TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Insurance

AgentIan

Does anyone have a recommendation for insuring the GT500? I got what initially seemed like a reasonable quote from Geico ($86 per month), but that almost doubled when they asked about other members of my household that are old enough to drive, and I told them about my wife and the two speeding tickets that she has received in the last year (never drive through Ohio if at all pos :finger: ). I tried explaining to Geico that we have 2 other cars and that my wife will never drive the GT500, but they were not interested, saying that they have to take her record into account as she lives in the same household. What a scam. Lord knows what would happen if I mentioned my soon to by driving age eldest son - who will also not even get a sniff of the keys.

The second issue that I may have is that my other vehicles are insured through the company that I work for, and although accident and ticket free, I have not my own had personal automobile insurance for a considerable time.

I'm ideally looking for a policy that wont scam me like Geico, and will insure me only to drive the car for pleasure and occasional commuting.

Does anyone have a recommendation for insuring the GT500? I got what initially seemed like a reasonable quote from Geico ($86 per month), but that almost doubled when they asked about other members of my household that are old enough to drive, and I told them about my wife and the two speeding tickets that she has received in the last year (never drive through Ohio if at all pos :finger: ). I tried explaining to Geico that we have 2 other cars and that my wife will never drive the GT500, but they were not interested, saying that they have to take her record into account as she lives in the same household. What a scam. Lord knows what would happen if I mentioned my soon to by driving age eldest son - who will also not even get a sniff of the keys.

The second issue that I may have is that my other vehicles are insured through the company that I work for, and although accident and ticket free, I have not my own had personal automobile insurance for a considerable time.

I'm ideally looking for a policy that wont scam me like Geico, and will insure me only to drive the car for pleasure and occasional commuting.

I have two younger brothers and sisters that live with my parents still and are of driving age. In order to keep their vehicle insurance in check with my Dad's Infiniti M35x, they kept it on a separate policy with Progressive. Then all the other cars are on another policy with Progressive. That way the other drivers were not impacting the rate (which would sky rocket) on the M35.

Hopefully that will work for you too.

I have two younger brothers and sisters that live with my parents still and are of driving age. In order to keep their vehicle insurance in check with my Dad's Infiniti M35x, they kept it on a separate policy with Progressive. Then all the other cars are on another policy with Progressive. That way the other drivers were not impacting the rate (which would sky rocket) on the M35.

That would be a good idea but I think that my situation may be compounded by the fact that I will only have one insurance policy in the household, which will be my GT500 policy. My wife (and potentially my son in the future) will be driving company cars, and will not therefore have their own individual policies.

I just purchased a Modern Classic Insurance policy from "HEACOCK CLASSIC" that

averages less than 45.00 a month although a full years premium is paid once a year.........

I am sure you will find the same thing most places, as for your son they will tell you he will get access to the keys if he wants to joy ride.

Anyway don't know if it will help you with the tickets etc. My insurance is with Heacock. 0 deductible replacement cost I insured a 2009 SHelby GT500 and a 2003 Mach1 valued 500 at $46000 and the Mach at $20,000 cost me $673 year for both. 3000 miles limitation driving is supposed to be to car shows, club meetings, cruises etc. not to work or grocery store etc. Also must be kept in locked garage.

Cobra010

Archived