TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Shelby GT package has just arrived

AFBLUE

I for one think the package is cool! Especially since that's the exact package I had installed last summer! I even got it at a slightly better price than listed. :yahoo:

Really? Then what's so great about this package if you can already get it cheaper :headscratch:

Hmmm.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:banghead: I am glad I do not work at SAI you guys are impossible you beg for a package and then you complain about it...crazy.

A SGT is a SGT and a 40th is a 40th. It wil only increase the popularity of the brand and not dilute the SGT cache, it will only increase it.

The SGT/SR will be smoking most cars on the road or track period.

A GT/SC will not encounter many cars faster either...

:banghead: I am glad I do not work at SAI you guys are impossible you beg for a package and then you complain about it...crazy.

A SGT is a SGT and a 40th is a 40th. It wil only increase the popularity of the brand and not dilute the SGT cache, it will only increase it.

The SGT/SR will be smoking most cars on the road or track period.

A GT/SC will not encounter many cars faster either...

I'm not complaining. I think I have a legitimate question. If I can pay less now and get the same features then why would I pay more?

I'm not complaining. I think I have a legitimate question. If I can pay less now and get the same features then why would I pay more?

I misunderstood. My whipple was about 10k, with nothing else. The package sounds like a fair deal to me.

I agree that these are bad ass packages, but for most of us GT owners its just too much money. If I had the $20k to spend on the upgrade to a shelby package, I would have just bought a Shelby to begin with. They could atleast release a package without the Supercharger. I know there are the CS8 packages but its my understanding that they are discontinuing them. And most Shelby enthusiast don't consider them real Shelbys.

http://www.teamshelby.com/images/hold/gtsc.pdf

:happy feet:

Pricing: 10% discount if you order before the end of the year

Ford Whipple SC Black: $12,725

Ford Whipple SC Polished: $12,999

Kenne Bell Black: $10.899

Kenne Bell Polished: $11,599

Standard Features

Above supercharger

4 wheel brake upgrade package

-Baer drilled cross slotted rotors

-Baer brake pads

-Stainless steel front and rear brake line kit

-Shelby Gauge pod

-Autometer Shelby Signature gauges

-Shelby GT/SC stripe designation

Options

-Front and rear brake ducts

-3.73 gears

-Watts link

-One piece 3.5" Aluminum drive shaft

-Sequential tail lights

-Quarter window covers

-Kicker stereo upgrade

-Cooling system upgrade

-Two tone interior

Seems like a decent deal with the 10% off although I jumped on the deal Tasca had so I did better............

Really? Then what's so great about this package if you can already get it cheaper :headscratch:

Hmmm.

I saved a few hundred dollars, and looking at the cost, I think it was in labor and tax. I don't think you can get it cheaper now. I haven't priced all the parts out recently, but I think this package offers a good deal for the money.

I would think if someone sent their SGT in to have the GT/SR upgrade package then then should have the right to keep the original SGT plaque and not surrender it to SAI this could be used to help distinguish original SGT's from someone who sent their GT in.

I saved a few hundred dollars, and looking at the cost, I think it was in labor and tax. I don't think you can get it cheaper now. I haven't priced all the parts out recently, but I think this package offers a good deal for the money.

Ok, thanks.

I don't need the brakes as i have already done the baer rotors, pads and brake-lines. I'm still wondering if there is ever going to be a caliber upgrade as these brakes aren't the best i've seen. This package is a year to late for a lot of people but i'm still glad it came out and it's fairly reasonable in price.The economy is still to bad for a lot of people so i doubt they will sell many packages. If anyone is going to upgrade soon then now might be the time if you can afford it. Love the s/c but have decided this is not the route i'm going to take. Still disappointed in the brakes.

That's correct from the way I read it! Any one with an 05 -09 Mustang GT can now send it into SAI and get it converted to a Shelby :nonono:

Any Color, any 05 - 09 etc....

And I thought the Shelby GT's were only available in a 2 year run!

Even if they put another label on it (Shelby Supercharged vs. Shelby GT/SC) it's still the same thing (Same as the 40th packages for 07's vs/ SE package for 08 - 09's)

Talk about ruinning the exclusivity of having the Shelby GT, 40th package etc....

Only positive to this is the fact that many of these packages will go unsold (high prices in this crap economy)!

How long ago was it that the Titus car was announced (and it's still vaporware)! Granted it was an overpriced proposition, never happened to date (no renderings, no nothing)!

Did I also mention, more SAI built vehicles with Certificates, yet the first ones done by SAI are still waiting for the opportunity to get a COA!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop at that!

I think this is a good idea because someone does not have to lose money invested into their beloved Mustang GT. It does not detract from the exclusivity of my ride. :)

Congrats Al! Did you go for the Whipple?

Hey Brother :) How are ya

Yup the 550 (who needs a warranty..LOL) and they are going to upgrade the clutch.. I'm still putting the list together..

I for one think the package is cool! Especially since that's the exact package I had installed last summer! I even got it at a slightly better price than listed. :yahoo:

No kidding...same exact package I had installed at Tasca in March but heck I saved $3200 off that price listed in AFBlue's post.

I would think if someone sent their SGT in to have the GT/SR upgrade package then then should have the right to keep the original SGT plaque and not surrender it to SAI this could be used to help distinguish original SGT's from someone who sent their GT in.

