TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Five Oh B's GT is sporting two-tone paint

Five Oh B

What do you think? White over alloy gray...

post-2549-1164747077_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1164747104_thumb.jpg

If you watched Monday Night Football last night, you saw the Seahawks beat the Packers in the snow here in Seattle. I watched the game from home (luckily) and took these pics of my GT last night. Over 6 inches of snow fell in a couple hours! Some spectators at the game in Seattle were still struggling to get home this morning! Ice and snow everywhere.

I hope the people handle the driving in that stuff better there than here in VA.

Well, considering that a lot of Californians have relocated up here, then NO.

We only had a trace here in Vancouver, WA last night. Looks like you got to stay home ?

Today was my normal day off work. Shirley had previously arranged to take today off work so we could do all of our Xmas shopping together, but too many places are closed today. We actually just got back from a little joy ride around town in her Escape 4x4. Went right through the snow and ice just fine without slipping a tire. Passed a couple hundred cars that had been abandoned on the side of the road!

Rob, sorry you didn't much snow down there. It's really beautiful up here. Nice blue skies out today, but only 25 degrees...

Maybe I should put the GT in the garage tonight? I have to work tomorrow, but the chains are in the trunk just in case I need them!

Wow,

Looks about like a 300hp snowplow. :hysterical:

Oh man, I should have bought a CDC front chin spoiler. Then it would have literally been a 300hp snowplow!

What it looks like to me is.......TIME TO PUT HER AWAY FOR AWHILE Thats the toughest part of living in snow country

Oh, I love driving in the snow. I've been doing it for 25 years. It's actually more entertaining to drift in the snow (or rain) than on dry pavement, and it's easier on tires and stuff (unless you drift into oncoming traffic, trees, ditches, etc.). I'll be driving the GT daily all winter. They don't salt the roads up here, so no rust worries.

Cool!

Better you than me!

I paid my dues, brother.

I think I'd get a beater if I still lived Up North. :hyper:

The wife and I work together, so we can car pool in this stuff. I guess that makes her car the winter beater (don't tell her I said that).

What elevation is Kent? It looks pretty close to the Sound and I'm surprised that there was that much of a difference in snow between Kent and Vancouver. From my 80 degree vantage point that snow sure does look pretty but I hope we won't get any because the new ride should get here the week before Christmas!

What elevation is Kent? It looks pretty close to the Sound and I'm surprised that there was that much of a difference in snow between Kent and Vancouver. From my 80 degree vantage point that snow sure does look pretty but I hope we won't get any because the new ride should get here the week before Christmas!

Kent is only a few hundred feet above sea level. Our house is up on a hill and overlooks the Green River Valley (yes, the same Green River Valley where Gary Ridgeway - aka the Green River Killer - dumped dozens of his victims 20 years ago). The reason we got snow and Vancouver, WA didn't (where Rob is), was because the snow moved from the North (cold arctic air) from Canada and work its way south. Northern Washington (i.e. Bellingham) got well over a foot of snow. Seattle/Tacoma and surrounding lowlands got about half a foot of snow. Anything south of the metro area got very little as the Arctic chill didn't push far enough south.

Looks like the snow (and compound ice) is here for a few days as we won't be above freezing temps for awhile (it' bright and sunny, nothing but blue skies now, but in the 20's). Oh well, I can work from home if need be and I just delivered our 3rd Shelby GT500 last week so nothing really important to do for awhile.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 28 2006, 04:53 PM) 67815[/snapback]

What do you think? White over alloy gray...

If you watched Monday Night Football last night, you saw the Seahawks beat the Packers in the snow here in Seattle. I watched the game from home (luckily) and took these pics of my GT last night. Over 6 inches of snow fell in a couple hours! Some spectators at the game in Seattle were still struggling to get home this morning! Ice and snow everywhere.

That great looking mustang needs a car cover ,,,,,,,,,,,,

What I want to know is why didn't the Seahawks close the dome up? What, do they think that the snow gives them an advantage? Against Green Bay?

Its friggin 60 degrees in Michigan here, I thought I would be in the Christmas mood by now :banghead::hysterical: ....maybe I will move to Washington?

The weather has sure been weird.

