TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1-2 shift

Wilson

I definately would if I had the time to deal with their crap and horrible customer service. I knew it would be a worthless fight when the SVT rep advised me to move my seat up.

So now they want you to drive like your racing and not just cruisin'? Sounds sorta contradictory...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody driving these cars the way they were intended to be driven are having the same issue! The only ones that are not having this issue are your " I don't go fast " people. Regards, denohew

How many times have you had your car down the 1/4 mile?

Been doing runs down my private " paved " runway down here in South Texas. I would say about 10 runs to my quarter mile mark but I am now scared that I am going to implode something internally. So now I am just going to take it easy until you " mods " figure it out. No TSB at my dealership. The pull it toward your hip thing seems to work for now. This thread is to long and has WAY to many complaints about the same problem. I am positive this is not a driver problem, regards, denohew

What has the 1/4 mile got to do with it? I prefer spirited driving in the hills, catching some curves, keeping the R's in the zone. This, sometimes, means shifting up and down, 1-2-1-2-3-2, at speeds between 30-90. And I have ground three times.

The 1/4 mile shows great power potential however, these cars handle surprisingly well. Just doing a straight line, IMO, is not taking them to the full limit. Get on a curve at speed and miss that shift and you will shift (take out the "f") your pants...

What has the 1/4 mile got to do with it? I prefer spirited driving in the hills, catching some curves, keeping the R's in the zone. This, sometimes, means shifting up and down, 1-2-1-2-3-2, at speeds between 30-90. And I have ground three times.

The 1/4 mile shows great power potential however, these cars handle surprisingly well. Just doing a straight line, IMO, is not taking them to the full limit. Get on a curve at speed and miss that shift and you will shift (take out the "f") your pants...

I asked a pretty simple question. Usually in that situation, (full-on hard acceleration to redline running down the 1/4 mile) if you have the "grind" problem, that's the place it will rear it's ugly head.

There's obviously a problem here, there's no disputing that fact. But there's plenty of cars that DON'T have the problem, and it has nothing to do with if you are "driving it like you're supposed to" or not. I've been racing my car with regularity, I probably have 150 more horsepower than many of you and I run the stock shifter. I shift at redline. I don't have the issue.

Some of you guys post some entertaining stuff... if you get 24.5 MPG on the highway, the answer is "you aren't driving it right" . If you properly let your clutch and flywheel seat before you beat on the car, and then don't have any grind problems, you aren't driving it right...

I asked a pretty simple question. Usually in that situation, (full-on hard acceleration to redline running down the 1/4 mile) if you have the "grind" problem, that's the place it will rear it's ugly head.

There's obviously a problem here, there's no disputing that fact. But there's plenty of cars that DON'T have the problem, and it has nothing to do with if you are "driving it like you're supposed to" or not. I've been racing my car with regularity, I probably have 150 more horsepower than many of you and I run the stock shifter. I shift at redline. I don't have the issue.

Some of you guys post some entertaining stuff... if you get 24.5 MPG on the highway, the answer is "you aren't driving it right" . If you properly let your clutch and flywheel seat before you beat on the car, and then don't have any grind problems, you aren't driving it right...

A Right ! Let's not get carried away. Everyone has their own opinions.

I've got it as well, 1-2 gear refusal as well as 5th gear refusal under hard accel. My dealer told me that they dont have a really good transmission tech and that they might have to send it out to a transmission shop. How freakin rediculous is this.

Does anyone have a good # to contact Lynn Buckman @ Ford, I want to point the service manager to the right people @ Ford.

I've got it as well, 1-2 gear refusal as well as 5th gear refusal under hard accel. My dealer told me that they dont have a really good transmission tech and that they might have to send it out to a transmission shop. How freakin rediculous is this.

Does anyone have a good # to contact Lynn Buckman @ Ford, I want to point the service manager to the right people @ Ford.

You have a PM

My MGW shifter in my 2010 GT500 shifts perfect just like my Hurst in my 2008 Shelby GT. The one thing I notice, no matter what car I drive you are not driving a Nissan pickup sloppy shifting and all you need to pay attention when mastering 500+ HP and get in the gear. When I drive I drive it like I'm at the track to win paying attention to everyting not just looking around showing off. The shifters make sure that happens. The stock shifter is just too long a throw and too cushy feeling to know you have the gear and that is one thing I feel leads to the grind and ultimate failure of 2nd gear in the new GT500. The clutch is fine in these cars and yes there could be a transmission synchro issue just no one has nailed that down. I wish I had the shifter in the first place but they were not out yet back then. At least my transmission is hand built and the shifter is replaced, so other than mastering the car I should be set.

Archived