The SGT/SR can only be a Shelby GT to begin with.

If you send a Mustang GT in then you end up with a Shelby SR.

Ken

Turning a Mustang GT that was purchased as a Mustang GT into a Shelby just doesn't seem right to me. IMHO, a Shelby should be a Shelby when purchased new. I think it DOES lessen the exclusiveness of our Shelby GT regardless of the GT/SR vs SR label. :angry2:

Plus this will just promote and justify cloning....

Turning a Mustang GT that was purchased as a Mustang GT into a Shelby just doesn't seem right to me. IMHO, a Shelby should be a Shelby when purchased new. I think it DOES lessen the exclusiveness of our Shelby GT regardless of the GT/SR vs SR label. :angry2:

Yeah I hear ya man. From a business perspective though, there are a whole lot more MGT's floating around over pre-existing Shelbys. It's a much more potentially lucrative market. That being said, I don't know too many guys with MGT's that have the $30k to drop on an upfit from Shelby or anyone else for that matter.

I'll be surprised if they sell a couple hundred of the Shelby Supercharged or Shelby SR packages to MGT owners.

For the long term health of SAI, however, I hope they sell tons more.

Ken

That package is way overpriced

[/quote

Having my experience with my family and bud was worth it for me that is priceless money will not be what you add up when you are done here.

Not to me I got to visit SAI had fun I met Bud and Roger and my car got done with a number one service with No BS from start to finish my Pops and my kid were there at SAI when I picked it up. Costs are relative. I have a car that was whippled at Vegas, it means something to me. I thought that 9500 or whatever it cost, I truly do not remember was a fair price.

I can understand how they would want to pull these in and lessen the chances of them ending up on ebay and then on clones.

Not saying I agree one way or the other, but that I see the rational.

That package is way overpriced

Having my experience with my family and bud was worth it for me that is priceless money will not be what you add up when you are done here.

Not to me I got to visit SAI had fun I met Bud and Roger and my car got done with a number one service with No BS from start to finish my Pops and my kid were there at SAI when I picked it up. Costs are relative. I have a car that was whippled at Vegas, it means something to me. I thought that 9500 or whatever it cost, I truly do not remember was a fair price.

The point is missed here... I got mine done at Tasca with this SAME EXACT set-up (the only change was SOS gauge pod with Ford Racing Gauges which only accounts for $200 difference--I still have all the quotes in my email). Bottomline is I paid way less (a few thousand) for this exact set-up at a SAI mod shop. And I got to meet Bob Tasca Jr and it means something to me but not $3k to do it all again.

Yeah I hear ya man. From a business perspective though, there are a whole lot more MGT's floating around over pre-existing Shelbys. It's a much more potentially lucrative market. That being said, I don't know too many guys with MGT's that have the $30k to drop on an upfit from Shelby or anyone else for that matter.

I'll be surprised if they sell a couple hundred of the Shelby Supercharged or Shelby SR packages to MGT owners.

For the long term health of SAI, however, I hope they sell tons more.

Ken

The profits they could turn from modding many existing Mustang GTs has apparently become more important than keeping original Shelbys exclusive. Now, I could understand if it's a matter of company viability or failure; I don't know if that's the case.

Having said all that......wouldn't it make more sense for a Mustang GT owner to buy a used Shelby GT (there are many out there at low prices) ? I mean...if he/she really wanted a Shelby, go buy one. But now they can say "hey, my Mustang GT is going to become a real Shelby". Although I never gave it much thought before, I guess the V6 conversions set the precedent.

Like many others have said, the Shelby GT should've been a better performer to start with; then I guess there wouldn't be an issue. But then again, there probably wouldn't be many out there so cheap and I may have never had the opportunity to buy one. Hmmm....

Love my original Shelby...... :)

Ok, read this whole thread and reviewed the specs. Does anyone know what th SR stands for?

Would love the SGT/SR package installed in mine. Just wondering though, I did not see the upgraded interior on the list. If I am going to pay 32,000 for the package, I would think the new interior would come with it.

Ok, read this whole thread and reviewed the specs. Does anyone know what th SR stands for?

Would love the SGT/SR package installed in mine. Just wondering though, I did not see the upgraded interior on the list. If I am going to pay 32,000 for the package, I would think the new interior would come with it.

my guess... Shelby Race

Roger said in another thread that "SR" stands for Street Racer.

Also, I don't expect to see too many SR packages either at 31K. Wasn't the CS8 a lot less and you don't see too may of them on the roads. I have only seen two. I have yet to see a Terlingua. I know they are out there but I agree with the earlier poster that most guys who plop down 25-30K for a Mustang GT don't have another 31K to plop down for a package. For 55K think of all the other awesome cars you could purchase.

I paid 13K for my Shelby GT/SC upgrades plus 3K for the wheels and Tires. I think there would be more takers with a package in that ballpark. I was one of the loudest voices for a Shelby GT package. I think SAI missed the mark on several levels. Not the least is creating a package that is for Shelby GTs and Mustang GTs.

JMO, but the concern about all these packages diluting the brand assumes there is going to be a lot of these conversions. I just don't see it. The SGT/SC option has been out for 2 years and there are around 100 of these out of 8000 SGTs made. Like mentioned above, how many CS6s, CS8s, Terlinguas, etc have been made?

Did the SGT dilute the GT-H?

Did the Terlingua dilute the SGT?

Archived