It snowed in Orlando a couple of days ago and it's been 50s here in upstate NY -- gona be 65 tomorrow and 67 Thursday! Go figure! Then, next week, it will plunge to the 20s/30s!

But the snow sure is pretty -- it's with us here from now through spring (usually ;-)

That two-tone is nice FiveOhB ;)

That great looking mustang needs a car cover ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oh, I've got a car cover (a 2-car garage), but I'm often too lazy to park inside the garage. It's a tight fit in the garage to open the car doors.

That explains it - Vancouver, Washington must not be next door to Vancouver, British Columbia

Vancouver BC is 100 miles north of Seattle. Vancouver WA is about 150 miles south of Seattle. It's funny how often people think they are the same city (not you, of course, but many others).

What I want to know is why didn't the Seahawks close the dome up? What, do they think that the snow gives them an advantage? Against Green Bay?

The new Seahawks Stadium is an open stadium. It does not have a retractable roof like the Seattle Mariners have at Safeco Field. The turf is made of a substance that stays grippy, even when wet or covered in snow. But, there were a lot of cold, slippery fingers missing passes and such (we gave up a bunch of turnovers, but still managed to win - go figure!). Not sure if we deserve to go to the SuperBowl again this year, but we're leading our division somehow.

Its friggin 60 degrees in Michigan here, I thought I would be in the Christmas mood by now :banghead::hysterical: ....maybe I will move to Washington?

Sorry, there's no more room in Washington. Too many Californians moved here over the last 10 years, drove up housing prices, and took all the high-tech jobs. Sorry.

Sure hope you get some snow by Christmas to get you in the holiday spirit, though!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 28 2006, 11:27 PM) 68134[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Sorry, there's no more room in Washington. Too many Californians moved here over the last 10 years, drove up housing prices, and took all the high-tech jobs. Sorry.

This sentiment existed the last time that I vacationed in WA in 1990. Trust me, you don't want to live in Seattle, I've done the research when I interviewed with Amazon. Average 50 days a year of sunshine (dawn to dusk). San Diego? 180. Nice place to visit in August. You can keep the rest of the year there.

I found a school district there that not only had a very high SAT average (1200+), but also a huge gang violence issue. Go figure...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 28 2006, 11:27 PM) 68134[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

This sentiment existed the last time that I vacationed in WA in 1990. Trust me, you don't want to live in Seattle, I've done the research when I interviewed with Amazon. Average 50 days a year of sunshine (dawn to dusk). San Diego? 180. Nice place to visit in August. You can keep the rest of the year there.

I found a school district there that not only had a very high SAT average (1200+), but also a huge gang violence issue. Go figure...

Any big city will have its problems, and most public schools have issues. You can get away to the out skirts of most towns where I live and the farm land is abundant still. Private schools are a great option for those who want there kids to be able to say the pledge of allegance and say a prayer ,and have class sizes of 15 or 20 like the old days. It seems that the public schools no longer believe in "one nation under God" anymore. The money it costs is well worth it; you only get one chance to raise your kids.

Our springs and summers and falls are what makes this area nice. We have more than 50 days of dry a year in the Portland / Vancouver area. I have lived here 45 years, and your 50 figure is off. Our region is lush and green. I would not trade it for anything. I worked in Jan Jose last year for the 1st time, and WOW, I was shocked. I quess it was not what I was used too.

Any big city will have its problems, and most public schools have issues. You can get away to the out skirts of most towns where I live and the farm land is abundant still. Private schools are a great option for those who want there kids to be able to say the pledge of allegance and say a prayer ,and have class sizes of 15 or 20 like the old days. It seems that the public schools no longer believe in "one nation under God" anymore. The money it costs is well worth it; you only get one chance to raise your kids.

Our springs and summers and falls are what makes this area nice. We have more than 50 days of dry a year in the Portland / Vancouver area. I have lived here 45 years, and your 50 figure is off. Our region is lush and green. I would not trade it for anything. I worked in Jan Jose last year for the 1st time, and WOW, I was shocked. I quess it was not what I was used too.

