TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Shelby GT package has just arrived

AFBLUE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I read the descriptions, the CSM replacement only comes with the Shelby GT/SR package. Not the Shelby GT/SC package. That would be a mess to change out plaques on the previous converted Shelby GT/SC.

Thanks. That's what I get for (mis)reading the email on my iPhone. :doh:

Personally, I'm stoked about the packages. Thank you Amy!

However, at $31K for the GT/SR which I would love to have, I think I would find me a SGT-C or SGT-H rangtop or, or, pay off my SGT.

Now, can I get the cage with the GT/SC????

Having my experience with my family and bud was worth it for me that is priceless money will not be what you add up when you are done here.

Not to me I got to visit SAI had fun I met Bud and Roger and my car got done with a number one service with No BS from start to finish my Pops and my kid were there at SAI when I picked it up. Costs are relative. I have a car that was whippled at Vegas, it means something to me. I thought that 9500 or whatever it cost, I truly do not remember was a fair price.

The point is missed here... I got mine done at Tasca with this SAME EXACT set-up (the only change was SOS gauge pod with Ford Racing Gauges which only accounts for $200 difference--I still have all the quotes in my email). Bottomline is I paid way less (a few thousand) for this exact set-up at a SAI mod shop. And I got to meet Bob Tasca Jr and it means something to me but not $3k to do it all again.

Never mind you missed the point...I am happy with my car and I think the new packages rock!!! Cheers dude!!!

Money is nothing, to win is to lose...to lose is to win.

Nihilist...forever.

Seeing as how I have some money I have not even spent yet where do you get those wheels? FR500 ones? Made in USA?

I wonder the same thing!

Bud told me that they're not available for sale (yet)...

They look identical to the rims on the Ford GT, but these are obviously a different size than the 19"x11.5" that came on that monster.

As soon as they're for sale, I'm snagging a set for sure.

Ken

They look identical to the rims on the Ford GT, but these are obviously a different size than the 19"x11.5" that came on that monster.

As soon as they're for sale, I'm snagging a set for sure.

Ken

Ken,

They are available for sale today from any Ford parts department. But don't get to excited just yet.

The rear rims on the Ford GT are 19" x 11.5". The rims on that Shelby you are referring to are the optional forged lightweight "front" rims of the Ford GT. The dimensions of those front rims are 18" x 9" which is the same dimensions that Shelby lists. They are very light weight at just under 20 pounds apiece which is 6 pounds less each than the standard cast aluminum wheels of the GT500 which look clunky by comparison. They are made by BBS. I took the two front rims off my Ford GT and put them both on the right side of my Shelby GT to see what they would look like. They look great! I'll try to find a picture to post. These wheels are also made to clear the largest six piston high-performance brake calipers. Incredibly strong forged construction, extreme light weight, proper backspacing, and outstanding appearance. What's not to like? How about a price tag of $1000 each!!! I have been trying to assemble a used set of four of these front rims to put on my Shelby GT but for some reason used rear rims are much easier to find than front rims.

The center cap of these rims is also an odd size and none of the Shelby after market caps fit. The standard aluminum center cap says "Ford GT".

Hopefully Shelby will be using the genuine forged lightweight wheels instead of a cheap heavier cast aluminum knockoff. If Shelby places a large enough order perhaps they'll be significantly less expensive to make them a bit more reasonable. We'll see.

Chip

post-12804-1246260959_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1246260969_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1246260959_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1246260969_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot for the info, Chip. I didn't stop to think that the GT's front rim might be smaller than the 19x11.5 in the rear!

That makes a ton of sense and also explains where these 'new' SGT/SR rims came from.

That is one sharp price tag for sure, but I was ready to pay a similar price for the Jongbloed Aero's, which don't look nearly as perfect as these wheels do.

I hope you're right about the prices possibly coming down with a bulk SPP order. I'll wait for a few months and see what happens with these.

Anyway, thanks again for clearing that up!

