TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Her Home!!

yraegel

Finally got all the stickers, tape, labels, and their remains off. Still need to clean up the engine bay. Couldn't wait to take pictures though so excuse the dusty engine bay and box laden garage. Should've shut the door :lol:

th__IGP0176.jpg th__IGP0177.jpg th__IGP0178.jpg th__IGP0179.jpg th__IGP0180.jpg th__IGP0181.jpg th__IGP0182.jpg th__IGP0183.jpg th__IGP0184.jpg th__IGP0185.jpg

really looks great==love the stripe delete.Cant tell from the pics if you treated all the black trim outside and inside the car,dash,console etc.I love the Mothers "back to black"-- product outside,and Maguiars Vinyl spray inside(apply with a sponge)

I must say, I like this new GT500 better without stripes, even more so than my own car.

Car looks perfect with no stripes.

I can tell the Ford stepped up the quality of this car, the gaps, lines, everything looks tighter.

The new GT500 looks like it stole most of its quality from the newer Volvos.

The front end looks similar to the newer volvos (new integrated hood and bumper cover) and the antenna out back is idential to those found on the Volvos. This is not a bad thing, finally the top Mustang is starting to not only perform like a $50k sports car but look like one to.

When I see my car, the quality is no different than the $20k 6 banger but this new GT500, you guys got the best of both worlds

congrats, you motha f...

jk

:D

Some impressions after almost 400 miles. I'm still totally in love! Can't wait to wake up and go somewhere. Even to work!! :happy feet:

The handling of the car is better than anything I've ever driven. I've taken a couple of cloverleafs at high speed and it might as well be on rails. I'm still not pushing too hard in spite of having left a couple of very nice parallel stripes in the parking lot of the local dive and the (now) infamous 1st to 2nd issue. I'm hedging my bets on that one until I have over 1k on her and won't experiment much more before then. I've been forced to deal with a couple of incredibly dumb Volkswagen's and Subaru's without really making her sweat at all. I still laugh when it tells me to grab 5th at 37, but depending on the circumstances, I do it. I've been averaging around 16 to 18 MPG according to the computer and rough calculations. It'll do 20 on the highway easy, probably at an 80 average. I love the gearbox and clutch in spite of the 1st 2nd deal. I have, however, developed the habit of playing with my ball while sitting at a light in neutral. The feel is just so inviting! :wub:

Still amazed with the interior and so is everyone who has ridden in her. With the windows up and driving at the recommended shift points, it might as well be a luxury car with really great, stiff suspension. I hear the whine and the engine noise is still very unique when you stand on it. I can see that the first thing to change will probably be the mufflers even though everyone who has heard it from outside raves. I don't trust anyone enough yet to have that experience myself.

The Nav system/electronics upgrade really works for me. I can't see having 1000 watts in that space and I'm a geek anyway, so having an onboard computer with a 60GB hard drive and a USB port was a must. Today I took a friend to the airport and driving back I could see it was clouding up over my house. When I got closer, I put the radar map on the lowest scale. I was driving directly beneath the clouds moving in and the sunny sky and the radar showed it perfectly. I know it depends in radar coverage but I can see that being very handy. Being able to control everything from the Nav system to my phone to my iPod from the steering wheel and with voice is really great. Every time I head out I grab another CD to load onto the hard drive. No need for a multi-disc player when you can put thousands of tracks on the HDD. Good for when I leave the iPod at home. I'm starting to get the whole system down so if anyone has a problem, PM me.

Just like the 1000 watts in a small space, the dual climate control seems absurd for such a small space. If I hadn't gotten divorced, I could put my ex in it and set my side to 70 and hers to 90 to see if it can double pump heat and A/C at the same time. Then again, if I hadn't gotten divorced I would be writing on some minivan forum as soon as I finished the dishes. :censored:

Love the removable cupholder bottoms, love the lockable center but don't have a valet key (as if some jack*&& valet will ever touch it). Love the progammable shift points.

I moved the seat and noticed that the halo light of the gauges reflected in the window at night. Easy fix as you can turn off halo lighting or change the color. Or I might find a more comfortable postition and discover it no longer reflects.

One piece of advice: do not, under any circumstances, call or log onto the Sirius web site until your 6 months expire regardless of whether you have Siruis Radio, Travel Link, or both. The car comes with a (documented) free 6 month trial subscription - to both radio and Travel Link if you have the Nav system. I went to their web site trying to see whatever and by entering my ESN, I managed to get everything cancelled without really doing anything. Spent too much wasted time trying to get Sirius to fix it and ended up just calling the dealer to let them deal with it. Just enjoy it for 6 months and then go through the pain if you want to keep it.

