TEAM SHELBY FORUM

11.2 mpg

cbr1000

Wow - 11.2 mpg. I would think that it could only go up from there. And obviously it depends on how much start and stop driving you're doing. But that sounds SUV low! I assume that it will still take a while for the computer to make adjustments to your driving habits.

Luckily, good gas mileage isn't what I bought this car for...hehe. :drool:

Is this right about what gt500's average?

108.jpg

18MPG something like 14city 22 highway add the 2 divide by 2 = 18

Bottom line depends on how you drive. You stay in it and you get crapola drive around town shifting gears all day you get crapola you get on the interstate run 70 with cruise on, you get pretty good. YOU CHOOSE.

Cobra010

18MPG something like 14city 22 highway add the 2 divide by 2 = 18

Bottom line depends on how you drive. You stay in it and you get crapola drive around town shifting gears all day you get crapola you get on the interstate run 70 with cruise on, you get pretty good. YOU CHOOSE.

Cobra010

On my drive from Perry to Atl in 6th,i averaged 20.Havent checkd local miles yet, but im boosting alot,and boasting alot,so it'll be lower im sure

I have no idea... I actually followed some advice from a very good friend of mine, who owns a 2001 Camaro SS.

He said....

"Don't LOOK or calculate - you might get depressed."

It was good advice!

:hysterical2:

Honestly I think mine too hovers around 15?

I have no idea... I actually followed some advice from a very good friend of mine, who owns a 2001 Camaro SS.

He said....

"Don't LOOK or calculate - you might get depressed."

It was good advice!

:hysterical2:

Honestly I think mine too hovers around 15?

LOL, I am in single digit land...

I haven't reset the AVG MPG on my KR since the day I got it, and am at about 3500 miles. Its hovering around 16.0 - 16.1. I do a combination of interstate and back road driving, and don't go into "boost" mode very often.

98% of my driving is around the small town I live in. 9.8 -10.2 and thats with a light foot. Left town for the first time in about 6 months a couple of weeks ago and got 19 mgp on the highway which included passing thru a couple of other small towns with a few stop lights.

98% of my driving is around the small town I live in. 9.8 -10.2 and thats with a light foot. Left town for the first time in about 6 months a couple of weeks ago and got 19 mgp on the highway which included passing thru a couple of other small towns with a few stop lights.

Luckily I don't have far to travel to work then. Can't imagine if I had a twenty mile drive each way every week! That would add up fast!

I'm like you, just about all my driving will be around the small town where I live - and where I work is only about 3 miles each way. No problem! :shift:

Lets take a quick look at my small fleet.....

96 Mystic Cobra

02 X5 4.6is

07 GT500

Do you guys think I ever look at my average MPG.... :banvictory:

Im 64 and remember driving a Pontiac Catalina that got 8 mpg, 2 fours etc, and we had an hour commute on a good day.That was the time of GTOs,450hpLS6 Chevlles,etc , all of which got under 10mpg. We were in the Bronx and had a bit of an attitude,but when someone asked what mileage we got, the answer was "If you have to ask that question,you cant afford the car".i know,I know, gas was cheaper, alot cheaper, but i wasnt making much money either.But the point was, and still is for me, lets have fun driving the cars--gas costs are the lowest cost of owning a car.We have a saying "You have to grow old, but you can stay immature forever""Thats me!!

Well, decided to calculate my mileage today thanks to this thread. I reset the gauge at fill up and drove through a tank. I think there is something wrong.

It gives me this icon (exactly): :jackinbox:, followed by the words "Not Applicable."

:hysterical2: I think I am spending too much time on TS!! :hysterical2:

Can some one help me with this? I can't find the corresponding light in the manual...

:hysterical:

Well, decided to calculate my mileage today thanks to this thread. I reset the gauge at fill up and drove through a tank. I think there is something wrong.

It gives me this icon (exactly): :jackinbox:, followed by the words "Not Applicable."

Can some one help me with this? I can't find the corresponding light in the manual...

:D

Funny! I'm getting about 16-17 with my Roush 427IR - which is a tall deck 351W bored and fuel injected, and it's not tuned and I know it's running rich.

The Shelby GT/SC with the Kenne Bell gets 23-24 on the highway. This is significantly better than my wife's Jeep - 99 Grand Cherokee which gets about 17, and my Dodge 1500 pick-em-up with the 5.7l Hemi which is now getting about 15 (it's almost 5 years old but is barely broken in at about 40K miles).

Get between 16 - 18 around town 20 on the highway

I must be driving it wrong. ;)

well after 230 miles.mostly city,excpet for the drive home from Parry Ga,im getting 12.8--with alot of boost useage.My XJR gets 14,my EXT gets 14,and my vette gets 20--i wont go into the GTO nubers.So Im figuring itts about avergare for me

• 3 years later...

Archived