Ken

To clarify............the original CSM number assigned to every GT-H and SGT will always remain associated with the vehicle. It is in the data base tied to the VIN.

Any SGT converted to the SR will have that number removed from the vehicle, not it's lineage. The new number is then assigned and will become an addendum and recorded as such in the registry.

An entry example would read: VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CSM#07 or 08SGTXXXX converted to 07 or 08SGTSRXXX on XX/XX/XXXX by Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

The primary reason for changing numbers is documentation. Down the road this information will easily be cross referenced to verify authenticity. The original data tags will be gathered and destroyed. While this may seem somewhat complicated, we see tags being moved from vehicle to vehicle on a quite regular basis. The cross reference of the VIN and CSM just adds a step for us and adds collectivity to SR conversions.

Roger

thanks Chip! I wonder if the 19x11s might fit the rear but I doubt it? Great post as always Chip...

McCoy,

When I get a chance I'll bolt one on and let you know. To my eye, a Mustang doesn't look right if the rear wheels are a larger diameter than the front.

Chip

McCoy,

When I get a chance I'll bolt one on and let you know. To my eye, a Mustang doesn't look right if the rear wheels are a larger diameter than the front.

Chip

+1

I'm not a fan of the staggered look at all on these cars.

McCoy,

Chip

Hey Chip,

Are you speaking strictly to the diameter of the wheel or to the look of a Mustang with the same diameter all around but wider tires on the back, like the GT500 has.

Jim

Chip- once again your coolness is amazing, thanks for offering to try the 19's. I have thought about staggering the wheels on my car the only factor is the price of replacement rubber for the 19 tires but the 11 wide may help them last longer my stock tires are fading fast.

Hardluck-sorry if I was seeming a jerk. I hear you but I also think that a Salvador Dali print is just ink and a chunk of paper, the premium is that it is at the magic kingdom!

Why is a Jessie James bike built there worth so much more than the same bike built with his parts at a local shop...it's art man that's why, except that JJ ain't no SAI...:)

Cheers Hardluck, sorry if I was a jerk...I see the math but it did not make me bolt on or have a dealer do the whipple, I have a feeling there will be some others who feel the same way and we have no mid shop here in the NW. I still would have gone to Vegas however.

Chip- once again your coolness is amazing, thanks for offering to try the 19's. I have thought about staggering the wheels on my car the only factor is the price of replacement rubber for the 19 tires but the 11 wide may help them last longer my stock tires are fading fast.

Hardluck-sorry if I was seeming a jerk. I hear you but I also think that a Salvador Dali print is just ink and a chunk of paper, the premium is that it is at the magic kingdom!

Why is a Jessie James bike built there worth so much more than the same bike built with his parts at a local shop...it's art man that's why, except that JJ ain't no SAI...:)

Cheers Hardluck, sorry if I was a jerk...I see the math but it did not make me bolt on or have a dealer do the whipple, I have a feeling there will be some others who feel the same way and we have no mid shop here in the NW. I still would have gone to Vegas however.

Sheesh, Randy can be such a jerk sometimes! :hysterical:

I'm stoked to see if those 19's fit too. American Muscle has a cheap set of knock offs floating around. I don't want to...but if SPP doesn't put theirs up for sale by the end of summer, I just may have to! ;)

Ken

Never mind you missed the point...I am happy with my car and I think the new packages rock!!! Cheers dude!!!

Money is nothing, to win is to lose...to lose is to win.

Nihilist...forever.

Absolutely,

I lost my father on June 17th. He was my best friend and he left my mom with a nice some of money at the young age of 66. He was only 2 years retired and he only enjoyed the friuts of his labor for that short time. Why would I share this with you guys?

Live now! I'm getting my upgraded and if I get to enjoy it 1 day, it will be worth it. I love you dad! :salute:

Absolutely,

I lost my father on June 17th. He was my best friend and he left my mom with a nice some of money at the young age of 66. He was only 2 years retired and he only enjoyed the friuts of his labor for that short time. Why would I share this with you guys?

