TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRRP Question

King Air

I am a new member and this is my first post. I want to thank all the members for some great info. I had a 2008 GT-500 that I installed the FRRP Performance Pkg and the Handling Pkg on and I was very happy with the results. My question is ......Does anybody know if the suspension on the 2010 is the same stock susp that came on the "07-"09? Or if they changed it like they did with including the Performance Upgrade that gives us 540HP! The FRRP site allows you to go to a 2010 GT-500 Handling Pkg but its the same stock # that I bought on my "08. My dealer told me that the FRRP site is wrong and the "10 has a hybrid suspension that includes some of the parts bu not all......... Can someone shed some light on this, I expect my Sterling Silver Coupe in a couple of weeks since it was built the week of June 15........Thanks Again for a great Site!!!!!!!!

I am a new member and this is my first post. I want to thank all the members for some great info. I had a 2008 GT-500 that I installed the FRRP Performance Pkg and the Handling Pkg on and I was very happy with the results. My question is ......Does anybody know if the suspension on the 2010 is the same stock susp that came on the "07-"09? Or if they changed it like they did with including the Performance Upgrade that gives us 540HP! The FRRP site allows you to go to a 2010 GT-500 Handling Pkg but its the same stock # that I bought on my "08. My dealer told me that the FRRP site is wrong and the "10 has a hybrid suspension that includes some of the parts bu not all......... Can someone shed some light on this, I expect my Sterling Silver Coupe in a couple of weeks since it was built the week of June 15........Thanks Again for a great Site!!!!!!!!

First, Welcome to the site

Second, Do you fly one (your avitar)?

Third, From what I have read, it sounds like your dealer may be correct.

Welcome to the site. The quick answer as I understand it, the FRPP Handling pak is a step up in performance from the stock 2010 suspension. So 2010 is better than 07-09, but not as good as FRPP.

Also the Mechanical underside is S197, so parts should interchange.

Hope that helps.

Yes I fly a King Air B200

I have never flown one but I do have an hour or two on the Beech 99. The seats were removed and it made a great miniature "Vomit Comet"

Of course, we were flying it to have the main spar inspected so that may not have been a good idea :hysterical:

I read that the 2010 GT500 coupe shares the front suspension setup as the KR, but don't exactly know what that means. Don't know much about the rear suspension on the new model except that it still looks too high. From the review's I read the suspension on the 2010 is much improved over the previous model. I just received FR springs for my 2007 GT500.

Welcome to the site. The King Airs are nice airplanes - spent a few minutes at the controls in I believe an old A100 model then rode in the right seat in a few 350s with the EFIS. I'm not type rated in them, but enjoyed the opportunity to ride in the cockpit.

Archived