TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RED STRIPE EDITION EMBLEM SET

dupuyf

I HAVE PURCHASE THE RED STRIPE EDITION EMBLEM SET , THANKS TO ALL THE HELP I ORDER THE TEMPPLATE FROM MR FARMDOGS

FOR THE TRUNK LETTER , NOW HAS ANYBODY CHANGE OUT THE ROUND DECK LID EMBLEM AND THE FRONT GRILL SNAKE

EMBLEM. I CAN DO THE TWO SIDE SNAKE , BUT ANY ADVISE SURE WILL HELP

THANKS

FD

The rear gas cap is a pain in the butt. I have pulled mine off twice now. Some people say to use fishing line to help separate it but I have not had much luck with this. The 3M material that holds it on is 1/8th inch thick foam double sided tape. When mine came off it ripped the foam and left part of the foam stuck to the car. I used a heat gun to heat up the mess a little and then a rag to roll it towards the center of the mess. When you get an accumulation of it you can pick it off in gooey ball. Get as much off as you can and then use goo gone automotive to remove the rest. Saturate it well and let is sit for a few minutes and then rub it again towards the center with a rag to get as much together as you can and remove it. Don't smear it all over the back of your car. try to keep it in the same location under the location of the emblem. It is a tedious process but eventually you will be able to get it all off.

Also careful not to rub too hard on the paint especially with the goo gone as it will strip the clear coat and scratch the paint.

There is probably a better way but this worked for me.

Hope this helps.

I just removed mine this weekend. Just heat up one side for a minute or two and pull it rite off. If you have some residue left you can leave it outside and let the heat do its job. While the car being outside just start to rub it or use a towel and spray it with some quick detailer.

Archived