism".

Ford is totally clueless. I bought my car at the worst dealer I have ever dealt with, Drew Ford in San Diego. I detailed my experiences on my Customer Satisfaction Survey. Ford awards the dealer their top award for 2009. Shows they read those surveys.

Ford takes those surveys very seriously. problem is they send you a survey a few days after you bought the car while everyone is still happy. Have to remember a larger dealer will sell a lot more normal cars than Shelbys, I'm sure most dealers dread working on these things to begin with because the owners are lot more picky overall than someone who buys a Taurus. I wont take my car to dealer unless its a serious issue or high dollar parts are involved, 9 times out of 10 they make the problems worse unless its a recall or TSB item.

Ford takes those surveys very seriously. problem is they send you a survey a few days after you bought the car while everyone is still happy. Have to remember a larger dealer will sell a lot more normal cars than Shelbys, I'm sure most dealers dread working on these things to begin with because the owners are lot more picky overall than someone who buys a Taurus. I wont take my car to dealer unless its a serious issue or high dollar parts are involved, 9 times out of 10 they make the problems worse unless its a recall or TSB item.

That is why you build a relationship with the dealership staff. In my area, there are good, and bad dealerships. There are good tech's, and bad tech's. The local chevy dealership is awesome, though. They have worked on my car for free in the past, kept it overnight, etc. I got it back with the seats how I left them (position), no new dings, etc. and they were all very polite. The dealership standard is 1 customer, 1 tech, on high-end cars. That means ONE person will work on your car, not 3 or 4. I REALLY like that.

I don't have experience with the local Ford dealership like that, but the sales rep I am talking to there (The 2012 GT500 has renewed my interest in it vs. the chebby. I honestly just love how they look.) I used to work with. He has told me all about their service dept, etc. and it sounds good. Considering he is a former co-worker, I am inclined to belive him.

However, some dealerships are just crap. Avoid those. Like the plague.

Alright guys. I was able to talk with a Ford person today. He said they do not have a TSB or many problems with this tranny. So if your waiting thinking Ford is going to issue a TSB, your wrong. You need to take your car in to the dealer and have it fixed. Why would Ford fix 10,000 cars when only 200 have problems. Mine is going in this week and I will be taking the tranny guy for a ride. Or you can sit back and not enjoy your car.

Alright guys. I was able to talk with a Ford person today. He said they do not have a TSB or many problems with this tranny. So if your waiting thinking Ford is going to issue a TSB, your wrong. You need to take your car in to the dealer and have it fixed. Why would Ford fix 10,000 cars when only 200 have problems. Mine is going in this week and I will be taking the tranny guy for a ride. Or you can sit back and not enjoy your car.

I haven't experienced grinding in 1-2 shifts. What I have experienced is under WOT I occasionally can't get the car into the next gear especially 4th and 5th. It just won't go into gear and I have to ease on the throttle and go back to the lower gear. Anyone else experience this?

Issuing a TSB doesn't require them to fix 10,000 cars. It only is a fix rather then letting them experiment at the dealership. You can't tell me that Ford doesn't know about this problem since it's known in other cars. I brought my car to the dealer . All they could offer was tearing into my tranny to get pictures...no thanks !

Issuing a TSB doesn't require them to fix 10,000 cars. It only is a fix rather then letting them experiment at the dealership. You can't tell me that Ford doesn't know about this problem since it's known in other cars. I brought my car to the dealer . All they could offer was tearing into my tranny to get pictures...no thanks !

So with your reasoning and action, if everyone of us does the same thing and has Ford do nothing you think they will issue a TSB to fix all 2010 and 2011 cars with problems? If all of us do the same as you Ford will never have to fix it because there is no problem.

Not me dude, I will sell this car if its not fixed and I'm not going to wait two years for a TSB to come out. That and if you dont let them try to fix it within the first 12 months of owership your chances for a lemon law will be far lower. I bought this car to enjoy, and right now its just pissing me off. This car was hard to get and has offered little fun due to this problem.

Are you Afraid they are going to break your transmission? Mine is already broken, I dont think it can get much worse.

Didn't you say on SVTP that it was Ford/SVT engineers that were requesting you bring the car back in? Heavens, I wouldn't want to take my car in for that BS either. :banghead:

Better just to bitch about it on the internet I guess than to actually do something about the problem. :redcard:

People need to start posting reviews on C&D, R&T edmunds, etc and maybe it will get noticed. Someone start a review on one of the more mainstream sites and post of a link, if 50 different people post a bad review than maybe someone will notice.

Downside to that is you could possibly make your car very hard to sell in the future, thats probably the main reason some people wont take it on or say anything..

Didn't you say on SVTP that it was Ford/SVT engineers that were requesting you bring the car back in? Heavens, I wouldn't want to take my car in for that BS either. :banghead:

Better just to bitch about it on the internet I guess than to actually do something about the problem. :redcard:

There's no bitching here so take it how you want. I don't have the time to bring my car to a dealership while a bunch of tech's sit around and scratch there heads like a bunch if monkeys especially when Ford is playing dumb !

I told the plant engineer he should be looking into this instead of spying on me today during my call.

I hope so I have an appointment to take mine it on Friday, my father-in-law is taking his 2011 in as well. I just hope the car doesn't have to sit there for long, I worry it will be damaged.

I have had Problems shifting from 1-2 gear, in my 2011 Gt500 Shelby, @ high RPM's close to the rev limiter or @ the limiter, I have approx. 3500 km's racked up.

My buddies are are having issues as well, one professionally races, (i also did),

My buddy Called Tremec, they are one of his sponsors and they recommended changing out the brass synchronizers with carbon fiber, slows the syncro's down faster for some reason, thats all I know right now, I have only grinded 4 or 5 times, but I know I didn't miss! :shift:

I haven't sent back my Satisfaction card from ford yet, i will mention this on it, as for the rest of the car I am completely satisfied.

i have also had someone tell me that it may be in the motor mounts and gear box mounts, but i don't know about that one~ :headscratch:

Archived