I agree with you even with my limited time on the west coast. Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I found Washington (the state, not the capitol) to be quite nice. San Jose, and to be honest, most of the California cities I have been to pretty much sucked to me! I never made it to San Diego though, that could be nice. I am not anti-foriegner (my wife is a filipina), but it seems like you have to learn to be fluent in Spanish in many California cities. Chicago is getting that way also, whole neighborhoods where you have spanish at the bank, stores, restaurants, even fast food right on the signs in Spanish????? My main beef is that if I go to a country to live, I will learn the language. The last time I checked our language is still English, I think anyway??? My wife speaks perfect English, and she grew up in the Philippines for 17 years, so I don't have any patience for Spanish speakers who come here and cannot get by unless they are using Spanish. Guess I am off topic now, hope I don't get banned. :hysterical2: P.S. I know my spelling sucks, please forgive me

I agree with you even with my limited time on the west coast. Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but I found Washington (the state, not the capitol) to be quite nice. San Jose, and to be honest, most of the California cities I have been to pretty much sucked to me! I never made it to San Diego though, that could be nice. I am not anti-foriegner (my wife is a filipina), but it seems like you have to learn to be fluent in Spanish in many California cities. Chicago is getting that way also, whole neighborhoods where you have spanish at the bank, stores, restaurants, even fast food right on the signs in Spanish????? My main beef is that if I go to a country to live, I will learn the language. The last time I checked our language is still English, I think anyway??? My wife speaks perfect English, and she grew up in the Philippines for 17 years, so I don't have any patience for Spanish speakers who come here and cannot get by unless they are using Spanish. Guess I am off topic now, hope I don't get banned. :hysterical2: P.S. I know my spelling sucks, please forgive me

Thanks for saying what many of us are already thinking. In addition to speaking English, I trust your wife can speak some Spanish, as it is very similar to Tagalag which is commonly spoken in the Phillipines (which was once inhabited by Spanish explorers and settlers).

And, yes, English is still the official language in our country, but so much signage everywhere is now in multiple languages. My wife's parents immigrated here from Holland in 1961. First thing they did was learn English (more than they had already studied in school in the Netherlands). I'm really sick and tired of trying to cater to non-English speaking people in our country. If I moved abroad, I would do so with the understanding that I'd need to learn their language, so I expect the same here.

Don't get me wrong, though, I love the Spanish language. Espanol es una idioma muy bonita! Leo y escrito Espanol, pero solo hablo un poquito Espanol.

I've got nothing against California. Nice place to visit and vacation. But, we've had a huge influx of Californians here due to all the high tech jobs over the last decade. Housing is no longer affordable here, and it keeps getting worse. The Seattle/Tacoma area is one of the most overpriced housing markets according to recent studies. On the flip side, if we ever sell our house, we can get a fortune more than we paid for it, but I fear our children won't be able to afford to buy a house when they are grown if house prices keep outpacing income.

ummm...is it me? Or is that a GARAGE behind your car?..... :finger:

I told you, I'm just to plain lazy to park in the garage. Actually, I'm trying to get some pictures for the Mustang Pic contest thread. Will I win on pure stupidity and Mustang abuse alone?

Okay fess up ...you just bought a snow machine for kicks and decided to try it out!!! :hysterical2: Hey Bryan its 70 degrees in Va. Beach today.....probably be 40 in two days. Have some fun in the snow! Your never too old.

Snow machine? That would be cool! (pun intended). Snow should be gone by morning - it's pouring down rain right now (but only 35 degrees outside, so I guess I might wake up to more snow over a sheet of ice).

Do they allow studded snow tires out there? I used them in CT - nothing better.

We can used studded snow tires (I just mounted a set of four for my mom this morning on her Windstar, but had to use my wife's 4x4 to make the trip to mom's place). However, most winters we get zero snow here in Seattle, so this is a rare winter for us. Buying dedicated snow tires/wheels doesn't make economic sense around here.

We are suppose to have a ice storm tonight around 10pm. Lows 24 with rain.

Fun drive to work here in Vancouver, Washington in the morning.

Stay safe, Rob! There's a lot of black ice, and frozen rain here, plus the winds are from the North, so I'm sure it's heading your way.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 29 2006, 09:37 PM) 68721[/snapback]

Stay safe, Rob! There's a lot of black ice, and frozen rain here, plus the winds are from the North, so I'm sure it's heading your way.

It is 32 here right now. If it drops one more degree and rains like it is suppose to, it will be tough to make it to work in the morning. We will see !

Archived