Live now! I'm getting my upgraded and if I get to enjoy it 1 day, it will be worth it. I love you dad! :salute:

I'm sorry for your loss William, I know the feeling tho. My dad passed on 8 years ago and he basically told me the same thing. I'm having mine upgraded also as shown as I can make sure Tasca has everything they need to do it!!! :shift:

Absolutely,

Sorry for your loss...

I agree enjoy what you can as you can...

Why one and not the other???

Don't understand why they would do this to either of them.

Simple to keep people from replicating the GT/SR sticker and calling it a GT/SR down the road. As some have done with the GT/SC. After doing a S/C upgrade some folks replicated the gt side stripe with a GT/SC sticker as it is easy to do...with a new CSM number it would differentiate the SR car further, beyond a side stripe. Many complained of the premium price/paxton install or logistics of the SAI/Mod Shop installed GT/SC and did it themselfs. And as it is their cars applied a GT/SC sticker.

The GT/SC cars now have a premium super sharp plaque underhood, only available from SAI, the GT/SR cars will have a little more as the csm is new as well, as it should.

Edir: this is to in no way diminish the guys putting the GT/SC stickers on... :dance:

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. I really didn't post that to get any attention. I just think sometimes we forget how short life is. I know I did.

With that said, I am going to make an appointment so I can get that discount (I'm going to need it). I plan to include the Watts link, the C6 hood, the seat upgrade (2 tone), the big caliper brake kit, and I notice there's some extra cooling mod (I will have to look into that). With all the extra horsepower, I want to make sure it will stop. I had a Terminator that had 510 rwhp that didn't want to stop when I drove it hard.

Sounds crazy, but this will probably be my last 'Stang, so I plan to do it right so I can be happy longer (the boss says this is it, so you know...). I am going to cross my fingers that it won't be over 20k. Tasca here I come!

This brings to mind a great question...will SAI be offering all the SR upgrades as individual items to add to a GT/SC without getting the full meal deal...I am grooving on the wheels tires and suspension mods?

So say a guy wantd to just get the suspension and some other tires and wheels would SAI install the items seperate?

HHHmmmmmmm......I love Vegas...and my Pops gets lonley there haha... :hysterical:

With that said, I am going to make an appointment so I can get that discount (I'm going to need it). I plan to include the Watts link, the C6 hood, the seat upgrade (2 tone), the big caliper brake kit, and I notice there's some extra cooling mod (I will have to look into that). With all the extra horsepower, I want to make sure it will stop. I had a Terminator that had 510 rwhp that didn't want to stop when I drove it hard.

Sounds crazy, but this will probably be my last 'Stang, so I plan to do it right so I can be happy longer (the boss says this is it, so you know...). I am going to cross my fingers that it won't be over 20k. Tasca here I come!

Good luck Dude!!! Be prepared to wait!! I had mine scheduled for July 11th at Tasca and it was put on hold!!! Dennis told me he "needs more info on the package"! :headscratch: I know SAI in Vegas is waiting for parts so they too can do the upgrades.

Sorry for your loss. My father passed away a few years ago due to brain cancer. He was in his early sixties. I always put off buying a toy for this reason or another. I bought both my Shelby and a garage this year and could not be happier. Now I just need to get that SC option. Good luck enjoy the extra power.

- Kevin

Good luck Dude!!! Be prepared to wait!! I had mine scheduled for July 11th at Tasca and it was put on hold!!! Dennis told me he "needs more info on the package"! :headscratch: I know SAI in Vegas is waiting for parts so they too can do the upgrades.

Reread the announcement page, I understood that the SR would only be done in Vegas?

Reread the announcement page, I understood that the SR would only be done in Vegas?

I'm getting the GT/SC upgrade, not the SR. I'm not sure what parts they're waiting for in Vegas, but I take it they're not ready to start right away.

Archived