TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What gas mileage do you get with your Super Charger?

Honestly if you drive it "normal" the gas milage (at least with the whipple) seems to be the same as it was before it was supercharged. only when that boost gauge starts dancing does the gas mileage really suffer... but thats the fun part :yahoo:

Agreed :happy feet: :happy feet:

Driving back to San Diego from Willow Springs Raceway (where we got 7.8 mpg on the track), I got 24 mpg at about 70 mph average. After thrashing it around a racetrack for two days, it was not hard to drive the speed limit on the way home (especially with the ever present Highway Patrol).

Jim

Heavy foot at the track, 9.

You get 9? Well, that's it then. The Whipple offically wins the gas mileage award for the track over the KB or maybe Roger you need to get a heavier foot on the track. ;) We can compare in January on the same track at the same time.

Jim

Steady highway at 70 avg. 24-26. 80 mph. around 22-23. In town usually 17 at best. Heavy foot at the track, 9.

That's great! If you get cams installed, you can reduce your MPG by 3 or so and not really get that much additional power. Of course, the sound is great with the cams.

I'm just gonna have to save up for the Whipple SC, period.

I'm getting 16 with about 65% highway 35% city driving and a fairly light foot. I have the Saleen with a JDM tune and the automatic tranny and a heavier convertible but it should be very similar to the Whipple. The most noticeable aspect of the JDM tune is the shift points are higher.

My mileage always decreases about 1-2 mpg in the summer because we are forced to go to a 10% ethanol blend due to EPA regulations.

its really hard to drive it normal.. :happy feet: i get about the same on the hwy and when i drive it normal, but its just too fun to drive it normal. I like to see people turn around when i punch it. But yeah, if you drive it normal you will get about the same gas mileage.

I have to agree with most that I never really paid much mind to it. I'm more concerned about getting quality gas than where it's going. If I had to guess an average drive boost and no boost just goofing around, probably about 17 with the Whipple set up. :shift:

I never really paid much attention to it really,,I mean you know how it is when tunnelvision is blurring the road, milliage really is an after thought, its the slow chevelle that is keeping me amused at the time, or the GTO.. why is it that GM's (Generic Motors) always seem to digest better in the morning than mopars? Oh shoot, I know why, Mopars are fast..never mind..

:drool:

GNB

Archived