TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A couple minor problems....anybody else?

cbr1000

Picked up my car last week. I've had a couple minor problems. The drivers side door had some paint scraped off. I was going to touch it up myself, but the Dealer wanted to take a look. They touched it up for me yesterday. The service manager said that it looked like it was done during door alignment. I can't post pics here at work. Bascially, it's on the drivers side door directly behind the "0" on the GT500 sticker. You can tell it was likely done during assembly because it's on the lip/edge of the door in an area that could only be scratched when the door was off the car. Anyway, pics later if anybody really wants to see. If you're going to pickup your car double check the drivers side door, exterior, bottom, directly behind the GT500 sticker.

I've got some break in miles so I took her up to 100mph yesterday, and had lots of flapping sounds coming from under the car. I've got about 130mi on the car and had never heard this before. Sounded terrible, I thought it sounded like I ran over a plastic bag and it was stuck in the undercariage. After crawling completely under the car I found a large bar code sticker stuck on the drive shaft that was causing the problem. I peeled off some more stickers while I was under the car. I'm glad I did this because it would of been embarrasing if I had passengers. I wasn't sure if something broke or came loose and was dragging. Either way, it turned out to be no big deal.

Lastly, I've got a plastic trim screw that is mostly out and angled. It's on the interior, under the dash, near the clutch pedal. I have not touched it yet. It looks like I need to unscrew it the rest of the way and then put it back it. I'm hoping that's what it is.

fyi......

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picked up my car last week. I've had a couple minor problems. The drivers side door had some paint scraped off. I was going to touch it up myself, but the Dealer wanted to take a look. They touched it up for me yesterday. The service manager said that it looked like it was done during door alignment. I can't post pics here at work. Bascially, it's on the drivers side door directly behind the "0" on the GT500 sticker. You can tell it was likely done during assembly because it's on the lip/edge of the door in an area that could only be scratched when the door was off the car. Anyway, pics later if anybody really wants to see. If you're going to pickup your car double check the drivers side door, exterior, bottom, directly behind the GT500 sticker.

I've got some break in miles so I took her up to 100mph yesterday, and had lots of flapping sounds coming from under the car. I've got about 130mi on the car and had never heard this before. Sounded terrible, I thought it sounded like I ran over a plastic bag and it was stuck in the undercariage. After crawling completely under the car I found a large bar code sticker stuck on the drive shaft that was causing the problem. I peeled off some more stickers while I was under the car. I'm glad I did this because it would of been embarrasing if I had passengers. I wasn't sure if something broke or came loose and was dragging. Either way, it turned out to be no big deal.

Lastly, I've got a plastic trim screw that is mostly out and angled. It's on the interior, under the dash, near the clutch pedal. I have not touched it yet. It looks like I need to unscrew it the rest of the way and then put it back it. I'm hoping that's what it is.

fyi......

Just got word from MM my car has the same ding...

I kinda figured others are going to have this IF it's not touched up without you knowing about it. Really kinda sucks 'cause it's down to the metal & not particularly small. O-well nothings perfect I guess.....

I kinda figured others are going to have this IF it's not touched up without you knowing about it. Really kinda sucks 'cause it's down to the metal & not particularly small. O-well nothings perfect I guess.....

MM told me that a bit of rust was showing from it sitting outside in Flat Rock.

When did you notice it?

fyi......

I did see a door edge ding on the drivers side door,but mine is parallel with the door handle.Its about 3/8in long and very narrow.I just told him to send me some touch-up paint. I too have stickers hanging from under tha car at the rear end,but havent been up to 100, and wont unless Im on a track . Maybe Ill just glue them down where they are. 1oo?? hope you were all alone on the raod, or at a track--a guy here in Atl was racing a vette in his Mustang on a major road last week.They were doing 135 in traffic,and the vette ran out of room and crashed into a van--2 young people killed in the vette--the Stang drove off, but was caught later.At 120 moh, the car is goin 176ft/sec--not time to react/stop

MM told me that a bit of rust was showing from it sitting outside in Flat Rock.

When did you notice it?

Geez, no rust for me. It's scraped down to the metal. Some touch up paint and it's okay, but not like it should be. After it's touch up it looks, touched up. Have you ever touched up rock chips on the front of your car? It looks the same.... anyway, I noticed it when I was cleaning it up. I didn't notice it when I picked up the car. Once I knew it was there it really jumped out at me everytime I saw the car.

100mph? I'm out in the country. I've got a road leading to my house that's open... I was at 100 within a few seconds and back down again... I guess you could invision me travelling 100mph for some distance, but it was all of 20ft or so. Trying to take it easy, but wanted to see how it handles/sounds at higher speeds.

