TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vin Numbers

CaptJim88

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, I ordered a 2010 GT500 in Sterling Gray with Black Stripes in March (every option except shaker 1000) and finally received my vin number. Can someone please explain the vin numbers. Last six are 211988.

It is very frustrating waiting for this car. I sold my 2005 GT about a month ago to make room for this one. Just hoping it arrives soon.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, I ordered a 2010 GT500 in Sterling Gray with Black Stripes in March (every option except shaker 1000) and finally received my vin number. Can someone please explain the vin numbers. Last six are 211988.

It is very frustrating waiting for this car. I sold my 2005 GT about a month ago to make room for this one. Just hoping it arrives soon.

Regards,

Jim

When did you place your order?

When did you place your order?

He said...But I would probably ask when did the dealer get the VOC or DORA. Right?

This is my first post here, I ordered a 2010 GT500 in Sterling Gray with Black Stripes in March (every option except shaker 1000) and finally received my vin number.

Being selfish myself, I ordered mine on April 23 and still with no VIN.

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Jim

Jim,The last 6 VIN positions are the production

sequence number. This number is also used as the

vehicle serial and warranty number.

Tom

dont feel bad order my car 3/17/09 still no vin not happy

Thanks everyone for the info. The order was placed on March 18th. and I was sent the vehicle order confirmation by the dealer.

I feel really bad as it a day after Konablue and he hasn't got his vin yet, well hopefully they should have something in the computer soon.

All I know is that the dealers seem to know a lot less then the guys postin on this site.

Hope this fits into the discussion here - but I read on another board that the Ford plant will be shutting down for the first two weeks of July for maintenance.

Anybody confirm this? If true, then I guess we all will have to take a two week break too since nothing will be happening with the production of our cars? :headscratch:

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Jim

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Jim

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Jim

i hate to say this, but i think the first number "2" indicates this is a job 2 car. All of the GT500's up for delivery right now are 1XXXXX. for example, i ordered my car a month after you (125418). that means that your production date isn't going to be until 8/1 at the earliest :(.

i hate to say this, but i think the first number "2" indicates this is a job 2 car. All of the GT500's up for delivery right now are 1XXXXX. for example, i ordered my car a month after you (125418). that means that your production date isn't going to be until 8/1 at the earliest :(.

The dealer had also given me a ford customer service number and said I could check status by calling them with the vin number. Unfortunately, the whole number is wrong so am waiting to clarification from the dealer, he hopefully just typed it wrong. The build date was the week of 6/1 so I guess there is hope.

Thanks to everyone who posted info on this thread.

Regards,

Jim

Thanks for the info on the "2" for job 2 car. I guess that's what I'll be getting.

Just got the revised VIN from the dealer and the last 6 are 124272 which is not even close to what I had been given originally. Looked up the window sticker online and that is my car Sterling Gray with Black Stripes.

At least I know it is somewhere in their computer system.

Jim

Just got the revised VIN from the dealer and the last 6 are 124272 which is not even close to what I had been given originally. Looked up the window sticker online and that is my car Sterling Gray with Black Stripes.

At least I know it is somewhere in their computer system.

Jim

whats the build date on the sticker--does it have a blend number??My car was built 6/3,original build was 2nd week May.My bledn number was 2247If your car was bulit 6/1, it should be shipping soon--seems like they are shipping newly built cars now.

whats the build date on the sticker--does it have a blend number??My car was built 6/3,original build was 2nd week May.My bledn number was 2247If your car was bulit 6/1, it should be shipping soon--seems like they are shipping newly built cars now.

Where does it show the build date, the blend number is 3285.

My Vin# 130111 was built week of 6/15 and dealer has no clue when they will get it!!!

Hope this fits into the discussion here - but I read on another board that the Ford plant will be shutting down for the first two weeks of July for maintenance.

Anybody confirm this? If true, then I guess we all will have to take a two week break too since nothing will be happening with the production of our cars? :headscratch:

It's no time to learn from the Germans now!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Y'all,

This may upset, p/o, anger, make jealous, become violent, etc. However, I was working with a dealer for a BOSS. I was starting to have some bad vibes with what ford was planning to do and the GM knew it. Then all of a sudden, on 29 June, I got a call to go look at what he just got off the truck. I literally "$hit" myself when I saw. It was a black/black matt stripped 2010 shelby, HID's and Nav. Nothing else was offered as an option. Never thought I would want black but, OMG!!! My mind was made up and I picked it up 2 days latter.

Anyway, for those that are wondering, the last 6 is "113197", I espicially like the "197" part, and the assembly date should be 05 14 09. That's 6 weeks for delevery and/or assembly. This should help you on GUESSING? on delevery.

What I'm still trying to fugure out is just what part is the actual sequence No. Is it 13197 or 3197 or 197 and just what does the other numbers mean. BTW, There is a 7th number preceding, it is a 5, so this really confuses me on how to read this.

What I'm still trying to fugure out is just what part is the actual sequence No. Is it 13197 or 3197 or 197 and just what does the other numbers mean. BTW, There is a 7th number preceding, it is a 5, so this really confuses me on how to read this.

Assembly Plant - 11th Position

VIN Code: 5

Assembly Plant: AAI: FLAT ROCK, MI

Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th

VIN Code: 109023

Prod Sequence Number 109023

It could just mean some incremental number after the A5 (A = year 2010 and 5 = Flat Rock) on total production number for 2010 out of all plant locations. I'm pretty sure the sequence number is not particular to the Shelby, but maybe all Mustangs on the vehicle line code below. I'm not sure you can decipher the last 6 digits since it's just a number at this point.

Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions

VIN Code: P8K

Vehicle Line: Mustang

Series: Shelby GT500

Vehicle Type: Car/Minivan

Ok, here is some contradiction regarding ordering and getting a VIN. I ordered mine on June 15th. I received a VIN today of A5139073. Now I know the A5 is not part of the serial number but how do I track this number ? I would like to know build date or any other info I can get my hands on.

Kona Blue/White Strip Coupe

HID/NAV

Thanks'

It's no time to learn from the Germans now!!

VIN# 130111 which was built week of 6/15 is days away from my dealer which is in Westchester County New York..we have been following the trek from the dealers computer. It took a good 2 weeks to go from AAI to the train!! It has been moving in the last 4 days. At least its not in Michigan anymore!!! Hope this helps..........

Assembly Plant - 11th Position

VIN Code: 5

Assembly Plant: AAI: FLAT ROCK, MI

Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th

VIN Code: 109023

Prod Sequence Number 109023

It could just mean some incremental number after the A5 (A = year 2010 and 5 = Flat Rock) on total production number for 2010 out of all plant locations. I'm pretty sure the sequence number is not particular to the Shelby, but maybe all Mustangs on the vehicle line code below. I'm not sure you can decipher the last 6 digits since it's just a number at this point.

Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions

VIN Code: P8K <----Dont you mean P8"J"

Vehicle Line: Mustang

Series: Shelby GT500

Vehicle Type: Car/Minivan

My vin # is 1ZVBP8JS6A5137383 ordered on 3/13 and I have no clue when it will be built or delivered. No window sticker on the system yet.

This is better than my friend who ordered a 2009 SRT8 and just got notice from dodge that they have canceled his order.

Do you guys have any clue based on my vin number when I may get mine????????

Archived