TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want to buy me a 2010 but dont know what kind of color is the best!

Ok my first car was a black Mustang V6, then a Vista Blue V8 and now i have a Vapor 08 GT500.

Now i have a problem because i dont know what kind of color i want for my 2010 and what kind of color for the stripes.

I never have see one of the 2010 in front of me yet this why i dont know how the colors are looking. :cry:

So blease help me to find the best one.

Take care and god bless everyone of you,

GAFSoldier

Grabber Blue with red stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVOURITE COLOUR COMBO!!

:happy feet: :happy feet: DO IT!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

You like that color combo?

I seen that in person and I thought it looked gawdy!

I'm dying to see what the black with grabber blue stripes look like.

My personal favorites are:

Kona blue/silver

Torch red/silver

Black/black

I am right down the road from you in Chantilly. If my vehicle ever gets delivered, I would love to show you Kona blue/silver in person.

Hey thanks for the offer. Will love to see your car. Do you had order it at koons ford in sterling? Because they had say me that they are waiting for 3 of the 2010 and one is a Kona blue/silver that somebody had order. They want to call me when some of them will arrive that i can see them.

You like that color combo?

I seen that in person and I thought it looked gawdy!

I'm dying to see what the black with grabber blue stripes look like.

cbr1000 has a black with grabber blue stripes and it looks really good. Here is the link: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=735174

Ok first i want to thanks everyone that has answer me. Please dont stop!!!

So far it looks like grabber blue is the best but i will wait some more days.

Kona blue/silver = 1

Torch red/silver = 2

Grabber blue/silver = 1

Grabber blue/white = 2

Grabber blue/black = 2

Grabber blue/red = 2

Black/black = 2

Black with blue looks really good. I saw only one so far here at TS.

Hey thanks for the offer. Will love to see your car. Do you had order it at koons ford in sterling? Because they had say me that they are waiting for 3 of the 2010 and one is a Kona blue/silver that somebody had order. They want to call me when some of them will arrive that i can see them.

Yup. That is mine. They have been very pleasant to deal with. It's just that Ford gives them about as much information as they give to the customer relations reps--nothing.

Incidentally, there was a poll here not too long ago in which about 60 people voted for the color they ordered. It is here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43971

Just picture a grabber blue Ferrari and realize how this color will look in years to come . Re-sale will not be kind to this color. Kona blue , red,black,vaper just not popsicle blue.

Ok my first car was a black Mustang V6, then a Vista Blue V8 and now i have a Vapor 08 GT500.

Now i have a problem because i dont know what kind of color i want for my 2010 and what kind of color for the stripes.

I never have see one of the 2010 in front of me yet this why i dont know how the colors are looking. :cry:

GAFSoldier

The best one is what you like not neccessarily what everyone else likes. I see from your past vehicles you like the darker colors (black, vista blue and vapor) so do I. That is why I ordered the Sterling Gray Metallic with the Silver Stripe.

you can build your own at fordvehicles.com and see what the combo looks like--my experience was its pretty true to the torch red w/silver ive got. The other thing you can do is just look at the GT colors, i think theyre the same--i know i saw a GB on the lot--local dealers should have avariety of colors by now in nonGt500 cars.BTW, red is the fastest--

you can build your own at fordvehicles.com and see what the combo looks like--my experience was its pretty true to the torch red w/silver ive got. The other thing you can do is just look at the GT colors, i think theyre the same--i know i saw a GB on the lot--local dealers should have avariety of colors by now in nonGt500 cars.BTW, red is the fastest--

Uh, Yeah... The fastest to be on the side of the road with flashing lights behind it... :lol:

How are you enjoying the car Bob?

GAFSoldier

First of all it's your car and have no clue what you like! If you are asking what I prefer, well..... I'll tell you, the first one to hit my dealer will be my color! I ordered Grabber Blue with White Stripes in December 08 still not here, they ordered a Red with WHITE, built 6-11 not here yet, first one to arrive is my color.

Cobra010

First of all it's your car and have no clue what you like! If you are asking what I prefer, well..... I'll tell you, the first one to hit my dealer will be my color! I ordered Grabber Blue with White Stripes in December 08 still not here, they ordered a Red with WHITE, built 6-11 not here yet, first one to arrive is my color.