Please post pics of the location so others may look. Maybe it's their assembly tooling / jigs???

I took some pics before the touch up. My 'puter is down right now. Sigh, I need to reconfig my dsl/router/house laptops.... after that chore I will post a pic. Really not much to see. Basically it's on the lip of the drivers door directly behind the zero on the GT500 sticker... on my car.

I am not sure about marks on my doors as I bought mine from the dealers stock. But I can tell you I have fish eyes in my paint on the drivers door, the front driver side fender, the bumper brace just under the hood has blistering. Then on the passenger front fender I have another fish eye just behing the wheel well. My interior is fine as far as I can tell right now. :headscratch: Not quite the same problems as you but I think all the cars have various flaws here and there.

I am not sure about marks on my doors as I bought mine from the dealers stock. But I can tell you I have fish eyes in my paint on the drivers door, the front driver side fender, the bumper brace just under the hood has blistering. Then on the passenger front fender I have another fish eye just behing the wheel well. My interior is fine as far as I can tell right now. :headscratch: Not quite the same problems as you but I think all the cars have various flaws here and there.

Whats a fish eye--ill take apic of my ding and post it.I put Back in Black on all the black trim on the car,and it really makes it jump out, esp on the hood scoops.

Whats a fish eye--ill take apic of my ding and post it.I put Back in Black on all the black trim on the car,and it really makes it jump out, esp on the hood scoops.

It is some material that got painted over in the paint process. It often is a clue that a repaint was performed on that panel.

It is some material that got painted over in the paint process. It often is a clue that a repaint was performed on that panel.

hmm, I guess they just decided not to repaint mine..... no fish eyes, just bare metal.. kinda strange on a $50,000 car. Like I said earlier, nothings perfect...

The drivers side door had some paint scraped off. I was going to touch it up myself, but the Dealer wanted to take a look. They touched it up for me yesterday. The service manager said that it looked like it was done during door alignment. I can't post pics here at work. Basically, it's on the drivers side door directly behind the "0" on the GT500 sticker.

I've got some break in miles so I took her up to 100mph yesterday, and had lots of flapping sounds coming from under the car. I've got about 130mi on the car and had never heard this before. Sounded terrible, I thought it sounded like I ran over a plastic bag and it was stuck in the undercarriage. After crawling completely under the car I found a large bar code sticker stuck on the drive shaft that was causing the problem. I peeled off some more stickers while I was under the car. I'm glad I did this because it would of been embarrassing if I had passengers. I wasn't sure if something broke or came loose and was dragging. Either way, it turned out to be no big deal.

Thanks for the tip on the paint scrap. Definitely will have to look for that.

Wow...I've honestly never driven over 75 mph in a short burst to pass someone on a highway. So I don't know about traveling at 100 mph. Surprising that you can hear those stickers flapping in the wind though!

dont believe Ford gave me anything to complain about on this one...

I will have to look at the door closer, but my first wash/polish revealed nothing...

heres the ,mnor ding i have--i tried to show it in the pics--from the side or front you really dont notice it

post-24281-1245893042_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1245893042_thumb.jpg

Well, glad to see they're gonna fix the door for you.

I had my '08 up to 150mph on a long bridge overpass (3 lane hwy) with no one else around. The car wanted to go more but I ran out of balls. I'll probably never do that again but it's good to know it has the capabilities.

Well, glad to see they're gonna fix the door for you.

I had my '08 up to 150mph on a long bridge overpass (3 lane hwy) with no one else around. The car wanted to go more but I ran out of balls. I'll probably never do that again but it's good to know it has the capabilities.

how much boost was it pulling,and what RPMs--just in case you werent watching the road that intently

how much boost was it pulling,and what RPMs--just in case you werent watching the road that intently

I wish I could answer that question. My attention was on the road and the speedo. I was white knuckle clutching the steering wheel at that point. I can say this, the car felt solid but the hood started to shake a bit...that's when I ran out of balls. I took my foot off the accelerator, put it in neutral, and coasted to 80mph before I did anything else.

I wish I could answer that question. My attention was on the road and the speedo. I was white knuckle clutching the steering wheel at that point. I can say this, the car felt solid but the hood started to shake a bit...that's when I ran out of balls. I took my foot off the accelerator, put it in neutral, and coasted to 80mph before I did anything else.

Understand--is yours a vert--they all have a cowl shake at high speed

And there it is.....

I've been told at least 10 times: "We want these cars to be perfect". I told one of these idiots that they aren't even remotely capable of doing that, so you might as well ship them and we'll sort it out. At this rate, mine 2010 will be a 2011 model.

AMEN!

Archived