TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 info

call911fm

Does anyone have info on the 2008 gt's yet or am i getting ahead of myself ? I dont think i'm going to make the 07 deadline and want to keep up on the new year . I'm sure there wont be many changes if any but you never know with ford .

thanks all ! :banghead:

It would be nice to know for me too, I am close to getting an '07. I am sure there is nothing good enough to make me wait though...I will probably just mod my car, later.

Ford has only officially released 2008 info on Super Duty trucks and Escape SUV's. No other 2008 model announcements yet. Although, in December 2007, the 2008.5 Mustang Bullitt GT is slated to start production. No real info on that special edition Mustang yet, but at least we know it's coming.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 27 2006, 11:16 AM) 67375[/snapback]

Ford has only officially released 2008 info on Super Duty trucks and Escape SUV's. No other 2008 model announcements yet. Although, in December 2007, the 2008.5 Mustang Bullitt GT is slated to start production. No real info on that special edition Mustang yet, but at least we know it's coming.

Thanks for the info. Bullitt is probably just a GT with slight different appearance and the Ford Racing Power and Handling pack, like the Hertz car. I can do that myself, but it is good to see more SE's out in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

yea i agree ...but with every se there is that dreaded dealer markup that makes us limited budget workin folks simply out of luck .

still looking for that bright horizon with a new stang in my driveway ....07 or 08 who knows :banghead:

was just surfing and thought i would share a comment .

Happy Holidays everyone !

There's no time like the present!

That's the great thing about a Mustang - You can build your own SE at any time. Lot's of dealers will order a GT at X plan and Ford is offering $1000 cashbacks on GT automatics right now. You can get any of the FRPP packages and make a Shelby Hertz or Shelby GT or even something more. Or you can take a more individual approach like Ruf and Rat and most of the others here on the site.

So come on in, the waters fine :happy feet:

Now where is that Mustang of mine?

yep that's my goal . i have been really looking at the gt/cs blue or black and wonder if its worth the extra or like you said just order a reg gt to my likings and then add the other stuff later .

decisions....decisions..... o-well come may or june i'm sure i will have changed my mind again ! :doh:

• 1 month later...

i am just re-posting this to see if there is any new info on the 2008's or if anyone knows of any changes . i pretty much have my mind made up (thanks to alot of you guys ) and just want to know if there will be anything different available .

also i have heard people talking about the dvd nav unit . is that worth the money or should i stick with the shaker 1000 cause you can't have both right .

thanks again fella's

phil in kentucky :stats:

i am just re-posting this to see if there is any new info on the 2008's or if anyone knows of any changes . i pretty much have my mind made up (thanks to alot of you guys ) and just want to know if there will be anything different available .

also i have heard people talking about the dvd nav unit . is that worth the money or should i stick with the shaker 1000 cause you can't have both right .

thanks again fella's

phil in kentucky :stats:

Phil,

It is really a matter of choice. Do you want to rock a little extra loud or do you want the built in map. The map is 2 grand, the rock is 13 hun. I decided on the Rock instead of the map. 2008 info is not out.

I have a Nav unit in my Infiniti and love it, it's my first car with a Nav System. That being said, I wouldn't put one in the Mustang. How am I going to justify to the wife those 2 hour drives that I get "lost" on when I have a Nav unit? :hyper:

Good point

+1 for no Nav unit. :rolleyes:

Good point

+1 for no Nav unit. :rolleyes:

I have a nav unit in my Explorer, I don't mind being lost in my Shelby GT500 rockin out to shaker 1000 tunes :happy feet:

you guys have some good points ...you just gotta remember that i'm not really a "car guy " when it comes to mods and tuning so when i do drop the hammer on a new stang ...the mods will be slow and i will lean on this site even more than i do now for advice...i'm not a rich man but my wife is a nurse and she is going back to school so we are comfortable...

thanks again fella's

phil in kentucky

you guys have some good points ...you just gotta remember that i'm not really a "car guy " when it comes to mods and tuning so when i do drop the hammer on a new stang ...the mods will be slow and i will lean on this site even more than i do now for advice...i'm not a rich man but my wife is a nurse and she is going back to school so we are comfortable...

Phil,

My answer was kind of tongue in cheek, but I'm no "car guy" either. Any work done on my car, short of a CAI, I don't really feel comfortable doing myself.

I have a shaker 500, and from what I've read the 1000 is not worth the extra cash. The 500 seems to have plenty of power even when I'm cruising at 60 with the top down. I'm no 20 year old (coming up on 32), but I do like to crank it up when I'm cruising around. The 500 gets the job done, imo.

Nav is a neato option when I go on business trips, other than that it's more of a novelty than anything else. I would save the cash and get neither the nav or the shaker 1000.

Archived