Cobra010

I want to thank you all for the information you had give me here. I know that it will be my car and i need to find a color what i like but it was really interesting to hear from you guys what do you think is the best color combination.

First i was thinking that when i get some input from you that i will say "Hey i want this too" but know i want to buy me every color combination they have. :drool:

Tomorrow i will drive to some ford dealer here to find my new color.

I will let you know when i have find the right one for me.

Thanks again for your help and i wish everybody that had pre-order a 2010, and still wait for it, that he will get it before Ford will bring the 2015 out!

GAFSoldier

Just picture a grabber blue Ferrari and realize how this color will look in years to come . Re-sale will not be kind to this color. Kona blue , red,black,vaper just not popsicle blue.

I realize that any rebuttal from me, the owner of a solid Grabber Blue 2010 GT500, will sound completely defensive but here goes anyway.

To me Grabber Blue is a fitting flashback to the early 70's and the Fords that proudly wore the color. The screaming Boss 302 and the original GT500 as well as others. Then as is now, the color was energetic, wild, cool ,and youthful. The color complimented the attitude of the cars.... right here, right now, with out a care in the world. "Re-sale value? That's what old guys like your Dad worry about. I want the color I want." The 2010 looks great in person in this color. Guys dig it, gals dig it. It will even make your Grandma smile.

I can't think of a better color to take me away from all this seriousness surrounding us today. My .02.

I realize that any rebuttal from me, the owner of a solid Grabber Blue 2010 GT500, will sound completely defensive but here goes anyway.

To me Grabber Blue is a fitting flashback to the early 70's and the Fords that proudly wore the color. The screaming Boss 302 and the original GT500 as well as others. Then as is now, the color was energetic, wild, cool ,and youthful. The color complimented the attitude of the cars.... right here, right now, with out a care in the world. "Re-sale value? That's what old guys like your Dad worry about. I want the color I want." The 2010 looks great in person in this color. Guys dig it, gals dig it. It will even make your Grandma smile.

I can't think of a better color to take me away from all this seriousness surrounding us today. My .02.

Well put. I still don't care for the color, but well put.

Well put. I still don't care for the color, but well put.

I sat in a black coupe with grabber blue stripes, with blue stripes on the seats, today at my local dealership. Just came in yesterday. Years ago, I said I would never buy another black car, so hard to take care of and keep clean. I have to say, this car may have just changed my mind. It looked stunning! The rear is growing on me, and in black you dont see the large plastic lower valance much. The rims are beautiful, and the interior leather quality of the seats is far superior to my 2007 GT500. The rear sits lower than my 07, still maybe a tad high at all 4 tires, but I would not rush out and buy springs for it. I was planning on keeping my 07, but as for the 2010, the pictures do not do it justice. Now, the 07 is up for sale, got to get me this black and blue car!

post-5933-1246165604_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1246165604_thumb.jpg

I sat in a black coupe with grabber blue stripes, with blue stripes on the seats, today at my local dealership. Just came in yesterday. Years ago, I said I would never buy another black car, so hard to take care of and keep clean. I have to say, this car may have just changed my mind. It looked stunning! The rear is growing on me, and in black you dont see the large plastic lower valance much. The rims are beautiful, and the interior leather quality of the seats is far superior to my 2007 GT500. The rear sits lower than my 07, still maybe a tad high at all 4 tires, but I would not rush out and buy springs for it. I was planning on keeping my 07, but as for the 2010, the pictures do not do it justice. Now, the 07 is up for sale, got to get me this black and blue car!

The "Black and Blue" combo sounds really fun and I can only imagine how it looks in person. It will be a rare combo I bet. You must have been impressed because your "07 is beautiful!

Agreed. As soon as I saw the Grabber Blue on the 2010 Shelby..I didn't have to think about color again. That was the easiest part! I love it. While it is a flashback color to the original muscle car days..it looks completely fresh and new on the GT500 of today. I just can't imagine what it will look like in person up close! :drool:

Just go black and be done with it. You'll never look back.

I know that you love black and i also know why, because your Car is one of the best looking Shelbys in Virgina!! And i can say this because i was there when you had make the first place some weeks ago with it. :happy feet:

Archived