TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black on Black..Sold over MSRP!

I found the same one! The sales guy called me back and said that someone was going to buy it for $2,500 over MSRP. He asked me if I wanted to make an offer above that for the car. :hysterical:

I told him that whoever was paying over MSRP for this vehicle is a moron.

It is gorgeous, though.

That clearly is the BEST color combo, sure the Grabber is fun to look at... for a while.. but I can see that getting old (just my opinion so you sensitive types don't get upset)

Black on Black, NEVER gets old...and just looks downright mean, plus it dilutes/minimizes that bulbous back end

Black is beautiful, but what a pain in the a$$ to keep clean. At least this car has the HID's and sold for $2500 over. The other dealer asking 20k for the red with mat black stripe, doesn't even have the HID's. I would at least option the car out before I put some insane price on it.

That clearly is the BEST color combo, sure the Grabber is fun to look at... for a while.. but I can see that getting old (just my opinion so you sensitive types don't get upset)

Black on Black, NEVER gets old...and just looks downright mean, plus it dilutes/minimizes that bulbous back end

+1 KR, though the blue is a head turner too IMHO...but black hides the butt and makes it all flow...one of the reasons I like black cars. Tough to keep em clean but the do look nice...and ominous. :happy feet:

Badasss car right there...thanks Point, great picts, nice to see one in the sun. Looks even better.

KC666

:rockon:

If I had to buy a 2010 GT-500, it would HAVE to be in black because it hides that hideous rear the best.

The front looks really good though.

+1

Here's a 2010 rear end I snagged a pic of this morning :hysterical:

celica-rear-bumper-fl3m.gif

when I first saw photos I hated the back end as well, after seeing '10s on the road I believe it to be a big improvement. Tightens the car up a lot.

I'm glad you feel that way. I saw a few on the road and my feelings remain the same. That rear is heinous. The rest of the car is spot on, just make sure to back it into a parking spot.

I finally saw one in flesh, kona blue/white stripes, and the back end looked a lot better in person that in photos, It really dont look bad at all! :drool: the dealer was asking $5,000 over MRSP and there was a guy there fiiling up the paperwor to buy it!! in Alexandria, VA. Also, I was thinking to get the Alcoa wheels, but the ones that come with the car are amazing, will keep the on on the one I will get pretty soon. :happy feet:

Does anyone really know if this sold for $2,500 over MSRP and not some salesman blowing smoke?

When he first called me back, asking me to bid over $2,500 over sticker, I thought it was a bluff (after I laughed at him). It may still have been. It remains listed in their inventory on their website with several pictures. I know that doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't sold, but my guess is it hasn't, and it was all a bluff. The price says "Call for price."

Incidentally, the VIN is 126093, far above my 119XXX VIN. :banghead:

Update:

Just called the dealer to tell them I was "interested." They said it sold for $56,000. I don't know if I'm disgusted or surpirised....Probably disgusted.

Good for them, those :censored: snakes......

Wow....what a great dealership! Did they use a disposable camera to take pics??

It looks like they spared no expense with the camera work. It's crazy we have better pics of the car posted by members.

Archived