TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Obama: "I'll Go Around Health System for MY Family!!"

CA is broke because of their law on taxes passed back in the 70's.

Uhmmmn.., California is probably the highest taxed state in the union. As far as prop 13, I'm betting we are paying more property taxes here than any other state.

California is in trouble for the same reason the country is broke. Insane spending for liberal lunacy.

Well lets see;

Since I was born in 1960 let me take a ride in Doc Browns Time Machine back to 1913???????

Or the 1930s and live through the "Great Depression"..........

Better yet I think I will Just Enjoy Life here today and you can

"READ THE FINE PRINT"????????

:hysterical:

You don't need no time machine. You are living through the results of these crimes today and it will only get worse as time goes on. You are being affected by it wether you realize it or not.

That is the biggest problem with people today. They will just ignore it and live life today without caring about their future, their childrens future, grandchildrens future, etc. It's all about ME and the heck with everyone else! As long as I don't feel the ramifications from anything that personally affects me right now, then who cares!!! Amazing!

Govt-run Healthcare systems have failed or are failing in several other countries around the world... why would the U.S. even contemplate a similar system? Do we really think we can "do it better" simply because we are America? Our bureaucratic structure, special interest groups, and lobbyists will surely doom it to failure.

As far as Obama trying to get people healthcare, how about People start getting their own healthcare?

I'm personally disappointed in the "welfare state" the U.S. has become... and even more disappointed in the mind-set of so many American citizens who expect the Govt to take care of them.

Govt-run Healthcare systems have failed or are failing in several other countries around the world... why would the U.S. even contemplate a similar system? Do we really think we can "do it better" simply because we are America? Our bureaucratic structure, special interest groups, and lobbyists will surely doom it to failure.

As far as Obama trying to get people healthcare, how about People start getting their own healthcare?

I'm personally disappointed in the "welfare state" the U.S. has become... and even more disappointed in the mind-set of so many American citizens who expect the Govt to take care of them.

I believe this is more about government control over the people than it is about making sure everyone has healthcare. And with so many people having the government entitlement mentality they will suck this up like a flock of sheep being lead to slaughter.

How is he trying to "help" me? By raising my electric bills? Making me pay more for gas? Pushing inflationary policies?

You don't see it because you don't open your eyes and look. Just as one example, Jeff Immelt is the head of G.E. and is on the presidents board of economic recovery (or whatever they call it). Under the health care proposal, G.E. is going to get a no bid contract to convert all the medical records to paperless with their "healthymagination" product they are developing and pushing on TV commercials on the NBC networks they own. They also make windmills and there is money in the cap & tax bill for them to develop those. G.E. financial services division is regulated by the federal government BTW. Jeff Immelt is on the board of the "Robin Hood Foundation" which has given ACORN $821,000 consisting of a $456,000 grant in 2003 and a $365,000 grant in 2004. If you look at the people surrounding Obama, MOST of them have ties and connections to Acorn or one of the 200 shell companies owned by Acorn. Former Lehman Brothers CEO and long-time Barack Obama contributor Richard Fuld is on the board of the Robin Hood Foundation. The Soros Fund Charitable Foundation gave Robin Hood Foundation a $9,859,453 community development grant in 2000. All of these people are connected in one way or another and they are just moving money around and Acorn always manages to get the money in the end. It is a huge spider web. If you get the companies that Acorn owns and check the board members, you will find that they all are connected somehow.

Your paying less for gas than you were last year. My electric bill is unchanged.

When you talk about inflationary policies, didnt Bush raise the debit ceiling to 11.7 trillion to cover his unprecidented spending spree? THAT is an inflationary policy.

Where did this ACORN "information" come from? Rush Limbaugh? If you have a link I would like to peruse it. It seems pretty old, your trotting out numbers from 5-10 years ago...whats that got to do with now? Why would Obama owe these people for 5-10 year old donations?

I could not verify the "no-bid" contracts, but I wouldnt exactly call GE a "liberal" company, would you? If they are converting stuff to computerized records thats a smart move that saves money.Windmills are a good thing.

