TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT FAQ

crispy23c

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again, Five Oh B. Updated. Did the new SAE ratings process go into effect? If so, do you think the HP drop is due to this?

Well, I think Ford originally rated the Ford Racing Power Package at a 25hp gain, but their website now says it's good for "approximately 20 peak horsepower." Well, the SAE rating of the Shelby GT at 319hp tells me that "approximately 20 peak horsepower" equates to 19hp. Louder mufflers usually don't provide extra hp, and CAI's are usually touted as increasing hp more than they really do, so I'm not really surprised that the Power Package is "only" 19hp.

Darn good thing Ford didn't plan on calling this model the GT350 expecting closer to 350hp (like the 500hp in the GT500). Maybe we could affectionately call the Shelby GT the GT319? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as GT350, though.

Agreed, 319 just won't cut it compared to the 500 HP '500. I'm really hoping against hope that they will offer the blown 4.6 Cobra motor (~400 HP) for a GT 350. I think that would be the killer combination. I know that the idea of a '350 has been tossed around, but nothing concrete as of yet. I keep my ear to the ground in hopes that this will become a reality. Time will tell.

Agreed, 319 just won't cut it compared to the 500 HP '500. I'm really hoping against hope that they will offer the blown 4.6 Cobra motor (~400 HP) for a GT 350. I think that would be the killer combination. I know that the idea of a '350 has been tossed around, but nothing concrete as of yet. I keep my ear to the ground in hopes that this will become a reality. Time will tell.

Hey Crispy23c you seem to be pretty knowledgble. What do you think of this estimate for the Shelby add ons to the new GT? This is based on prices from the Ford Racing Catalog and SAIs web site for parts. Really not sure if I have it right on the 3.55 upgraded rear axle upgrade, but I think I'm pretty close on the other stuff.

Shelby Modifications Retail Price Estimate

Ford Racing Performance Parts Content

• FR Power Upgrade Package

(M-2006-FR1) $949.00

• cold air intake

• mufflers

• premium fuel calibration

• GT X-Pipe (M-5251-R) $139.00

• FR Handling Package

(M-2005-FR3) $1,299.00

• front and rear sway bars

• tuned dampers, springs, bushings

• cross-tower brace

FR short-throw shifter (manual only) (M-7210-T1) $269.00

• Upgraded rear axle (3.55 AT) $1,050.00

Appearance Items

• Hood Pins and Hood Scoop $200.00

• Shelby grille insert and Pony badge $160.00

• Silver Shelby Racing and Body Side stripes on Black and White vehicles $360.00

• “Shelby GT” sill plate $100.00 pr.

Floor mats w/ Shelby Logo $230.00

• Shelby dash plaque, under hood engine plaque $25.00

• “Powered by Ford” fender badges $50.00

• Total Retail Cost of Shelby Package $4,831.00

Crispy,

I saw you backed away from the 485 HP because it was not verified. Here is a little more from Amy:

"On the 06 the HP was 485, we are waiting for the final on the 07 from paxton and FFRP. I dont know but assume they will be close. Yes, you will pay us when you pick up the car."

Amy

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...6659&page=2

Crispy,

I saw you backed away from the 485 HP because it was not verified. Here is a little more from Amy:

"On the 06 the HP was 485, we are waiting for the final on the 07 from paxton and FFRP. I dont know but assume they will be close. Yes, you will pay us when you pick up the car."

Amy

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.p...6659&page=2

Yes, I did. I've read this stuff as well. The reasoning for this was not because I don't think this will be attainable, but because I heard, additionally, that there could be 2 flavors of this S/C package (very similar to FRP's offering)-- a standard one with around 425 HP and a "max. thrust" package with around 485 HP. Again, this isn't crystal clear, so I left wiggle room until verified. Also, i'm not sure the Auto can take 485 HP (last I heard was 450, but that may have changed with improvements). So instead of splitting hairs at this time-- and adding undocumented hype to this car, I decided to fuzz it out a little and let the formal announcements - when they come - determine what finally ends up in the FAQ.

Does any one think the shelby package price $4831 includes the labor cost also.

If you go out on ebay and look at the GT-Hs up for auction a couple of them have the Shelby invoices attached. The Shelby that I ordered is essentially the retail version of the GT-H car minus some of the body modifications that are included in the 54U upfitters package. Basically, less the front fascia, rt & lft front grille and inserts, side scoops, hood, Hertz badging and some other minor parts. If you subtract those things it comes to about $3,700 for the upgrades and add about $1, 500 - $1,800 for estimated labor, paint and overhead, I think you come up with a Shelby add-on package of between $5,200 to $5,500.

Ebay Hertz GT-H Auction

The way the numbers are adding up its more like 8k i hope im very wrong :banghead:

$8k? For the Basic Shelby GT? How do you figure (unless you're adding a major option like an S/C)?

Edit: According to Amy B, President of SAI, the expected HP rating for the Shelby GT with the S/C option is 470! Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaahhh!!!!! :shift: :burnout: :burnout:

$8k? For the Basic Shelby GT? How do you figure (unless you're adding a major option like an S/C)?

Edit: According to Amy B, President of SAI, the expected HP rating for the Shelby GT with the S/C option is 470! Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaahhh!!!!! :shift: :burnout: :burnout:

Hmm..I thought she said on another thread that the 2006 model they tested it on was hitting 485+...

Maybe something with the 2007 batch knocked it down some, oh well I can live with 470...for now.

:devil:

Sorry crispy i was adding in the s/c

Well I guess that teaches me to check the Amy Boylan threads as well before I post anywhere. I found it, 470 is still good by me. It is not like I will be using that much hp...unless I go back to Germany again.

:shift:

What's a few horse between friends :hyper: I think I know you well enough to know you'll use it! :shift:

Sorry crispy i was adding in the s/c

Never be sorry for adding an s/c :hysterical:

I'm getting to the point that I just might buy a coupe and use a sawzall to get my 'vert! :hysterical: :hyper: :stop:

How 'bout BJ's wife on the jet ski? Is that the exception to the rule? :hysterical2:

errr....don't know her. Must of missed those pic's. :doh: You are cruel!!! :hysterical:

Crispy, i guess 8k wasnt so far off :rant:i think ill have some more beer.

Well, the $1k GG tax was a surprise to all of us...must be the price for Premium Gas calibration. So that's what--$36900- ish? No one can avoid GG Tax, thanks to Uncle Sam. :banghead:

The bright side is that this is only one of about 6,000 cars. :drop:

errr....don't know her. Must of missed those pic's. :doh: You are cruel!!! :hysterical:

Well, the $1k GG tax was a surprise to all of us...must be the price for Premium Gas calibration. So that's what--$36900- ish? No one can avoid GG Tax, thanks to Uncle Sam. :banghead:

The bright side is that this is only one of about 6,000 cars. :drop:

Crispy,

Is it the premium fuel or is it the new standards in the EPA testing? The new standards with combined with the 3.55 rear may have caused a poor result.

Archived