TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Money Talks

Been waiting months for my vin# and finally got it over the weekend. Then I realize that there is a difference between the "off position" look of the HID's versus non-hids, so I want to change my order to HID's. Dealer tells me its too late, so I tell him that I'll pay $725 for the $525 option. Wahla, the change notice was put in. Won't know for a couple days if it goes through. This is still cheaper than doing itafter the fact. I understand that the conversion will cost you 2K doing it afterwards. Got my car for 1K under sticker, so now it looks like $700 under sticker. Oh well.

Been waiting months for my vin# and finally got it over the weekend. Then I realize that there is a difference between the "off position" look of the HID's versus non-hids, so I want to change my order to HID's. Dealer tells me its too late, so I tell him that I'll pay $725 for the $525 option. Wahla, the change notice was put in. Won't know for a couple days if it goes through. This is still cheaper than doing itafter the fact. I understand that the conversion will cost you 2K doing it afterwards. Got my car for 1K under sticker, so now it looks like $700 under sticker. Oh well.

You will be glad you made the change to HIDs. The car simply does not look the same without them.

I went with the HID. I'm very happy with them. They look good to me. I know some didn't like the way they look? I dunno why? They look almost black during the day. At night they are bright, they cast a very subtle light blue/white color.

You will be glad you made the change to HIDs. The car simply does not look the same without them.

I hope it goes thru. He'll know in a couple days, but it's funny how as soon as I threw some money at it, it went from, it's too late, to I put the change notice thru.... Either way I'll be happy with the car, just more happy with HID's.

I hope it goes thru. He'll know in a couple days, but it's funny how as soon as I threw some money at it, it went from, it's too late, to I put the change notice thru.... Either way I'll be happy with the car, just more happy with HID's.

When I ordered mine in February the word was late delivery on HID'S, so I did not order them. Two weeks later the late availability was lifted so I called my dealer to add HID'S. He called the plant and they told him they could not change the order. But when I was able to pull the on-line window sticker they had been added. The dealer did not even know they had added them until I told him. I paid normal price for the option hope it works the same for you.

I like them without HID. Mostly just because of the opposite placement of the bulbs. IMO it looks better with the headlights towards the outside.

Yep me too, but the HID's performance would probably make me go HID anyhow. Thanks for the picts War Eagle. The 2010 is REALLY growing on me. Are fogs still Halogens on both?

KC666

:rockon:

Yep me too, but the HID's performance would probably make me go HID anyhow. Thanks for the pics War Eagle. The 2010 is REALLY growing on me. Are fogs still Halogens on both?

KC666

:rockon:

I don't do much night driving so the headlights won't see too much use. So along with the placement and the extra $525 for HID - the standards were an easy choice for me. I know what you mean about the 2010 style. I was originally set on getting a used '08 or a new '09 but once the pics of the 2010 body style started coming out - I couldn't stop staring at them. I pretty much love everything about these cars - front to back, inside to out, etc!

Perhaps someone who already has their car can answer this - are you able to turn on the fog lights independent of the headlights?

Archived