Getting back to health care, how is what Obama's doing "consolidating control"...he isnt going to let you go to the doctor if we dont vote democrat? He basically offering insurance to those that cant afford it, but its not free. I havent heard all the details so I cant say for sure if I'm for or against it, but what I've heard so far sounds OK.

KC666

:rockon:

Your paying less for gas than you were last year. My electric bill is unchanged.

When you talk about inflationary policies, didnt Bush raise the debit ceiling to 11.7 trillion to cover his unprecidented spending spree? THAT is an inflationary policy.

Where did this ACORN "information" come from? Rush Limbaugh? If you have a link I would like to peruse it. It seems pretty old, your trotting out numbers from 5-10 years ago...whats that got to do with now? Why would Obama owe these people for 5-10 year old donations?

I could not verify the "no-bid" contracts, but I wouldnt exactly call GE a "liberal" company, would you? If they are converting stuff to computerized records thats a smart move that saves money.Windmills are a good thing.

Getting back to health care, how is what Obama's doing "consolidating control"...he isnt going to let you go to the doctor if we dont vote democrat? He basically offering insurance to those that cant afford it, but its not free. I havent heard all the details so I cant say for sure if I'm for or against it, but what I've heard so far sounds OK.

KC666

:rockon:

I think you just made a point. He is offering insurance to those who cant afford it. We already have that, its called Medicare/Medicaid.

Your energy costs are going to go through the roof in the next few years. All the provisions that would cause the spike in prices are set to take effect AFTER the 2010 elections. The economy is actually predictable for the most part. Known inputs will invariably produce known outputs.

Yes and I was very opposed to that. However, he never monetized 1 trillion dollars in U.S. debt. This monetization could very well collapse the economy. It has created hyperinflation everywhere it has been tried before like the Wiemar Republic and Zimbabwe.

Where did this ACORN "information" come from? Rush Limbaugh?

No, the information did not come from Rush Limbaugh. None of my information EVER comes from Rush Limbaugh. As a matter of fact, when I provide links to back up my assertions I always try to use sources other than Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Hannity etc. as the liberals just dismiss it outright.

If you have a link I would like to peruse it. It seems pretty old, your trotting out numbers from 5-10 years ago...whats that got to do with now? Why would Obama owe these people for 5-10 year old donations?

I don't think I ever said he owed them anything. I was just establishing connections between the president, the head of G.E., the Robin Hood foundation and Acorn. I did this because you wanted to know what Acorn could have to do with health care and how they might benefit. The fact that the Robin Hood foundation has not given Acorn money this week does not negate the fact that they have given large amounts in the past. These people all still know each other. What you are saying is akin to "She hasn't had sex in years so she is a virgin again".

I could not verify the "no-bid" contracts, but I wouldnt exactly call GE a "liberal" company, would you?

A corporation's sole purpose is to generate profits and in the case of a public company return value to the shareholders. I'm not sure if ANY company could be classified as liberal or conservative. However, most companies will do the bidding of the party in power if it serves their purpose and generates profits. I could not substantiate the no-bid contract status however it has been widely reported on and mentioned in various places. Moreover, these types of things in many cases only get reported on after they are awarded so not finding anything on it is not that unusual. It makes sense that the contract would be no-bid as G.E. has the product developed already and it could be rolled out relatively quickly.

If they are converting stuff to computerized records thats a smart move that saves money.

Does it really? When I have had to have records transferred to a new Dr., they just fax them over. No problem. How is requiring Dr. offices to buy expensive software that has to be updated and maintained going to save money? They will have to buy the software, install it, pay the yearly license fee, trouble shoot it when it crashes, install patches etc. They may even have to hire an IT guy full time to implement it and maintain it.

He's "consolidating control" by taking over as many entities as possible. Car manufacturing, banks, health care. Influencing the media. Appointing a "pay Czar". Getting ready to legalize 30 million illegal aliens who will then be able to bring their entire families here and vote for the Democrats. Once they get socialized medicine and everybody is in a data base they will know absolutely everything about you. Your privacy rights will be gone.

Archived