TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT FAQ

crispy23c

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crispy,

Is it the premium fuel or is it the new standards in the EPA testing? The new standards with combined with the 3.55 rear may have caused a poor result.

Thinking about it, you are probably right....

Is it 100 % that the car will not be in canada :rant::cry:

From what I have heard, correct. Maybe it's a homologation issue. Have you checked with your SVT dealers? My assumption would be that they would be the most up-to-date on this. If you do, please let us know and I'll post it to the FAQ.

....I don't recall where and maybe I dreampt it but I thought I read a post from somebody that said the Shelby GT wouldn't pass crash test in Canada because of the ride height or bumper height...I am not certain but I am pretty sure I read that.

....I don't recall where and maybe I dreampt it but I thought I read a post from somebody that said the Shelby GT wouldn't pass crash test in Canada because of the ride height or bumper height...I am not certain but I am pretty sure I read that.

Don't know.

BTW, price adjusted in FAQ (now $35,970 + $1,000 GG Tax)...

Q: What will be the cost of the Shelby GT?

A: Estimated package price is around $35,970 plus $1,000 gas guzzler tax.

Just want to clarify for you all that at $36,970 you are getting a Deluxe Mustang GT turned into a Shelby GT with a cloth interior and manual transmission without any optional factory stuff (i.e. Interior Upgrade Package).

Our first Shelby GT is a Premium Mustang GT in black with the leather interior, manual transmission, and optional Interior Upgrade Package. MSRP for our car is $38,540. Car has already been bucked and should hopefully be an early car (late January or February?). We have no idea how to price it yet, nor are we reserving it for anyone. We're gonna wait until the car arrives to figure out what to do with it.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Dec 22 2006, 03:35 PM) 77757[/snapback]

Q: What will be the cost of the Shelby GT?

A: Estimated package price is around $35,970 plus $1,000 gas guzzler tax.

Just want to clarify for you all that at $36,970 you are getting a Deluxe Mustang GT turned into a Shelby GT with a cloth interior and manual transmission without any optional factory stuff (i.e. Interior Upgrade Package).

Our first Shelby GT is a Premium Mustang GT in black with the leather interior, manual transmission, and optional Interior Upgrade Package. MSRP for our car is $38,540. Car has already been bucked and should hopefully be an early car (late January or February?). We have no idea how to price it yet, nor are we reserving it for anyone. We're gonna wait until the car arrives to figure out what to do with it.

:idea: ..um MSRP!

Five oh, j/k I know you have been helpful and it isn't your call. :redcard:

Thanks, Five Oh B-- I'll specify that in the FAQ to reduce any possibility of confusion. You know how it is...you read it, you know it, and you assume everyone else will see it the same way you do.

Hey, socaljafo-- you might be onto something with that MSRP thing! Mebbe someday it will catch on! :hysterical:

Hey, socaljafo-- you might be onto something with that MSRP thing! Mebbe someday it will catch on! :hysterical:

Who knows, we might set MSRP as our price - maybe lower, maybe higher - the owner here wants to wait until they arrive to better gauge pricing that will please the customer and us. Our early thoughts are that ADM's will be much less than the GT500's, especially considering the performance discepancies between the two cars.

I'm sure that the Shelby GT is a very nicely balanced Mustang, but is it $10,500 or so "better" than a Mustang GT (MSRP to MSRP)? And is the GT500 only $5,000 or so "better" than a Shelby GT (MSRP to MSRP)?

Someone else here mentioned that RUF was onto something (value-wise, at least) about taking a plain-jane Mustang GT and creating his own car. RUF's car will likely whoop a stock Shelby GT in most (if not all) performance categories, and for comparable (or less) money. I'm going the same route with my 07 Mustang GT. Modding it to my liking and likely ending up with a better performer in the end. However, many people like a turnkey product and have a deep respect for the Shelby name and legacy. That's more than enough justification to consider buying a Shelby GT for many people. Ultimately, neither route is better, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Market right now, from what I've seen, is generally MSRP to around $1k-$2k over. Of course, that could change with the auction results from serial #0001 being auctioned through Barrett-Jackson for the Shelby Heart Fund. We'll have to wait & see.

Most places I called in the Southeast, about 14 of them, were ALL asking 5K over already!! So I think the stupidity could get worse depending on the auction.

:finger:

Most places I called in the Southeast, about 14 of them, were ALL asking 5K over already!! So I think the stupidity could get worse depending on the auction.

:finger:

Not disagreein', but alot of folks have posted MSRP deals. The question becomes: At what price is this overpriced?

As for me, MSRP seems right. I'm afraid that at $5k over, the dealers might be pricing themselves out of market, as this GT to me would seem to be......too pricey (there, I rhymed) at $41,900 base & ADM price.

