TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A couple minor problems....anybody else?

cbr1000

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell did they do that??? Don't they usually have those clear plastic things on the door edge after production and in transport??

It's inbetween the driver door and the front quarter panel. Myself and the Dealer feel like it had to be done before the door was put on the car or during alignment.

When I was at 100 it was super solid!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow....where is the QC at Ford? Must have been taking a day off. The picture of the door looks nasty.

Ya, I agree. It's much worse in pictures. Either way it shouldn't of left the factory like that. You can tell this was done during the build because the gap between the door and the front quarter panel is tiny, and the quarter panel has no scratches.

My air bag fix was total crap, it was dented at the factory in the process to fix it and also sticks outs and does not stay flush. Front fenders, doors are poorly alignied, several paint flaws and trash under the tape. I can not believe that for 50,000 we get this kind of quality. The suspension guys did great, the interior is nice accept for my damaged air bag, the clutch is wonderful and allot of things are better but Quality and workmanship was not job one. This is my fourth GT500 and its really a looker, but when you get close the flaws are really visible. The engineering is there but the quality is not.

My air bag fix was total crap, it was dented at the factory in the process to fix it and also sticks outs and does not stay flush. Front fenders, doors are poorly alignied, several paint flaws and trash under the tape. I can not believe that for 50,000 we get this kind of quality. The suspension guys did great, the interior is nice accept for my damaged air bag, the clutch is wonderful and allot of things are better but Quality and workmanship was not job one. This is my fourth GT500 and its really a looker, but when you get close the flaws are really visible. The engineering is there but the quality is not.

Be Happy you have it! There are plenty of us waiting for a long time so....

Cobra010

Cobra 010 I would have rather waited and not had any problems with the car. Now i have to deal with getting this car fixed instead of just enjoying it. Because they botched up the airbag fix I have to put up with unsightly dent on my dash and a rattle that is also because of that same botched up job by the Factory. So unlike you I would have rather had it later and done right the first time.

Cobra 010 I would have rather waited and not had any problems with the car. Now i have to deal with getting this car fixed instead of just enjoying it. Because they botched up the airbag fix I have to put up with unsightly dent on my dash and a rattle that is also because of that same botched up job by the Factory. So unlike you I would have rather had it later and done right the first time.

That's cool!

Just don't be to sure if you had waited it would have been perfect. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!

I just think Ford should have Checked the repairs to make sure it was wright. The 2010 is really a much better car all around than my 2009 Gt500 was. The 2010 is so much smoother to drive and handles better also. Its so much better I cannot get over it. I almost have forgotten about the Factory's poor workmanship almost since I have finnally fixed most of them. So when you get yours I think you will really like it. I hope its soon.

mines on the opposite side...

This is definitelt NOT an issue,but a curiousity. If you look at the striping on the front of the car,the pieces on the hood are 1 piece,but on my car it looks like the next piece,on the facsia,(not the bottom piece),was pieced together from 2 pieces.Thers a seam at the top edge where they overlapped 2 pieces,like your do on wallpaper in a corner.Does everyone have this,or was i the lucky one.I think the extra drag from the seam is slowing me down.

My car has that seam too.

This is definitelt NOT an issue,but a curiousity. If you look at the striping on the front of the car,the pieces on the hood are 1 piece,but on my car it looks like the next piece,on the facsia,(not the bottom piece),was pieced together from 2 pieces.Thers a seam at the top edge where they overlapped 2 pieces,like your do on wallpaper in a corner.Does everyone have this,or was i the lucky one.I think the extra drag from the seam is slowing me down.

I agree. The paint job on my car leaves a lot to be desired. Dirt specs in the paint along with orange peel like i have bever seen on the fenders. Maybe its the color bringing it out but its far from good.

Another thing I noticed on the short 2 mile drive was the steering wheel shimmys when I get over 45mph. Anyone else notice this?

I would think complaining to your dealer about it, and letting them address the issues, would be more productive than griping about it here. If your paint/finish is that bad then let them make it right. And the shimmy could be a thrown wheel weight or a dented rim, or maybe the alignment is out a bit. My wifes' $70K Benz had as many issues in the first month too. No matter how much you spend, there is no perfect car off the assembly line...

I would think complaining to your dealer about it, and letting them address the issues, would be more productive than griping about it here. If your paint/finish is that bad then let them make it right. And the shimmy could be a thrown wheel weight or a dented rim, or maybe the alignment is out a bit. My wifes' $70K Benz had as many issues in the first month too. No matter how much you spend, there is no perfect car off the assembly line...

Griping? This is a discussion board and a thread about a couple minor issues. Thats all. If you dont like it dont read it and dont reply. I know cars are not perfect by any stretch of the word, simply commenting.

I had a brand new 06 S430 and never had a single issue so maybe you should take that up with your dealer. For 70K they will make it right. Beautiful cars by the way.

