TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vin Numbers

CaptJim88

My vin # is 1ZVBP8JS6A5137383 ordered on 3/13 and I have no clue when it will be built or delivered. No window sticker on the system yet.

This is better than my friend who ordered a 2009 SRT8 and just got notice from dodge that they have canceled his order.

Do you guys have any clue based on my vin number when I may get mine????????

I don't think the vin# has anything to do with it. Mine was built March and I received it Thursday, but one that was built in June arrived a week before mine.

Blessings,

Cobra010

From what I understand so far, the last 6 are the production number for the vehicle and since they are built on the same line as the regular mustang (I think) and if the numbers are sequential in the total production which would seem logical but am not sure is true. It shouldn't be long. Mine was ordered 3/18 and the last 8 are A5124272 yours are A5137383 that would be 13,111 cars between us. Mine was produced in early June so would think with the July plant closing that yours would be produced pretty soon. I googled production numbers and in 2005 they made 160000 mustangs which is about 13,333/month. I know production numbers are down since then but it has already been a month since mine was built.

Maybe MM or Shelbydude could comment on the above, because I am not in the automobile industry so have no idea if that is the way it works.

Does this seem logical (not that logic has anything to do with anything when it comes to these cars)

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Jim

So how long are we supposed to wait for a VIN???? I ordered on May 20th and have nothing so far (the "priorty" level was 11).....but it seems some people are getting their VINs in a few weeks. I know I'm probably being way too impatient as it hasn't even been 2 months, BUT seeing these car is getting me jealous!!

So how long are we supposed to wait for a VIN???? I ordered on May 20th and have nothing so far (the "priorty" level was 11).....but it seems some people are getting their VINs in a few weeks. I know I'm probably being way too impatient as it hasn't even been 2 months, BUT seeing these car is getting me jealous!!

Still no VIN and I ordered mine 4/23. I'm calling the dealer's customer care department instead of dealing with my salesperson. I'll work the problem from every angle of the dealer. Next stop after customer care department, I'll call the parts department and then the service center. Everyone will know me by the time I come to the dealer with my Sloth costume on, just to rub it in when my car arrives.

VIN# 130111 which was built week of 6/15 is days away from my dealer which is in Westchester County New York..we have been following the trek from the dealers computer. It took a good 2 weeks to go from AAI to the train!! It has been moving in the last 4 days. At least its not in Michigan anymore!!! Hope this helps..........

yeah, my 125xxx which was built the same day hasn't even been cleared for shipping yet.

From what I understand so far, the last 6 are the production number for the vehicle and since they are built on the same line as the regular mustang (I think) and if the numbers are sequential in the total production which would seem logical but am not sure is true. It shouldn't be long. Mine was ordered 3/18 and the last 8 are A5124272 yours are A5137383 that would be 13,111 cars between us. Mine was produced in early June so would think with the July plant closing that yours would be produced pretty soon. I googled production numbers and in 2005 they made 160000 mustangs which is about 13,333/month. I know production numbers are down since then but it has already been a month since mine was built.

Maybe MM or Shelbydude could comment on the above, because I am not in the automobile industry so have no idea if that is the way it works.

Does this seem logical (not that logic has anything to do with anything when it comes to these cars)

Have a good weekend.

Regards,

Jim

Sounds right to me,

Cobra010

Does anyone know if it would be possible to calculate the total number of 2010 GT500s built YTD by using the VIN #s we have. Could we take the very first production VIN # and compare it to the most recent one we have here to get that number. I think the total number thru July 1st is around 900.

Steve

Will these do?

post-8230-1247371364_thumb.jpgpost-8230-1247371389_thumb.jpgpost-1791-1131508286_thumb.jpgpost-8230-1247371421_thumb.jpgpost-8230-1247371434_thumb.jpgpost-8230-1247371446_thumb.jpg

Bdrool,

The car is gorgeous!!! My wife and kids were giving me hell because I always buy black cars and I was going to again but they were like Black again???!!!! So went with the sterling gray. Enjoy the car, she is beautiful!!!

Regards,

Jim

Does anyone know if it would be possible to calculate the total number of 2010 GT500s built YTD by using the VIN #s we have. Could we take the very first production VIN # and compare it to the most recent one we have here to get that number. I think the total number thru July 1st is around 900.

Steve

The last 6 numbers of the VIN are not the exact sequence in which a vehicle was built at a given plant (5=AAI) for a given model year (A=2010). Also non-GT500 mustangs share the A5xxxxxx ending, so unfortunately it would not be possible to calculate the number of GT500's built to date based on the VIN number.

Guys,

I know the last four numbers are the production sequence but what do the others mean. My VIN # is

1ZVBP8JS8A5140222

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

I printed this off this site and I don't remember who I should give credit to for posting it, but they deserve a big Thank you from all of us:

First 3 for 2010 are always "1ZV" which is a Ford manufactured in the USA

The next is a "B" which signifies active seatbelt restraints

Digits 5-7 are the body style: P8K is a ragtop, P8J is a hardtop

Digit 8 is an "S" which signifies the 5.4 liter engine with 540 HP

Digit 9 is the wildcard and can be any number from 0-9

Digit 10 is always an "A" which is code for the 2010 model year

Digit 11 is always a "5" which is the plant code for AAI in Flat Rock Michigan

and finally - digits 12-17 are your "6 digits"

Good Luck with your car, mine still awaiting shipping (close to a month now).

Regards,

Jim

Archived