JMO, but you, me & everyone else in the free world knows that Barrett-Jackson will get the dealers (most) salivating at more potential profit.

I do not blame 'em, I just think, in this case, they may be misjudging the market. $41,900 gets you alot of car. Not only Fords. Of course, they can always come "down" off of the ADM, if they haven't further alienated the buying public. Folks are fickle, and if they get pissed off enough, they will begin to look elsewhere. My .02

Not disagreein', but alot of folks have posted MSRP deals. The question becomes: At what price is this overpriced?

As for me, MSRP seems right. I'm afraid that at $5k over, the dealers might be pricing themselves out of market, as this GT to me would seem to be......too pricey (there, I rhymed) at $41,900 base & ADM price.

JMO, but you, me & everyone else in the free world knows that Barrett-Jackson will get the dealers (most) salivating at more potential profit.

I do not blame 'em, I just think, in this case, they may be misjudging the market. $41,900 gets you alot of car. Not only Fords. Of course, they can always come "down" off of the ADM, if they haven't further alienated the buying public. Folks are fickle, and if they get pissed off enough, they will begin to look elsewhere. My .02

Oh I agree Crispy! I was just saying that most of the dealerships I called were asking 5K over, I called back a few weeks later and most of those cars had been taken...with the ADM. I did not pay 5K over, nor would I for any car.

Oh I agree Crispy! I was just saying that most of the dealerships I called were asking 5K over, I called back a few weeks later and most of those cars had been taken...with the ADM. I did not pay 5K over, nor would I for any car.

I know. You & I are GT500 ADM Refugees.....others do not care, and will spend whatever it takes to have whatever ride they choose. Good for them, but not for me.

"I do not blame 'em, I just think, in this case, they may be misjudging the market. $41,900 gets you alot of car. Not only Fords. Of course, they can always come "down" off of the ADM, if they haven't further alienated the buying public. Folks are fickle, and if they get pissed off enough, they will begin to look elsewhere. My .02"

I'm at about that point having been a SAAC member for 33 years!, and a mustang nut for about 40, I've just about had it!

First it's a GT500 at "under 40K" of course it comes out at about 42K - still reasonable, but not a steal when compared with some other cars.

Then it's the S GT @ 35K, of course it's now 37K, and if one wants the "premium package" it is 39K (wouldn't one think that would be standard on an "Up-fitted" car?, or even a Shelby Mustang? I mean it's the top of the Mustang heap, right?).

So, now if one wants a S GT w/premium it's 39K! 4K more than originally stated and I've always thought that that was a bit too high compared to a normal "premium" GT. Compared to a normal GT, it has lot's of stripes and badges, better exhaust, better handling, CAI, MFS(?), and is it down to a whopping 19hp upgrade in power? Just doesn't seem like much for the extra $ paid. Custom Shelby mods will take the price even higher very quickly. Hood, brakes, wheels, and S/C I would estimate at at least 10K, so now you're at 49K! Wow!!!! A great car at that point, but (at least) 49K?

And all of these number do not even take into account the dreaded ADM. :stop:

Yes, people are starting to get pissed off, and having bought 4 Fords in my live, I'm one of them.

I guess maybe pissed off isn't the right word, but frustrated and it's mainly like these cars are no longer the "Value" they were supposed to be.

I am not harping on those who have them and paid an ADM, but for me the "I'm going to own a new Shelby Mustang for once in my life" is really wearing thin. There is a glimmer of hope, and that's why I'm still here, but lot's of other cars are starting to look more and more attractive. I bet I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'd give up a bit in value to own a Ford product versus others, but not a ton, and will not do it if it seems like a really bad deal overall.

That said, to each their own and am glad detroit is still making these products.

My 3 cents.

I may just buy one of these........................:hyper: ...................................... ................................... .....................:unsure: ......................................... .....................hyper: ..............................:unsure: ......................................... ....... :headscratch: ...........................

..........................................................................................................................................*yawn*.......

...................................:...........................................................................:unsure: ......................................... *yawn

....................................................................:headscratch: ...................................................: ..........................................................:........................................if the dealers ever give me a chance at MSRP!!!!! :hysterical2:

I may just buy one of these........................:hyper: ...................................... ................................... .....................:unsure: ......................................... .....................hyper: ..............................:unsure: ......................................... ....... :headscratch: ...........................

..........................................................................................................................................*yawn*.......

...................................:...........................................................................:unsure: ......................................... *yawn

....................................................................:headscratch: ...................................................: ..........................................................:........................................if the dealers ever give me a chance at MSRP!!!!! :hysterical2:

Should I take that personally?

Should I take that personally?

Huh? I was commenting on the fact that my local, "friendly" :hysterical2: Ford dealers are preventing me from buying anything that I'm interested in... :sos: ..and I'm going from being excited about it, to wondering if I will ever get a car at MSRP....to being bored of waiting for a freaking car!!!