I don't get this response. These are forums to discuss nice things, problem spots, etc... about our cars.

MB is a bad example. They are known to have quality issues. People don't buy MB because they are built well. If you did, you should have bought a Lexus or Acura. MB is for style, performance, image, etc... Quality is not their thing, at least not the last couple of years.

I have solved several problems with my '08 GT500 with the help of others "griping". When we all "gripe" we may find common issues, etc... and solutions.

Sure these cars are absolutely absurdly fun to drive, but they arn't perfect, and "griping" can help us find solutions. Plus, maybe, just maybe, somebody from Ford sees these things and strives to do better.

They do not listen very well are they would have fixed the Wheelhop problem on these GT500's. Why do I have to go to Roush to cure the wheelhop. Ford could have made the Roush anti wheelhop kit standard, which will fix the wheelhop problem, or did something on their own to fix it by now. My 2007, 2008, 2009 and now my 2010 wheel hops also, come on Ford I seen the improvements from year to year, but the paint job from my 2009 to 2010 went the other way, fix the wheelhop already. Also while I'm gripping the Interior is a big improvement accept for the console top plastic cover which is really a let down, its cheap thats all I got to say and creaks too like an old Fox body consoles from 1989 GT, everything else is better. I will say the driving part is better than my other Gt500's. I quess I will have to buy a Roush anti-wheelhop kit again.

They do not listen very well are they would have fixed the Wheelhop problem on these GT500's. Why do I have to go to Roush to cure the wheelhop. Ford could have made the Roush anti wheelhop kit standard, which will fix the wheelhop problem, or did something on their own to fix it by now. My 2007, 2008, 2009 and now my 2010 wheel hops also, come on Ford I seen the improvements from year to year, but the paint job from my 2009 to 2010 went the other way, fix the wheelhop already. Also while I'm gripping the Interior is a big improvement accept for the console top plastic cover which is really a let down, its cheap thats all I got to say and creaks too like an old Fox body consoles from 1989 GT, everything else is better. I will say the driving part is better than my other Gt500's. I quess I will have to buy a Roush anti-wheelhop kit again.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Cobra010

that is inherited in the solid axle no escaping it. Rouch and other methods will alleviate the problem but once you hit a nice tarmac like in MI then you will hop like a bunny. solid axle is meant for drag racers and smooth tarmac and not for the lop-dop concrete tarmac or less than perfect roads. now give me IRS like the cobra 2000 and now we are talking business. however hard core dragsters will still go for solid axle.

how much does it cost,and is it a major job--also can you post a link--thanks

that is inherited in the solid axle no escaping it. Rouch and other methods will alleviate the problem but once you hit a nice tarmac like in MI then you will hop like a bunny. solid axle is meant for drag racers and smooth tarmac and not for the lop-dop concrete tarmac or less than perfect roads. now give me IRS like the cobra 2000 and now we are talking business. however hard core dragsters will still go for solid axle.

Try Wisconsin! I swear the roads here are like driving on the moons surface with the GT500. My other cars are much happier on the crappy roads...

I have decided that less than 1/2 the roads in Wisconsin can accept full throttle of a GT500....

How does that whole center console are work? It looks really high in pictures and would seem ackward with my arm while shifting. I assume not, but the pictures make it look that way.

Try Wisconsin! I swear the roads here are like driving on the moons surface with the GT500. My other cars are much happier on the crappy roads...

I have decided that less than 1/2 the roads in Wisconsin can accept full throttle of a GT500....

I hear you...lol

I lived in an area where they did major work on the roads and it was smooth like .......and no problem at all. Then i had to drive recently in an area where honest to god i have to look at the road before i decide how far i should push the throttle, because kidney jarring was not telling me any more about the texture of the road since it is already numb. I was embarrassed many times when i had to go 10mph from a traffic light for few seconds (to find the Honda civic next to me flying by) so i do not hop sideways.

I hear you...lol

I lived in an area where they did major work on the roads and it was smooth like .......and no problem at all. Then i had to drive recently in an area where honest to god i have to look at the road before i decide how far i should push the throttle, because kidney jarring was not telling me any more about the texture of the road since it is already numb. I was embarrassed many times when i had to go 10mph from a traffic light for few seconds (to find the Honda civic next to me flying by) so i do not hop sideways.

I have a stop light near where I live that when I take off, even at low speeds, the KR exhaust gives audible indication that the thing isn't staying in contact with the road. Makes it sound like it is mis-firing.

Like you said, with these roads, I'd probably get wasted by a Civic because it will hook-up better.

I have a stop light near where I live that when I take off, even at low speeds, the KR exhaust gives audible indication that the thing isn't staying in contact with the road. Makes it sound like it is mis-firing.

Like you said, with these roads, I'd probably get wasted by a Civic because it will hook-up better.

Some members here swear by Griggs.... i will look into it may be it is time to do the suspension once for all.

Archived