Happy motoring!!! Looking forward to some real road time now that I have 12 days off! :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift:

Wow! Congrats, and what a cool ride! GB without stripes is a very interesting choice. ADM amnesia is just a throttle push away, I experienced that myself back in 07. Enjoy the hell out of it.

The more I see the 2010's the more I like them.

I am curious about the wheelhop issue. You might be babying for a bit but let us know your driving impressions and what happens when you light 'em up. I really hope they have ironed that out, the aluminum DS may have helped.

Good luck and be careful out there.

KC666

:rockon:

ADM? I paid for this privilege??? Oh yeah, I forgot. I'll probably forget again tomorrow. :P

No wheel hop whatsover. I've only really "tried" to get wheel hop twice and nothing happened. Well...I wrecked some really cheap asphault at my company parking lot. Almost killed my boss with the shrapnel so please, please everyone check the quality of the asphault before you "test' your cars. :lol:

Terrific comments Yraegel. Thanks for sharing your thoughts...us future owners will know what kind of an experience we'll be in for!

LOL! I think I will be the same way in even looking forward to driving to work on a daily basis. hehe.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear everyone else's impressions and advice! :rockon:

Great write up, yraegel. I have to wait until next week to feel the the power. But reading these great reviews sure make me glad I ordered the GT500.

Thanks for the input!!!

Great write-up, I have been waiting so long that I have begun to loose the excitement, but everytime one you guys get your car and I see the Pictures and read the comments the excitement returns. Thanks Keep Posting! :happy feet: :shift:

Great write-up, I have been waiting so long that I have begun to loose the excitement, but everytime one you guys get your car and I see the Pictures and read the comments the excitement returns. Thanks Keep Posting! :happy feet: :shift:

You are simply never going to forget the feeling you get when you first set eyes on her! Hang in there, you are going to love it and the wait will be a vague memory! :yup:

You are simply never going to forget the feeling you get when you first set eyes on her! Hang in there, you are going to love it and the wait will be a vague memory! :yup:

Thanks, I was checking out a Sterling Grey/Black Stripe on Ebay and I'm Loving the Sterling Grey More and More. My dealer was supposed to check VVS and call me today but he never did. I still think next week may be my lucky week. :shift::drool:

My dealer was supposed to check VVS and call me today but he never did. I still think next week may be my lucky week. :shift::drool:

Next week should be exciting around here! :happy feet:

I put a call into my salesman today to give me an update..but he never called back. Looks like I will have to bug him on the 4th of July. hehe.

I put a call into my salesman today to give me an update..but he never called back. Looks like I will have to bug him on the 4th of July. hehe.

Yea, it is very rude in my opinion not to call us back. They got 20K of my money if I treated my customers that way I would have been out of business years ago.

Thanks, I was checking out a Sterling Grey/Black Stripe on Ebay and I'm Loving the Sterling Grey More and More. My dealer was supposed to check VVS and call me today but he never did. I still think next week may be my lucky week. :shift::drool:

Hey Burning Blue got a hold of my dealer as we ordered the same date 6/5/09 he told me mine is scheduled to be built the end of July.

Hey Burning Blue got a hold of my dealer as we ordered the same date 6/5/09 he told me mine is scheduled to be built the end of July.

That's great news Alaska! Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily mean that mine is the same. I hope it is however. Were you able to get a VIN? I'm going to call my salesman again today.

End of July would probably mean the Mid-late August delivery that I was hoping for. Thanks for the info - at least that is something related to my car. The plant is still closed next week, so it'll fire up again on July 13th...at which point your car will start to come to life!

Have you got his home number :headscratch: I would assume they close on 4th :headscratch:

Wow! Congrats, and what a cool ride! GB without stripes is a very interesting choice. ADM amnesia is just a throttle push away, I experienced that myself back in 07. Enjoy the hell out of it.

The more I see the 2010's the more I like them.

I am curious about the wheelhop issue. You might be babying for a bit but let us know your driving impressions and what happens when you light 'em up. I really hope they have ironed that out, the aluminum DS may have helped.

Good luck and be careful out there.

KC666

:rockon:

someone posted a video from motortrend comparing the 2010 GT500 and the 2010 Camaro SS and yup She still has a bad axle hop. Nothing a good set of Steeda Billet lca's can't fix.

Archived