I think we are pretty much in the same boat..... :titanic:

No insult implied/inferred/meant...

Huh? I was commenting on the fact that my local, "friendly" :hysterical2: Ford dealers are preventing me from buying anything that I'm interested in... :sos: ..and I'm going from being excited about it, to wondering if I will ever get a car at MSRP....to being bored of waiting for a freaking car!!!

I think we are pretty much in the same boat..... :titanic:

No insult implied/inferred/meant...

Crispy,

Thanks for the reply, was starting to think that posting is not okay unless you are one of the choosen frequent posters.

I, too, have gone from being really excited about buying a new Shelby of any kind, to wondering if there is something in the pipeline that's really worth waiting for! As the GT500 and S GT seem to be out of my price range after ADM's and have some serious competition now and in the future value-wise, what to do?

There isn't a car that looks as cool as the 05-07 Mustang body style period, but the rest of the package needs to be up to the task too.

I guess my only hope is to wait for the "boss", or GT350?, or the next Shelby? if any of these actually appear! But.... my patience is wearing thin, as who's to say that the next generation of HP Mustang won't be over priced and ADM'd too! Don't know if I can wait! Have about 8 months to decide what to do. Am going to the San Diego auto show in the next day or so to see if anything "new" interests me.

ARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

Crispy, don't know how long you can wait either, but like you, don't want to pay over MSRP. This GT500 is hanging in there mark-up wise isn't it?! :banghead: (Although down from 30K over to 10K over).

I've never seen any car maintain an ADM forever, so....

Crispy,

Thanks for the reply, was starting to think that posting is not okay unless you are one of the choosen frequent posters.

No way, man! Love to see new "faces' here.

I, too, have gone from being really excited about buying a new Shelby of any kind, to wondering if there is something in the pipeline that's really worth waiting for! ........

I guess my only hope is to wait for the "boss", or GT350?, or the next Shelby? if any of these actually appear!

They will, they will

This GT500 is hanging in there mark-up wise isn't it?! :banghead: (Although down from 30K over to 10K over).

I was thinking maybe Feb-March we should see things relax more. Dealers want profit, true, but they also want to move product. The GT500's on ebay (which all dealers point to) is having a little Shelby pile up due to high reserves. There are some back-door deals being made (closest bid and some dealers are folding)- still with a relatively high adm. Theoretically this excess of supply in high adm Shelbys should (should) begin to erode this pricing, but no one knows for sure. I am a patient man.

See my answers above in red

Pardon me abbreviating your post, figured this would make for an easy read. Yeah, I was a member of SAAC back in the day (1980, a couple of years after it's inception) and on-and-off through the years, so I completely understand your frustration. You are a long-time fan, like me. Remember....anything of value is truly worth waiting for. Keep visiting this site, you are bound to find out some cool things for the upcoming models. ;)

Good luck and happy hunting!!!!!

See my answers above in red

Pardon me abbreviating your post, figured this would make for an easy read. Yeah, I was a member of SAAC back in the day (1980, a couple of years after it's inception) and on-and-off through the years, so I completely understand your frustration. You are a long-time fan, like me. Remember....anything of value is truly worth waiting for. Keep visiting this site, you are bound to find out some cool things for the upcoming models. ;)

Good luck and happy hunting!!!!!

C-Man, Thanks!

Well thought out comments, and we're on the same page for sure. Only difference is that you may be more patient than I!

Yet I keep coming back - hoping for the best and to see what's up!

All I'll contribute is this:

I've got a grand total of $34k in my premium Mustang.

See my sig for what's in it.

I think I "built" a very affordable hot rod.

I further think Ford could do the same - without anyone's name on the flanks.

Most Mustang folks want affordable performance - not an icon striped on.

My 2c.

Ruf -

Yo,

Anybody who ordered have any "hard facts" on when we who ordered (Nov. 21 here) will begin to take deliveries on our S-GT's?

Thanks

They have started on the 1st 25 a few days ago :banana piano: (they were being assembled at the time). I woul suggest you contact your salesman/woman for an update. Sorry, that's all I got...

Just to let you know, the Shelby GT WILL NOT be coming to Canada in the year 2007. There is a "possibilty" of it appearing for 2008, but don't hold your breath. It's just too expensive for the folks at SAI to perform the various tests required by the Canadian EPA equivilant to justify what few cars they would sell north of the border. Unless Ford themselves get involved and help (financially) with the testing, you probably won't see it appear in Canada. But, who knows what might happen? This could all change with the stroke of a politician's pen.

You'd be better off to start contacting some US dealers who may be close to your area now and see what they can do for you. If you search hard enough, you'll find one. Good Luck to you!

Archived